Sheff Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 3 March @ 6pm - BT | Page 14 | Vital Football

Sheff Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 3 March @ 6pm - BT

Could see this happening as soon as I saw the line up. It worked against Leeds but these guys are a different proposition, we need composure in midfield i.e. Luiz or Barkley who can dictate the game and play some decent passes to exploit their weaknesses in the back. All we’ve done is tried to play them at their own game with energy and graft which is silly because they’re bottom of the league and we should be trying to outplay them rather than combat them with more graft

Hard choice for Dean. Midfield is not creating anything so I would hook Nakamba for Sanson or Barkley at half time. But If he's true to form he'll bring Barkley on the 69th minute if we have not scored by then.

If this finishes 1-0 I'm afraid a top 6 finish is fantasy. A top ten finish would still be our best season in years but it's so frustrating when we are in with a very real chance of getting into Europe.
We have dropped too many points to struggling teams and Deano isn't making changes early enough to swing games when we can all see changes are needed.

Zero creativity in the middle. There wasn't against Leeds either.

There wasn't apart from El ghazi against Leeds. Swept away by the result Deano . Tonight was perfect opportunity to tweak. Half time, so there is time but....

So frustrating

Ramsey's inexperience is showing as the game is passing him by.

I was surprised when some people were calling for Elmo to be given another contract? - Not for me thank you and it crossed my mind is he only still here due to our Egyptian owner?

The midfield needs a shake-up with Sanson for Ramsey but that will only happen around the customary 60 minutes.

All this talk on BT about European place for Villa is laughable.

Last edited: