Sharing favorite songs and dedicating them | Vital Football

Sharing favorite songs and dedicating them

DRAYTON GREEN

Vital Football Legend
Not football I know but as there is no sport to watch, I am increasingly listening to more and more music, which is a passion of mine anyway.
Can we all post links to our favourite songs that cheer us up maybe dedicate them to someone or something.
I will kick it off with a great song by one of my favourite lead singers dedicated to the Binners, especially their defence.

So there I was driving last week, one of my last trips out before isolation, and Cliff Richards The Young Ones came on. I got through the first verse as per the original just fine but the second came out totally different and totally opposite!!. When I got home I sat down and the rest of it came. Logic? The Young Ones are now old!!! So it was renamed to The Old Ones. The first verse is still the same. The first two lines of the second verse are:-
"The old ones, people we're the old ones,
And the old ones, don't give a rats"

Mmmmm I'll get my hat

Reactions: Rex
Not football I know but as there is no sport to watch, I am increasingly listening to more and more music, which is a passion of mine anyway.
Can we all post links to our favourite songs that cheer us up maybe dedicate them to someone or something.
I will kick it off with a great song by one of my favourite lead singers dedicated to the Binners, especially their defence.

listening to that song I have just remembered a Roger Daltry song that I used to love in the 70s . This is dedicated to Everyone who found someone

76. This is a time to look after our elderly and weaker relations and friends which makes is so hard to accept we cannot see or help them from close quarters.

I hope your Dad is ok and getting all the help he requires.

... and any excuse to play one of PF 's greatest tracks and describing the way I feel at this particular time.

This version selected as it shows how we all have to get together as did Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright ( RIP ) after many years to
play this again.

Last edited:
76. This is a time to look after our elderly and weaker relations and friends which makes is so hard to accept we cannot see or help them from close quarters.

I hope your Dad is ok and getting all the help he requires.
Thanks DG, yes its such a worry, i know im not the only one either, just worried if he catches covid that ill never see him again, i cant even phone him. Keep safe all of you.

Beat me to it DG. Brilliant, takes me back. I saw them live at Earl's Court in the 80s and was blown away.

Although I am in the 'At Risk' category, I certainly do not feel like it and wish I could help the properly vulnerable. Fortunately our country is full of wonderful wholly unselfish people who step up whenever there is a need.

Sadly, all too often their contribution is swamped by the selfish acts of the many fewer people who cannot understand the concept of altruism.

Well, here's to the unselfish many.

A great song and video YB. Have watched that particular one many times.

An avid fan of the Boss since 1975 when buying Born to Run just at start of sixth form and have to admit the terrible error of despite living in London for 12 years I did not get to see him live when there must have been concerts on my doorstep.
A huge regret.

I read his autobiography last year on holiday and it was like his music and concerts
in that he gives it everything he has. A brilliant read.

One of my favourite songs from the 1960s . Dedicated to all us teenagers who were growing up in that incredible time !