SHERIDAN AND MASSEY OUT! | Page 4 | Vital Football

SHERIDAN AND MASSEY OUT!

No manager no matter how good would be able to stop this team getting relegated they are just not up to the job - I can't blame them because they have been put in an impossible position.

Caldwell won a championship (lucky, blah, bigger spend, blah, my granny, blah) and then was going through a rough patch and got sacked.

Sometimes, you sack a manager, and you turn things round.................... with Joyce, we didn't. With McKay, we didn't.

Alternatively, sometimes, you stick by a manager, and you turn things round. With Cook, we did .......twice. (What might have happened had we stuck by Caldwell?......we'll never know).

Caldwell's record after leaving us isn't great. In fact, it pretty much stands up against - and wins - any logical argument for bringing him in, insomuch as on it's own, it in no way qualifies him to be a candidate.

As a long term option, there may be better options to be found ......... though whether or not we could afford them, or even if they'd want to come is another thing. As a short term stop gap (if Sheridan goes), then why not........ with or without Graham Barrow.
I wouldn't take Caldwell back if he offered to work for free 🤮🤮🤮
I still have flashbacks of that afternoon at Hillsborough when Grigg put us 1-0 up after 5 minutes, then proceeded to park a non-existent bus for the next 85 minutes, even when we inevitably went 2-1 down 🤦‍♂️
The fella is tactically clueless 🤡
Graham Barrow (on his own) made a better fist of it than Caldwell.

No manager no matter how good would be able to stop this team getting relegated they are just not up to the job - I can't blame them because they have been put in an impossible position.
I disagree with this Nobrot. With all, or even some of the injured players fit again - Evans, Naismith, Tilt, Johnson, Otabor - then there'll at least be a little more experience to support the young lads.

Don't get me wrong, it's going to be no cakewalk .......................... but confidence goes a long way, and that's something that's obviously been in short supply in recent weeks. One game can make a massive difference though ................. those ifs and buts can quickly be turned around.

I wouldn't take Caldwell back if he offered to work for free.
I still have flashbacks of that afternoon at Hillsborough when Grigg put us 1-0 up after 5 minutes, then proceeded to park a non-existent bus for the next 85 minutes, even when we inevitably went 2-1 down.
The fella is tactically clueless.
Graham Barrow (on his own) made a better fist of it than Caldwell.

Each to their own opinion Exiled. Like I said to MiW, we can all point to individual games to support the argument we wish to make.

All the Swindon followers in the stable yards around here are most unimpressed! Enjoying winding them up!!BBC Swindon saying it will be his last game for us tonight!

I'm sorry guys but like Moonay says we hardly have a long list of potential candidates to choose from and I suppose there is a case for"better the devil you know" in this.

I was disappointed that Caldwell was sacked at the time and genuinely thought that he would go on to prove people wrong, but sadly that hasn't happened. If he does come back, and I really don't see many other options, he will need to hit the ground running as I doubt that he will be given any time by most of the support.

Barrow is a latics man and his experience is certainly something that has been missing. He is also used to working with young players from his time with us and I think would be a decent addition.

Each to their own opinion Exiled. Like I said to MiW, we can all point to individual games to support the argument we wish to make.

Seems like he’s scarred more than one of us!

Seriously not for me. We aren’t in a position to appoint anyone at present, just give it to Gregor and be done with it. He’s just finished coaching most of the squad for the last few years so seems logical to me.

I think some people have short memories. The boo's he received after the final whistle of his last game in charge (Brighton at Home) were as bad as any in the Coyle, Mackay and Joyce era's.
I seem to remember he even criticised the fans in the post match press conference that day too, which accelerated his demise, and yet people want him back... 🤔🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I think some people have short memories. The boo's he received after the final whistle of his last game in charge (Brighton at Home) were as bad the Coyle, Mackay and Joyce era's.
I seem to remember he even criticised the fans in the post match press conference that day too, which accelerated his demise, and yet people want him back... 🤔🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Just because some fans booed him doesn't mean he deserved to go. Hell, we'd have a new manager every week if that were the case ........and half a new starting XI too !

As I've already said, there was good and not so good during his time here ............ and I reckon he'd have turned things around if he'd stayed. Obviously, I can't prove that, , but the examples I quoted are evidence of our record when we chose to either release, or stick by recent managers.

In light of it being his last game what are the guesses for his team selection?Could be interesting!!

Made me laugh in that local rag the spaniards want him to stick around
While most of our fans want him out alot Didn't want him atall it was only through us being in the shyte we had no choice but to have him
Really hope someone comes and picks him up from swindon im sure we the fans will have a whip round help with petrol costs

Seems like he’s scarred more than one of us!

Seriously not for me. We aren’t in a position to appoint anyone at present, just give it to Gregor and be done with it. He’s just finished coaching most of the squad for the last few years so seems logical to me.

To be fair, I think that he's been at most games, supporting Richardson.

At the time I thought Caldwell went way too soon, I remember many fans were shocked at the time. The thing is he had a "disagreement" with Morsy who came back after he left and became a legend for us. So I would imagine Sharpe's justification was down to things not related to just the pitch issues.

We all knew Morsy is a leader in the dressing room, that itself could of made players very unhappy.