Sheffield United-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sheffield United-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

Daily Mail player ratings

Ederson 6 Fernie 7 Otamendi 6.5 Laporte 8 Walker 7 Rodri 7.5 De Bruyne 8
Zinchenko 6.5 Mahrez 7.5 Sterling 6.5 Gabriel Jesus 5

Aguero 8 E Garcia B Silva no marking

Pep Guardiola 7

Referee Lee Mason 6

Bit of a battleground wasn’t it.
Pep’s substitutions continue to perplex me as in who he takes off and leaves on.
A hard earned three points.

Just watching SSN and their report clarifies that VAR is not allowed to be used for keeper encroachment. It’s madness! Why not?!

Just watching SSN and their report clarifies that VAR is not allowed to be used for keeper encroachment. It’s madness! Why not?!

I can only assume that it because during the Women’s World Cup it caused multiple retakes as the keepers were shown to be stepping off their line every time. But you didn’t need VAR yesterday to see how far he was off his line and besides.......it was always intended to cover “clear and obvious errors” which this was as neither the referee nor the assistant (he had one job!) appeared to see him early on the six yard line before he saved!

They always default to this setting.

He's in my list of Most Disliked Premier League Managers along with...
Taggart
Warnock
Pardew
Wilder

*Moyes - When at Everton. I felt sorry for him at JoMU and am now neutral on him so have removed him to the Reserve List

I forgot Maureen! What was I thinking Hitting

I thought so.......

The snide :censor: who tried to do Laporte was the same guy that did Agüero in December 2014 when playing for Everton. If I recall he took out Agüero from behind making zero contact with the ball.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30257082

No doubt in my mind that they deliberately targeted Laporte yesterday - that late tackle, the elbow to the head on the corner......definitely part of Wilder’s game plan.

I thought so.......

The snide :censor: who tried to do Laporte was the same guy that did Agüero in December 2014 when playing for Everton. If I recall he took out Agüero from behind making zero contact with the ball.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30257082

No doubt in my mind that they deliberately targeted Laporte yesterday - that late tackle, the elbow to the head on the corner......definitely part of Wilder’s game plan.

The knee raised at the corner too, absolutely no reason for their player to jump in like that. Looking back at that Besic challenge, it could easily have been red.

Yes, he was very good tonight - one early poor pass, but that's to be allowed for.
Good to see he took that nasty one for Besic, and I thought Garcia, for the time he was on the field made a couple of timely challenges.

Thing now is Laporte rested on Sunday with next week against United in mind, and Garcia get a start?

There was one absolutely crucial block from Garcia, his reading of the game continues to impress.

I can't see him getting a start at WHL though, I'd like to think he will as they're going to play on the counter with balls over the top to Moura and Son, think that type of game would suit him.

There was one absolutely crucial block from Garcia, his reading of the game continues to impress.

I can't see him getting a start at WHL though, I'd like to think he will as they're going to play on the counter with balls over the top to Moura and Son, think that type of game would suit him.

Garcia's positional play and anticipation would back that up, but you're right - Pep always seems to go with the experienced heads in a fixture like that - not that there's anything wrong with it as a general rule.

The knee raised at the corner too, absolutely no reason for their player to jump in like that. Looking back at that Besic challenge, it could easily have been red.
Yes it could. VAR AWOL totally last night. As mentioned in the post after yours - 100% intentional. Horrid little :censor:

Last edited:
They always default to this setting.

He's in my list of Most Disliked Premier League Managers along with...
Taggart
Warnock
Pardew
Wilder

*Moyes - When at Everton. I felt sorry for him at JoMU and am now neutral on him so have removed him to the Reserve List
Tony Penis
Ron Saunders

Player Ratings:- MUEN
Ederson- 5
Otamendi - 6
Walker - 7
Laporte** - 7
Fernandinho (C) - 7
Zinchenko- 7
Sterling- 5
Rodrigo - 6
Mahrez - 8
De Bruyne- 7
Jesus* - 4
SUBS *Aguero 7 **Garcia 6 **Bernardo 5 Not used Bravo, Cancelo, Gundogan, Foden, Garcia

Player Ratings:- SKY
Ederson- 7
Otamendi - 7
Walker - 6
Laporte** - 7
Fernandinho (C) - 7
Zinchenko- 6
Sterling- 6
Rodrigo - 6
Mahrez - 6
De Bruyne- 7
Jesus* - 5
SUBS *Aguero 7 **Garcia 6 **Bernardo n/a Not used Bravo, Cancelo, Gundogan, Foden, Garcia

MATCH FACTS as of 22/9/20
Head-to-head

• Sheffield United's only victory in the past 11 league meetings was 1-0 at home in January 2000 (D5, L4).
Manchester City
  • Manchester City have scored 33 Premier League away goals in 11 games at an average of three per game - in English top-flight history, only Preston North End have a better average over a season, scoring 35 in 11 matches in 1888-89.
  • City have kept just three clean sheets in their last 14 league games, with two of those against Sheffield United at the Etihad.
  • Riyad Mahrez is the only Premier League player to both score and assist 20 goals since the start of last season in all competitions (21 goals, 23 assists).
  • Kevin De Bruyne's 16 assists in all competitions this season is more than any other Premier League player.