Sheff Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 3 March @ 6pm - BT | Page 25 | Vital Football

Sheff Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 3 March @ 6pm - BT

No crosses from the byline from either full back or wingers
We made 40 or 50 crosses, a lack of crosses certainly wasn’t the issue of anything the glaring issue was that it was all we were doing. We played into their hands at every step of the way tonight and the worst part is that it was all caused by deliberate decisions

We made 40 or 50 crosses, a lack of crosses certainly wasn’t the issue of anything the glaring issue was that it was all we were doing. We played into their hands at every step of the way tonight and the worst part is that it was all caused by deliberate decisions
You or I could have made those crosses. You need to get past the defence and pull it back low.

The good news is we didn’t spend £40m on him over the winter so he can fuck back off to where he came from and feature for Chelski in the league cup next season a couple of times a season.

I thought he tried a bit but it was very disjointed with him and Sanson when they came on. Didn’t feel like much cohesion between anyone, we looked like a team of lots of individuals again without that one individual who could make the difference

That is why we need a team to be coached to play the right way instead of relying on just Jack to create.

The good news is we didn’t spend £40m on him over the winter so he can fuck back off to where he came from and feature for Chelski in the league cup next season a couple of times a season.

I thought he tried a bit but it was very disjointed with him and Sanson when they came on. Didn’t feel like much cohesion between anyone, we looked like a team of lots of individuals again without that one individual who could make the difference

you'd think there's no chance we'd be interested in keeping him but well you know our ability to disappoint

shite but then we have been in most matches since our break - sometimes we luck out or grind out a result but quality is limited

Last edited:

Remember when we let Fulham cross all day and we beat them easily?
Shoe....other....foot.

Ollie can't out jump a taller defender and get enough on it to beat a keeper from 10yrs.

Remember when we let Fulham cross all day and we beat them easily?
Shoe....other....foot.

Ollie can't out jump a taller defender and get enough on it to beat a keeper from 10yrs.
He's not a CF in my eyes No point in crossing ball into him he ain't gonna win em when it matters

Getting the ball out wide to el ghazi to float the ball in didn't work in the first half... or early second half.... so why keep persisting trying to float balls in?
When bert missed that chance, the writing was on the wall that we weren't scoring

We wouldn't have lost that with Jack and cash playing.

Swap manager just for tonight and as soon as they went to 10 men on comes an extra striker off goes the defensive mid, Not is just carry o creating nothing more than scraps

When Davis came on they couldn't get out. 30 minutes of that and we would've scored. The sub was made too late unfortunately. Should've kept Traore on too but it was all revolving around getting Barkley in the game.

Wish I had a punchbag......
Match panned out in the horrid way I suspected it would.
Paid for a month of BT to be this disappointed.

The life of a Villa fan eh!

Davis did have a couple of nice touches when he come on should have come on loads earlier than he did all our crosses straight to keeper shooting from outside the box straight at sheff player most of them waste of time and the passing back too easy for them by the time we attack they are all back defending