Sheff U V NUFC | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sheff U V NUFC

Correct decision! Serves Sheff Utd right for stopping, Carroll was onside and Shelvey played to the whistle.

Looks like a great commentary, McNamee. You're right, unexpected!

That leaves us 4 points behind a definite Europa League place, 2 behind a possible one and 5 (or a few Dubravka performances) ahead of a relegation spot, pretty much half way to safety in a normal season with 4 matches until the half way point.

It's an interesting season, earlier we saw West Ham unbeaten in 6 to get up to 5th, followed by 1 point out of 18, 4 in 24. Everton were riding high, now in the bottom 3 after 3 defeats in a row. Wolves were 2nd bottom, now up to 5th.

NUFC need to make the most of what they can, still only 2 goals from strikers and still 3rd lowest scorers overall in the Premier League.

Next up, won their last two, unbeaten in three, Southampton.

Last edited:
I have a quick look at the Premier table before I do my forecasts for the Scorecast and on Saturday morning Crystal Palace were a place above us on goal difference. Come Wednesday morning and they were 5th in the table. The difference between 6th position and 17th is tonight 6 points. It's as close as I've ever known it. The uncomfortable reality is that we are not the least bit interested in chasing a top 4 position, just keeping in the Premiership

Can someone please tell WTF Almiron did to warrant 8/10? They are wanking over him on the Chronicle and I'm sure he didn't touch the ball for an hour. Ran around like a headless chicken, no end product and managed to tackle himself. If that gets you 8/10 then some people clearly haven't seen the likes of Ginola, Gillespie and Robert!