Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester City 5th rd FA Cup Wednesday 4th March 2020, 7.45pm - Preview and Match day Thread | Vital Football

Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester City 5th rd FA Cup Wednesday 4th March 2020, 7.45pm - Preview and Match day Thread

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
One Down Two to Go
The one thing about rotation is that you never get a settled team and it takes about 25 minutes before they start to bond and that was the case with City on Sunday against Villa, but some of the football was sublime and a joy to watch on occasions with the odd Keystone Cops moments and that just added to an entertaining game even though I suspect we all sympathise with Villa regarding the corner that wasn't but over the years I have seen many such decisions for and against us, and Villa's defending the corner was poor.

Kevin de Bruyne is not an impact player and probably hates coming on as a substitute he builds himself into the game instead of having to be up and running, unlike Bernardo or Gabriel who you just wind up and let them go. Alls well that ends well and three on the trot well well.

City travel across into Yorkshire Owls, my last away match I attended to see my team thrash the Owls, with KK in charge and Ali Bernarbia in full flow. However, this is a different game when the FA Cup is on the line and surprisingly Auntie Beeb are showing us live. City are in a different league to when they played that game and Wednesday are striving to get back into the Premiership where their local rivals are doing pretty well and whilst the FA Cup will obviously be secondary to getting promotion, they will want to test themselves against the top flight teams.

City Team News
Out
Laporte is suffering, I think he has not fully recovered but only playing would tell us this and Pep tells us that it may be another 4 weeks, but all fans wish him well as arguably he is our outstanding defender.

Doubtful
Leroy Sane as we all know is on the road to recovery turning out for a few minutes in the U23 match against Arsenal and then wait to see if any reaction, Leroy giving his thoughts about the comeback, I hope he also gives thoughts to staying at City and we have missed him because he does bring something to the side when he is on Song.

City - connections - Dalian Atkinson, Earl Barrett, Dave Bennett, Mikel Bischoff, Lee Bradbury, Carl Bradshaw, Lee Briscoe, Scott Carson, Nigel Clough, Tony Coleman, Terry Cooke, Trevor Francis, Alan Harper, Jérémy Hélan, Andy Hinchcliffe, Dennis Leman, Steve McKenzie, Brain Marwood, Gary Megson, Ian Mellor, Eric Nixon, Gary Owen, Mark Robins, Carl Shutt, Ernie Toseland, Imrie, Varadi, Nicky Weaver, and Glenn Whelan

Famous Fan - my Mum (until I converted her)

possible starting Xl
Bravo
Walker, Otamendi, Garcia, Zinchenko,
Bernardo, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Foden, Gundogan
Jesus

Match Officials
Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistant Referees: Adam Nunn and Stuart Burt
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes

Last edited:
All eight of this season's fifth-round ties will be decided on the night. If they are level after 90 minutes, extra time and penalties will determine who goes through.

Wednesday are a big club and should be in the top flight rather than Mickey Mouse Clubs like Bournemouth. Pep will come up with a team to do the business at hand, so onward and upward Blues. Also right in my time zone to get up and watch.

Pep thinks so too:-

“We can go through to the quarter-finals and that is what we have to do, be focused on that.
“We cannot deny that tomorrow is an incredibly important game for us. It’s maybe easier to play in the Premier League.
“We need to be incredibly focused.”

Pep's injury updates:-

“Sergio, he’ll be okay for tomorrow,” the City manager confirmed who also added that Claudio Bravo would retain his place in goal for the trip to Yorkshire.
“But Leroy is not ready. After six months out, it’s a process."
“You feel good but confidence… he’s doing the normal steps to come back. Playing in second team for 50, 60 minutes…
“Now, after weeks and weeks, playing with second team. Maybe he can start (with them).”

Pep thinks so too:-

“We can go through to the quarter-finals and that is what we have to do, be focused on that.
“We cannot deny that tomorrow is an incredibly important game for us. It’s maybe easier to play in the Premier League.
“We need to be incredibly focused.”

We may have lost the Title to the 'VAR, Dippers & Divers Merchants', but we can have a great season

Bravo Walker Zinchenko Fernie Otamendi Gundogan Foden De Bruyne
Mahrez B Silva G Jesus

Mendy Stones Rodri D Silva Sterling Aguero

I'd go with that - although might be nice to see either Garcia or Stonesy given a run out at CB, the later to eradicate his potentially career defining moment between not the Twin Towers.