Sheffield United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sheffield United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• WIn

• Draw

• Lose

Results are only viewable after voting.
Opposition having poor form, we look like we've finally turned a corner, there's only one thing that means, a spurs disappointment.

I think we'll win but with the way other teams have been performing I don't think it'll make much difference in the race for top 5. Damage is done most likely.

The good news is that we don't have to play the top sides. That bad news is we don't have any 6 pointers against them and therefore it's not in our hands.

All Jose can probably do is break it into the July fixtures then the pre-season and then we get ready for when teams are all one zero points again.

It's possible that if teams like Chelsea and City have to deal with the FA Cup and CL games on top of the league games that they will suffer from that in the second half of next season. That could work in our favour.

The good news is that we don't have to play the top sides. That bad news is we don't have any 6 pointers against them and therefore it's not in our hands.

All Jose can probably do is break it into the July fixtures then the pre-season and then we get ready for when teams are all one zero points again.

It's possible that if teams like Chelsea and City have to deal with the FA Cup and CL games on top of the league games that they will suffer from that in the second half of next season. That could work in our favour.
We still have Leicester to play and they're in freefall at the moment. They also have to play Arsenal and Man Utd. Win our game in hand and beat them and we're 4 points behind.

Let's say City's appeal is denied. That's places for Liverpool and in all probability Chelsea and United. It leaves one more place for either Leicester, Wolves, us or Arsenal.

Wolves still have to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Sheff Utd, Palace and Burnley. That's a toughish set of fixtures and they'll drop points somewhere.

So there's still an outside chance but we'd have to win, I think, at least 6 of our remaining games, including Arsenal. That's a very tough ask.

We still have Leicester to play and they're in freefall at the moment. They also have to play Arsenal and Man Utd. Win our game in hand and beat them and we're 4 points behind.

Let's say City's appeal is denied. That's places for Liverpool and in all probability Chelsea and United. It leaves one more place for either Leicester, Wolves, us or Arsenal.

Wolves still have to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Sheff Utd, Palace and Burnley. That's a toughish set of fixtures and they'll drop points somewhere.

So there's still an outside chance but we'd have to win, I think, at least 6 of our remaining games, including Arsenal. That's a very tough ask.

That is exactly what Jose was saying in his interview. We keep fighting until it is mathematically impossible, and we also use this season to make sure we are better for when the points reset to zero in Sep.

Who would have thought that Spurs v Sheffield United would be a difficult game for us .,
Anyone saying that three seasons ago would have been laughed at , and by saying that , I mean no disrespect to united at all .
As a club , they have done a fantastic job , one that has done them proud .
I’m predicting a 1-0 win for us , another clean sheet , Dier and Kane putting in great performances ,,

I've said for quite sometime that we won't lose any of our last ten games, but whether we can get enough wins is questionable. Our final finish will be as much dependent on the other contesting teams as much as ourselves.

Leicester as you rightly say are not the team they were early in the season, but whether we can makeup ten points on them in seven games is doubtful. Much the same applies with Chelsea, they are inconsistent but it is a big gap. No chance of catching United, they will finish third and finally end any hopes Poch may have had of joining them. That should be the top five unless we get 19 or 21 points from seven games, which may, but not necessarily will be enough for top five.

I'd happily settle for sixth at the end of what has been a rotten season. For that to happen though Wolves will need to falter, which they just don't seem to do, whilst Burnley are dark horses.

I disregard Arsenal, Everton, Shef United and Palace,

Just watched PL 100 Club: Harry Kane ...which I recorded on Sky. Wow not just the quality of his goals but the hunger and desire the team showed and delight when he scored...cammeradery and togetherness were obvious to see...where the fcuk did that go and when did it dissipate? Not jut Harry's goals but the clips picked out the quality and desire of a Happy Christain Ericksen, A happy Deli Alislotting great passes through to Harry, a happy Wanyama a happy Dembele a happy squad that looked immense and about to do something big and great...Poch and Levy together fcuked up the evolution of that bunch....ah well ...rebuild underway I hope

Win or bust! - It's a concern that those around has have played their game (32) already so the table looks even more depressing.
Win and we are still 4 points off Wolves and Utd on same games played.

We have some very winnable games in our run in, but so do Utd. We have the gooners, Utd have similarly 'easy' games to us without any real 'threats', so unless they slip up massively, I see us finishing in 6 at best or 13th at worst.

MUST WIN!
Very similar opinions there. COYS

Just watched PL 100 Club: Harry Kane ...which I recorded on Sky. Wow not just the quality of his goals but the hunger and desire the team showed and delight when he scored...cammeradery and togetherness were obvious to see...where the fcuk did that go and when did it dissipate? Not jut Harry's goals but the clips picked out the quality and desire of a Happy Christain Ericksen, A happy Deli Alislotting great passes through to Harry, a happy Wanyama a happy Dembele a happy squad that looked immense and about to do something big and great...Poch and Levy together fcuked up the evolution of that bunch....ah well ...rebuild underway I hope
That was definitely the happy families era that was very much to the fore in Poch's early days. As to when it started to go wrong I think that that unquestionably dates back to failing to secure Eriksen on an extended contract. Despite Harry's goal scoring heroics, Eriksen definitely made that team tick when it was at its peak. Once his form and motivation declined, the team declined simultaneously.

My starting selection for tonight:

Lloris; Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Sessegnon; Sissoko, Winks; Lo Celso, N'dombele, Son; Kane.

My starting selection for tonight:

Lloris; Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Sessegnon; Sissoko, Winks; Lo Celso, N'dombele, Son; Kane.
Pretty much agree with that eleven. I wouldn't have Sessegnon as a preference ahead of Davies, but there are a lot of games coming up for a player who has had a fair number of injuries in recent times, so fully expect to see Sessegnon given a few outings between now and the end of the season.

Just read a projected 11 for tonight...

Lloris
Auria-Alders-Verts-Sessy
Maura-Sissy-LoCelso-Son
Kane - Dele

Some bench left eh!
What do you all think, me I went mmmm! COYS