Sheffield Wed Fan Comments | Vital Football

Sheffield Wed Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Match Facts:

Sheffield Wednesday have won seven of their last eight league matches against Nottingham Forest (L1).

Nottingham Forest have lost their last three league matches against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.

Steve Bruce has faced a different Nottingham Forest manager in his last eight meetings with the Tricky Trees (Paul Hart, Sean O'Driscoll, BillyDavies, Dougie Freedman, Paul Williams, Gary Brazil, Mark Warburton, Aitor Karanka)

Nottingham Forest striker Lewis Grabban has scored in his previous two league appearances against Sheffield Wednesday, scoring at Hillsborough last season for Aston Villa.

Sheffield Wednesday haven't lost consecutive league matches since a run of four in October and November 2018.

Another draw I reckon.

Bannan will be a huge loss, be interesting to see whether Bruce adjusts the formation or plugs the gap with Reach or Boyd moving centrally. Can see a draw if I'm honest, but hoping for a win.

The line up ain't filling me with confidence. Right out of the Dross playbook.

Well...that team is erm...

That may just be the most lightweight midfield in the Championship.

Deck me just heard the starting lineup, that midfield oh deary me.

What an absolute joke. That is an awful awful side.

Forest haven’t won sway since November - gone from seeing positive to just not bothered now.

Joao should have scored with that header.

Forest look bobbins.

I question the validity of the forest defence tonight.

Looked like a pen that.

WWE defending that from Forest.

Ffs Fletcher injured.

Excellent save, unlucky.

Brilliant save Westwood.

Really is a brilliant keeper Westwood. So important we get him to sign a new contract.

Dirty Florist barstewards.

Most teams in this league would have punished us there.

Lack of quality from both teams in the first half.

Both sides could and should have score in the first half.

Absolutely shocking game of football from both sides.

It’s no classic but we’ve been the better side with a couple of spells of real pressure. Forest are pretty dire.

GET IN.

I hope that goal has calmed down a few on here. It looks like a few have forgot their medication today.

Lovely goal, 2-0.

Reyt strike from Boyd. I was right in line with it in the North and as soon as it left his foot it was a goal.

3-0 what the feck is happening?

We could get a draw out of this.

Forest head well wide. They are truly awful

Roy Keane's face at the final whistle as Bruce goes to shake hands. I reckon he has to be restrained, Hannibal Lecter style before he enters the dressing room after a poor performance.

MON proving a great manager again

Forest were strangely gutless considering their management team... although they did plenty of fouling.

MON is way past it. Not had a solid league record in many a year.

You're right, rhey were poor tonight.

Overall we battled it out and after an even first, we created much more than them second half.

As a side note, Luke Steele pulled off an immense save in the first half and then proceeded to have the worst game I’ve ever seen a keeper have. Cannot kick a ball to save his life.

Firest fans singing 'were fffuckingg sshit' lol.

First half very even and they probably had the slightly better chances. Great saves from both keepers in the space of a minute.

Great start to the 2nd half. First Matias goal was bizarre, certainly from side on until you realise their keeper had a mare.

Have to say, I've never seen so many basic, unforced errors from two sides in that 1st half. It was a truly awful game of football...which made it bizarrely very entertaining. Thankfully, in the 2nd half, Forest continued in the same vein, but we came out much sharper in the 2nd half, and that goal straight after HT was the catalyst to a much improved performance.

We didn't have as much control as we have done in games of late, and in the end, the margin of victory perhaps flattered us. Those fine margins which went against us on Saturday, went for us last night. Contrast Westwood's save at 0-0 to him parrying Villa's winner into his own goal on Saturday; Matias' 2nd goal ricocheting back into his path; scoring two low percentage goals from outside the box yet missing a penalty on Saturday.

We were helped by Forest looking toothless in the final third, they really did have the kind of night where they wouldn’t score in Phuket.

I think that apart from the first 15-20 mins, we were all over them. The second half they had some chances but only because they played a forward 3, but that left so many gaps in midfield that we played through them with ease.

Fletcher got kicked all over the place.

Quite fair comments as it was a shit game. Neither side will be in the playoffs but how poor we were 2nd half is a real worry.

Have to agree that Steele's kicking was pathetic and what the hell was he doing for the first goal? After kicking it about 20 yards he then fails to get back into any sort of position to save the strike on goal! After making 2 blinding saves in the first half....

Cheers CP. Pretty much standard fare with the comments about us. Gutless and no real quality while still being ‘dirty’

How many times have we seen these type of comments recently?

Must be our fault as fans obviously. Either that or a refereeing conspiracy... ?

Wednesday fans I spoke to were complimenting Lolz & did seem quite complimentary of Loonz which surprised me. They did say about Steelz good saves but then being shit as well. Said about the fans being loud & as good natured as you’d hope for with away fans.
Always different actually talking to people rather than keyboard warriors though.

Conversation then went about Roy Keane & his anger issues & chip on his shoulder.

Cheers CP. Pretty much standard fare with the comments about us. Gutless and no real quality while still being ‘dirty’

How many times have we seen these type of comments recently?

Must be our fault as fans obviously. Either that or a refereeing conspiracy... ?
Except the 'dirty' comment is rubbish. Wednesday players pulled our players back every time we ran past them - as RN said, they eventually got a booking on 18 minutes when it could have been three by then. I think one of those who got away with it was booked for a similar cynical foul second half, so could have been off.

Except the 'dirty' comment is rubbish.
Not really. On another night Benalouane could have gone and we got away with a few decisions as well.

Go back through these threads and you will see a common theme. Is every opposition fan’s opinion rubbish? I am not convinced.

Not really. On another night Benalouane could have gone and we got away with a few decisions as well.

Go back through these threads and you will see a common theme. Is every opposition fan’s opinion rubbish? I am not convinced.

He can't be reasoned with, he's in some bizarre bubble and can't cope with reality.

He can't be reasoned with, he's in some bizarre bubble and can't cope with reality.
Here you go, since you like stats:
Sheff Wed Nottm Forest
Possession 55% 45%
Shots 14 14
Shots on Target 5 6
Corners 1 2
Fouls 14 15

Were we three goals worse than Wednesday? No. Were we dirtier than them? No. But carry on with your fantasies by all means.

Here you go, since you like stats:
Sheff Wed Nottm Forest
Possession 55% 45%
Shots 14 14
Shots on Target 5 6
Corners 1 2
Fouls 14 15

Were we three goals worse than Wednesday? No. Were we dirtier than them? No. But carry on with your fantasies by all means.
In an earlier post you were saying you felt Sheff Wed were playing dirty. The stats show we committed more fouls than they did so what does that make us?

And we were 3 goals worse than them because they scored 3 and we scored... 0.

Sounds about right to me.

The first half we went in deservedly level. The second half we also got what we deserved which was nothing.

Strange, because when we beat Hull 3-0 there were people queuing up to say that we didn't deserve it. CP even said they had a penalty shout at 1-0 and suggested we wouldn't have come back if it had been given and scored.

But if I say the stats don't show Wednesday three goals better than us, people quote the score.

So which is it? A deserved 3-0 win and a deserved 3-0 defeat, or room for subjective views of both games?