Shay Given | Vital Football

Shay Given

The Pyrry

Vital Reserves Team
Extract from his book in the Chronicle, portraying his exit from the club.

Hope all the people who slagged him off and called him a mercinary choke on their words

Very good keeper, loyal servant and a top bloke

It's a standard tactic of Ashley. Discredit the leaving player , did it with Shay, Carroll , Cabaye, Ben Arfa and many others.

It's why I never read ex-players books.

There is always (at least) 2 sides to any and every story - getting it across from one persons perspective only, doesn't tell the full truth.

CuckFan - 17/10/2017 20:34

It's why I never read ex-players books.

There is always (at least) 2 sides to any and every story - getting it across from one persons perspective only, doesn't tell the full truth.

Both sides have been said though, this is Given's take of his time here and how it ended.

Aye.

But if you listen to 2-sugars on here for example - he'd have you believe he was the next big thing in law and legal-eagle stuff.

Fact is he's much closer to the original 'bellboy' from Quadrophenia - with more emphasis on the double meaning of 'bell'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_8j5lGcvKE

*that does not mean I think Shay is wrong / trying to swing the argument his way. I just don't like all this 'spilling the beans' long after the event, unless it's something both parties release.

The more fans that are aware of Ashley and his band of crooks the better. If Shay's version of events affects Ashley's income by one pence or even just mildly irks him I'm happy. These books are vetted by solicitors so if Shay isn't telling the truth there would be grounds for libel or slander.

There's always three sides to every story yours, theirs and the truth.

As for OM it's always other people banging on about him isn't it ? I do believe someone's jealous.

I would believe Given over Llambias and Ashley any day of the week along with Mcfaul was the best keeper weve had in my time watching NUFC