Sheffield Utd v Swans | Vital Football

Sheffield Utd v Swans

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Delighted with this result. It was so important to have a good start. It wasn’t perfect and a lot of passes went astray, but we were up against a side who rarely lose at home, and we showed a lot of character for a young team to come from behind.
Sheffield United were unbeaten in each of their last 13 home league matches against us since losing 2-1 back in March 1939.
I thought the centre back pairing played well and we need to keep Fed if we can.
Montero changed the game when he came on, lets hope he’ll can steer clear of injuries.

Just checked, as a bit of a yardstick of a promotion winning side, how Cardiff got on in August last season, five straight wins, phew, some way to go then.

Watched the photo gallery of away fans at Sheffield, only about 1k there, it was 3k for the opening game last season, but they certainly made plenty of noise!
First away match of the season that I’ve missed in seven years, hoping to resume away days soon. I watched it on a day pass and the biased co-commentator got on my nerves, every decision going against SU was questioned, found out he was an ex SU player. Leon was one of the pundits, having played for both clubs, and gave a fair assessment.

Last time I was there was 2010, we lost 2-0. We needed to win to stay sixth in the last play off place. Our last home game the following week we drew 0-0 against Doncaster and Paulo Sousa’s side missed out on the play offs. The team that day was -
01 De Vries
02 Williams
16 Monk
21 Bessone
22 Rangel
07 Britton
08 Pratley (Orlandi 75)
11 Van der Gun (Trundle 75)
12 Dyer (Cotterill 64)
27 Gower
42 Kuqi
Substitutes
17 Cornell, 26 Serran, 10 Orlandi, 24 Allen, 49 Cotterill, 18 Pintado, 19 Trundle

Remember the Gorka Pintado song to the chorus part of Frankie Valli’s “Cant take my eyes off you”, chorus was “I love you baby, and if it’s quite alright” changed to
“Gor-ka Pin-tado, da dah da dah da dah”

Blast from the past. Did you see Alan Knill on the touch line, now assistant manager to Chris Wilder. He was our centre half in 1988 when Terry Yorath was in charge.

Wasn't expecting that start. Would have been delighted with a draw but we pulled it back after a soft goal to concede having defended well. Mistakes crept in and they went close twice before scoring

Some proper nice build up play at times and when it clicks we could be devastating on the counter with Montero and McKay. Potter has got them clicking early and maybe we can challenge in top half although we need to keep Fede and boost the midfield. Plus we didn't have a backup striker yesterday either.

It’s going to be a frantic few days to try and get our reinforcement targets over the line and move out the remainder of the disinterested big earners and non producers.