Sheffield Wednesday | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sheffield Wednesday

I am not saying it is the right process, or that I agree with it.

Simply, that it is the process agreed by its members.

Do I think it needs changing?

What do you think?

I think after this season I won't be renewing my season ticket. Plenty of other much worthwhile things I could be spending my hard-earned on than this madness.

I think after this season I won't be renewing my season ticket. Plenty of other much worthwhile things I could be spending my hard-earned on than this madness.

None of that Notty, its just been a long time! Just wait until the defence give the ball away trying to play out from the back leading the opposition to score. Then you'll remember what you're investing in.

Sorry, I am in the middle of a series of rum and cokes, and have itchy fingers.

Private members clubs rely on the goodwill of their members to abide by the rules they have been complicit in agreeing. Implicit in that, is a desire to avoid resorting to law.

Problems arise when that breaks down, which is where we are now.

Certain clubs try to circumvent the rules and hope they get away with it. Let's call it 'cheating', for want of a ludicrously sanitised term.

When their 'cheating' is exposed and a penalty is imposed under the rules they signed their names to, the guilty clubs resort to the law. Not to the rules, you will note, or to their fellow members: to the law.

I have a solution to that: anyone not wishing to abide by the rules will no longer be a member.

Over to the other members, who are the only ones able to change the rules.

You are a smart fella, Notty, surely the decision doesn't surprise you. It certainly doesn't me.
I'm more surprised that Wigan haven't got away with theirs. Still time though :unsure:

So, unless they get relegated next season as a result of the points deduction, they haven't really been punished, have they?

It should apply to this season. What a load of absolute crap.

So, unless they get relegated next season as a result of the points deduction, they haven't really been punished, have they?
It should apply to this season. What a load of absolute crap.

They could be denied playoffs or autos. I should imagine they will need to play like champions to get in the playoffs

Just how bent is football nowadays? The deduction for Wigan Athletic applies this season, seeing them relegated (pending the appeal), but Sheffield Wednesday get away with it until next season?

I know that the two situations are different, but there is a serious, serious lack of consistency with punishments.

they will be favourites for relegation next season, will need 5 or 6 more points than they totalled this season to have a chance of staying up. going to be a long haul for them, pressure is on.
unless of course, they appeal and the punishment is reduced, or removed completely. which would be laughable, but possible.

are derby going to be next for the -12 then?

Just how bent is football nowadays? The deduction for Wigan Athletic applies this season, seeing them relegated (pending the appeal), but Sheffield Wednesday get away with it until next season?

I know that the two situations are different, but there is a serious, serious lack of consistency with punishments.

And this is the main problem, inconsistency of punishments.

Varying fines, point deductions and timings for different teams.