Shay McCarten: The BD8 view | Vital Football

Shay McCarten: The BD8 view

Not sure whether we'll look to sign him permanently, but if we choose to, we've got a great negotiating position because they don't appear to want him and he doesn't want to be there.

I'm not sure he'll be a priority signing so Bradford can't use that against us, as though he's been a star player for us.

I think the key post in that thread is the one that details the wages. It all depends if the Cowleys think he can cut the mustard at L1 level and if so if we and the player can come to an agreement on wages considering he would currently be paid at the top end (or above) our highest players.

And of course they then have to consider if they want to pay top wages for someone who isn't one of the "first names on the team sheet" grouping.

I personally like him, I think he is one of the few players that can close dribble through the centre but IF the management aren't seeing him as in their strongest 11 then wages may well be the stumbling point.

Jesus. The Bradford fans really don't like him.

Perhaps may be able to get him for cheaper than the agreed buyout considering the current situations

would need to show he can play regular full 90 minutes, imo. it limits sub options if there are certain players starting that you have to take off after 60-70.

although a fullcowley close season might address that.