Should Corbyn be national unity government pm | Page 11 | Vital Football

Should Corbyn be national unity government pm

In either of your replies you have not considered the thousands of small businesses and farmer who trade with the EU who have never had to do anymore than a shipping invoice/airway bill and not much else. Of course, many exporters will probably go out of business once their goods are subject to the addition of a tariff when landing in the EU.
So are you telling us that farmers put their produce on to their own lorry and just drive to the Continent at a whim ?
If so then "yes", he may have to look up the EU forms to fill in.
But I suspect the farmer uses a haulier - who only has to find the forms once - for all his farming customers.

And there is no certainty of EU import tariffs - if the EU agrees to WTO Article 24 (zero tariffs during negotiations).

Last evening I was watching the news telling me that imported fuel was at risk but exported fuel would be tariff free.
Let's get this right.
The doom mongers are predicting fuel shortages while, at the same time, we are exporting fuel to Ireland.

The government should pass a law to ban this, if true.
I suspect it's bollax as usual.

if the EU agrees to WTO Article 24 (zero tariffs during negotiations).
That's a big 'if' as it does not apply during negotiations but when agreement is relatively close. whoever fills in paperwork physically or online, it won't be done for free.

How about a constructive discussion on how to transition to more UK lamb staying for domestic consumption?
More isolationist Little Englander rhetoric. OK go ahead but you then have to accept damage to [say] the NZ economy; it has to export in order to buy essentials like oil.

Last evening I was watching the news telling me that imported fuel was at risk but exported fuel would be tariff free.
I don't know what channel you were watching. UK imports of oil and oil products would be imported tariff-free but exported refined products would attract tariffs in the EU and elsewhwere - the exact opposite as you've described it. We have no control of tariffs on our exports; that's up to the receiving country. Because the UK will apply a zero tariff to oil imports, we leave ourselves open to imports from Russia etc. How can you miss the point so dramatically?

OK. The BBC definitely majored on fuel shortages and even used old footage from 2000 showing rationing at petrol stations.
I'm not as old or as ga ga as you.
I know what I watched

They also said that the UK exports a lot of fuel to Ireland.
My point is, why would the UK export fuel to Ireland IF we had shortages here?

More isolationist Little Englander rhetoric. OK go ahead but you then have to accept damage to [say] the NZ economy; it has to export in order to buy essentials like oil.
Not at all "Little Englander". I'm not a "Little European" (despite enjoying a holiday in Germany).

It would be far better if the EU was sensible and just agreed 99% business-as-usual.
But it would be no "catastrophe" as almost every claimed problem has a counter benefit (if not improvement).

It would be far better if the EU was sensible and just agreed 99% business-as-usual.
But it would be no "catastrophe" as almost every claimed problem has a counter benefit (if not improvement).
But the problems have to be negotiated as even the Govt is predicting problems early on.

OK. The BBC definitely majored on fuel shortages and even used old footage from 2000 showing rationing at petrol stations.
I'm not as old or as ga ga as you.
I know what I watched

They also said that the UK exports a lot of fuel to Ireland.
My point is, why would the UK export fuel to Ireland IF we had shortages here?
Isolationist. If we export nothing, how are we to import what we need? Oh yes, we're going to grow our own.

Why don't you answer the question, instead of coming out with an insult?
I can't give an answer; it could be due to market forces and perhaps long term contracts. Refineries are run by companies, eg ExxonMobil, Shell and Total etc, not the Govt and they sell in order to maximise profit. Are you suggesting the state intervenes - not something the Tories savour.

I understood the question to be why do we export oil to one country and then have to import oil from another for our needs.