Short List | Vital Football

Short List

Mahatmafoot

Vital Squad Member
Now whittled down to 4. Can Bettis scrap it and add a couple more names to another list, like Wilder. If it's Hecky then it will be a major betrayal to the club and fans.

Why would it be a major betrayal if we appointed Hecky? They'll probably appoint him as he's the cheapest option

Now whittled down to 4. Can Bettis scrap it and add a couple more names to another list, like Wilder. If it's Hecky then it will be a major betrayal to the club and fans.

How do we know this? I dont know about any of you but when I'm choosing a new member of staff, I run though the likely candidates, get to a short list of three and then ask them to come in with their plan to present. Then I choose one and make the offer. I don't spend weeks 'whittling them down' from 5 to 4. Ask your questions, pick the best one. Its no more complicated than that.

How do we know this? I dont know about any of you but when I'm choosing a new member of staff, I run though the likely candidates, get to a short list of three and then ask them to come in with their plan to present. Then I choose one and make the offer. I don't spend weeks 'whittling them down' from 5 to 4. Ask your questions, pick the best one. Its no more complicated than that.
Maybe they haven't got enough applications to get a 3 man short list:eek:
It's become a more toxic, more poisonous chalice game by game by groundhog boring game.

I'd be withdrawing my application now I've seen more of the state of this squad.

The Prince knows he has to get this appointment bang on, unfortunately he can take as long as he wants but it won't guarantee a successful appointment. The ball is definitely in his court and he knows it. Good luck fella.

I feel another “Robson” like appointment coming on!
Hope I’m wrong.
Without doubt the worst appointment in our history imo he did more damage in less than a season than anybody could have imagined I remember watching us at Colchester there were only about 800 blades there proper hard core fans and all were moaning and in agreement about how bad we were I’d never seen that before yes you always got moaners but this was everybody there not one had a good word for him or his tactics
so I hope we’re both wrong m8

Ok no Blessin or Jokanovic it just cannot be Hecky ( a poor mans Wilder). It might not be as exciting but Michael Appleton would be a big improvement on what we have now and affordable !

Last edited:
Ok no Blessin or Jokanovic it just cannot be Hecky ( a poor mans Wilder). It might not be as exciting but Michael Appleton would be a big improvement on what we have now and affordable !
So would you be or anyone else on here for that matter

I feel another “Robson” like appointment coming on!
Hope I’m wrong.
I've never known you speculate negatively and then hope that you're wrong as much as you have in the last few weeks. Most unlike you Sir. Are you sure you've not heard a little whisper?

I've never known you speculate negatively and then hope that you're wrong as much as you have in the last few weeks. Most unlike you Sir. Are you sure you've not heard a little whisper?

Rather unfortunately Gray, when Chris left, I lost the more productive of my two sources.
I have not the slightest idea who is on this fabled “shortlist”. It’s just a feeling, based on some modicum of knowledge of previous events, that I am not overly optimistic about our immediate future.
As I said before, it’s just a feeling and hopefully, it will be very wrong.

Rather unfortunately Gray, when Chris left, I lost the more productive of my two sources.
I have not the slightest idea who is on this fabled “shortlist”. It’s just a feeling, based on some modicum of knowledge of previous events, that I am not overly optimistic about our immediate future.

I'm clinging to the hope that our owner dosen't wear the blinkers that a long line of previous owners have proudly worn and handed down to their successors to ensure we do it all on the cheap and take the Yorkshire reputation for being careful with money to a completely different level.
I won't be suprised if my optimism is dashed like a rudderless ship in a Force 10 of Cornwall.

I suppose no news is good news. All we can do is hope for the best I suppose, I just wondered if you’d picked up on anything, this damn season is dragging on far too long for us all.

I suppose no news is good news. All we can do is hope for the best I suppose, I just wondered if you’d picked up on anything, this damn season is dragging on far too long for us all.

Only 4 x 90 mins of abject humilliation to bare. Will we concede 6? Will we score a goal? Will Moose break into a brisk walk? Will Brewster put his shirt on the right way? All this and more answered on the next episode of.....1620066138731.png

Only 4 x 90 mins of abject humilliation to bare. Will we concede 6? Will we score a goal? Will Moose break into a brisk walk? Will Brewster put his shirt on the right way? All this and more answered on the next episode of.....View attachment 48303
I used to love Soap. You can’t watch it now except for the odd clip on YouTube just like Married with Children and Till death us do part. Far too too un PC!