Sheringham Replacement | Vital Football

Sheringham Replacement

JC21

Vital Football Hero
Did we sign anyone when we sold Sheringham or did Rosario eventually become his replacement the year after?

Last edited:
Bannister played most of that season; Rosario did not sign until March of that season if memory serves.

The NEP had been drip feeding news of the signing of our saviour; a player so good he would fire us clear of the relegation zone.

This went of for at least two months and then big bad Bob signed.

Bannister played most of that season; Rosario did not sign until March of that season if memory serves.

The NEP had been drip feeding news of the signing of our saviour; a player so good he would fire us clear of the relegation zone.

Yeah he definitely signed towards the end of the season and I remember the stories prior to signing. Didn't everybody expect Kevin Gallacher at the time and then we got Bob :rotfl:

Yeah he definitely signed towards the end of the season and I remember the stories prior to signing. Didn't everybody expect Kevin Gallacher at the time and then we got Bob :rotfl:

The supporters were less than enthusiastic; I can vividly remember away games were the song "who needs Le Tissier when we've got big bad Bob" was evident.

The supporters were less than enthusiastic; I can vividly remember away games were the song "who needs Le Tissier when we've got big bad Bob" was evident.
Going back to Bannister it was the same about him and Shearer when he scored away at Blackburn

The main names in the reckoning were all Championship (DIvision One I think at the time) players:

Guy Whittingham (who ended up scoring 42 that season)
Andy Cole
Stan Collymore

But no, we decided to go for Prem quality in Bob Rosario!

Not adequately replacing Des was a bigger mistake IMO. Brain Clough was gone by this point such a sad ending & if only he’d got some help he could’ve had years with his family.

Wilson was good enough and Wassall was OK. Wilson was rarely fit. Not sure about Wassall. Tiler was masterbate though.

It was a sad season all around because we really were too good to go down and the almighty Brian was clearly at fault for selling Sheringham and for being too stubborn ( drunk) to fix it. I remember watching from the old Trent end and realizing slowly over the season that it was all over for us in terms of the big time.
Poor owd Brian!

Cromer has better arcades and crabs.

Sheringham has a better book shop and steam choo choos.

Sheringham has an OK pub with decent seafood.

Crabs in Cromer are great.

Apart from that, I hated that area. Most of the people are proper weird. I would extent that to Norwich as well. Seems like it ought to be an alright place, but once you've spent a couple of hours there, it just seems like a very creepy place full of weird people.

Sheringham has an OK pub with decent seafood.

Crabs in Cromer are great.

Apart from that, I hated that area. Most of the people are proper weird. I would extent that to Norwich as well. Seems like it ought to be an alright place, but once you've spent a couple of hours there, it just seems like a very creepy place full of weird people.

A lot of painters at the firm i used to work for were from Wells-next to -sea , they fit the weird profile perfectly.
Anyone out of their small town is considered an alien let alone anyone with a different colour or foreign language.
Reminds me of a racist Royston Vasey.