Sheffield born Corrie Star has passed away | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sheffield born Corrie Star has passed away

With something so ridiculously absurd it is superfluous to actually need to deny it.

A bit like asking if Kirk has an IQ above 15.
Ya couldn't help but to mention McC could ya? Ya really are obsessed mi owd pal,i bet when weathers crap it's a McC day in your home aint it ya Suzie Dent wannabe?:yes::giggle: UTCB

When I was working, circa 1986, I did Kevin Webster's wedding (Michael le Vell) to an actress out of a programme called Sharon & Elsie and the whole cast attended, Percy, Stan,Vera,Hilda,Bet et al and none of them act on set-they were all exactly like their characters
It was like an episode of Corrie, Percy stood at the lounge bar all night lecturing all and sundry.Vera got very pissed and,most memorable, a drunk Bet Lynch ,at closing time as the bar staff were clearing up, succeeded in embarrassing one of the younger glass collectors by responding to his request to 'empty your glasses please'by asking" what luv,you fancy a blow job?" at the top of her voice and cackling loudly at her own wonderful sense of humour.o_O

I thought for a second you were going to say Kevin McCabes wedding. I started to imagine what would be in the soup and shuddered.

Plenty of pretty faces you can look at without risking the onset of depression from the endless tragedies and conflict that pass for soap opera's today. EastEnders has always been about doom and desperation, but there was a time (the Gilroys, the Duckworths etc ) when there were as many laughs as tears in Coro. Now its all 'challenging' storylines, excessive 'diversity' and 'social issues', and dreadful people coming and going, being beastly to everyone. As it was once said, 'all that sex and violence? I can get that at home...except for the sex of course...'

Christ, that's like a Tomy post about Saintly Kevin.

don't know if any of you are actually watching it these days - its not all doom and gloom (although there's a fair bit) and Maureen Lipman has shown up again as the streets new battle-axe, Evelyn (Tyrones long lost Gran) - she's absolute quality and would put a lot of the moaners or here to shame :wagging:

TBH Aya, I just can't be bothered watching stupid/aggressive people being stupid/aggressive any more. It just annoys the hell out of me and I get frustrated with it. However, it is Mrs FKB's first choice, the darker the drama the better, cruel and unusual murders, subtitled from Swedish? Fantastic!

Much as I would happily bomb the soaps, I would save the nukes for The Apprentice. Getting 16 young people who are up so far up their own arses and getting them to do stupid things under pressure is one thing (I don't watch it...but I understand the format), but I once saw the episode where they were going over the contestants business plans, which were so laughable they wouldn't get a D- in GCSE Business Studies. Maybe I'm just getting old...

TBH Aya, I just can't be bothered watching stupid/aggressive people being stupid/aggressive any more. It just annoys the hell out of me and I get frustrated with it. However, it is Mrs FKB's first choice, the darker the drama the better, cruel and unusual murders, subtitled from Swedish? Fantastic!

Much as I would happily bomb the soaps, I would save the nukes for The Apprentice. Getting 16 young people who are up so far up their own arses and getting them to do stupid things under pressure is one thing (I don't watch it...but I understand the format), but I once saw the episode where they were going over the contestants business plans, which were so laughable they wouldn't get a D- in GCSE Business Studies. Maybe I'm just getting old...

I think rants like these are a sign of getting old FKB, and as for Mrs FKB - wonderful - I bet she enjoyed The Tunnel then....this is me when I watch them :bag:

I thought for a second you were going to say Kevin McCabes wedding. I started to imagine what would be in the soup and shuddered.
I doubt I'd have that honour H, I always charged full price for weddings.:LOL:
Funnily enough I do remember what the happy couple had that day (big posh do remember!),it was egg mayonnaise. In recognition of their fame and standing the chef piped S E on the two halves of the bride's starter and C S on 'Kevin#s in homage to their respective programmes.

As they sat down Kevin looked at the plates and said "They've spelt SEX wrong"

It's not all glory you know!

don't know if any of you are actually watching it these days - its not all doom and gloom (although there's a fair bit) and Maureen Lipman has shown up again as the streets new battle-axe, Evelyn (Tyrones long lost Gran) - she's absolute quality and would put a lot of the moaners or here to shame :wagging:
Wonderful is Maureen Lipman,Monte.Evelyn meks me wot i think TT wud be like if he wor a woman.:yes: Altho to be fair Evelyn aint lambasted King Kev yet so perhaps not.:giggle: UTCB

Wonderful is Maureen Lipman,Monte.Evelyn meks me wot i think TT wud be like if he wor a woman.:yes: Altho to be fair Evelyn aint lambasted King Kev yet so perhaps not.:giggle: UTCB

And yet he tries to say I'm the one with the obsession!!!.

You just can't resist bringing McC comparisons and allusions into any post can you?

It's increasingly clear you have a man crush on him but you need to change your tactics, stop hanging around Shirecliffe and BDBL and get across to an airport lounge in the Middle East, you'll double your chances of having a 'liaison' with him because, as we all know, to our cost, he doesn't learn from his mistakes and it's where he meets his 'partners'

As for the Maureen Lipman comparison Rod,you need to realise she's playing a part but she does it very well just as I do when giving any task.:yes:

And yet he tries to say I'm the one with the obsession!!!.

You just can't resist bringing McC comparisons and allusions into any post can you?

It's increasingly clear you have a man crush on him but you need to change your tactics, stop hanging around Shirecliffe and BDBL and get across to an airport lounge in the Middle East, you'll double your chances of having a 'liaison' with him because, as we all know, to our cost, he doesn't learn from his mistakes and it's where he meets his 'partners'

As for the Maureen Lipman comparison Rod,you need to realise she's playing a part but she does it very well just as I do when giving any task.:yes:
Ya see this is wheer tha proves tha not as clever as tha thinks TT,i go to watch Football at BDBL&Shirecliffe,i know it's many many years since you attended BDBL, the Home of football but even so a fella who claims to be so clever shud know why TRUE BLADES like missen attend BDBL&Shirecliffe,plus i also go to Stocky occassionally.Do try and keep up mi owd pal.:giggle: UTCB

Ya see this is wheer tha proves tha not as clever as tha thinks TT,i go to watch Football at BDBL&Shirecliffe,i know it's many many years since you attended BDBL, the Home of football but even so a fella who claims to be so clever shud know why TRUE BLADES like missen attend BDBL&Shirecliffe,plus i also go to Stocky occassionally.Do try and keep up mi owd pal.:giggle: UTCB
Here we go, it's time for the irrelevant post that evades/misses/attempts to swerve/ignores the salient points made.

Now, back to your man crush. You ought to practise a few familiar phrases to aid the consummation.
Try 'no bigger Blade' (but that could cause a little tension between the two of you):LOL:. How about holidays, 'Europe in 5yrs' has a ring to it. Maybe 'the family club' might be a bit too soon in the relationship but you're on safe ground with 'unlucky' .
Money's often a bone of contention between couples so i wouldn't mention owt about not being a selling club and of course there's the 'in sickness and in health' clause- just don't mention (Beattie) flu being about at this time of year.
You do realise that you'd have to take his son with you wherever you went and that if a big name suitor came along after a period of relative happiness you'd be dumped, particularly if McC thought it would help his business.
On balance you're much better off with your Gert but we all understand that you've had this crush so long it's become not just a burden but a major part of your (unrequited) existence.

I can just see the Star's headline

NO BIGGER BLADES TO LIVE TOGETHER IN LOVE NEST
Equal partners says Kevin. who has a string of broken relationships behind him,but Rod pays the rent.

Here we go, it's time for the irrelevant post that evades/misses/attempts to swerve/ignores the salient points made.

Now, back to your man crush. You ought to practise a few familiar phrases to aid the consummation.
Try 'no bigger Blade' (but that could cause a little tension between the two of you):LOL:. How about holidays, 'Europe in 5yrs' has a ring to it. Maybe 'the family club' might be a bit too soon in the relationship but you're on safe ground with 'unlucky' .
Money's often a bone of contention between couples so i wouldn't mention owt about not being a selling club and of course there's the 'in sickness and in health' clause- just don't mention (Beattie) flu being about at this time of year.
You do realise that you'd have to take his son with you wherever you went and that if a big name suitor came along after a period of relative happiness you'd be dumped, particularly if McC thought it would help his business.
On balance you're much better off with your Gert but we all understand that you've had this crush so long it's become not just a burden but a major part of your (unrequited) existence.

I can just see the Star's headline

NO BIGGER BLADES TO LIVE TOGETHER IN LOVE NEST
Equal partners says Kevin. who has a string of broken relationships behind him,but Rod pays the rent.
Oh dearie me thaz finally flipped TT.:ROFLMAO: By the way ya used to say i'm the TRUEST BLADE,mek thi mind up Basil.:ROFLMAO: I hope Mrs TT's ready wi a cowd flannel for ya head owd lad.:LOL:Deserves a medal that lady,:yes: Any way tek care cos i'm gerrin ready for the BLADES game shortly, Hope we win,do you? toodles. UTCB

Oh dearie me thaz finally flipped TT.:ROFLMAO: By the way ya used to say i'm the TRUEST BLADE,mek thi mind up Basil.:ROFLMAO: I hope Mrs TT's ready wi a cowd flannel for ya head owd lad.:LOL:Deserves a medal that lady,:yes: Any way tek care cos i'm gerrin ready for the BLADES game shortly, Hope we win,do you? toodles. UTCB
Now,now, don't get picky.
If he's reading your replies he might be (just like the rest of us) be a tad disappointed with his suitor.

Do I want us to win???????????

Poor bait that.

Now,now, don't get picky.
If he's reading your replies he might be (just like the rest of us) be a tad disappointed with his suitor.

Do I want us to win???????????

Poor bait that.

I think Rod's got a man crush on you TT - can't stop thinking about you :love: