Shamima Begum | Page 20 | Vital Football

Shamima Begum

I would, but I suspect he will have blocked me as well by now. He is now claiming that he only needs to read the first line of a post to decide that it is vile. Or that someone has committed the heinous crime of disagreeing with him.

All hail, King Cancel ! :rofl:
Your original post is shocking. As you well know, I've never called for anyone to be censored or banned on this site.

I've never cancelled anyone's right to speak. Bit of pot and kettle from you given your vile post. As Jerry said, a new low on this board. I have the right to say that.

You know my criticism isn't "cancel" unless you are rather dim.

I would, but I suspect he will have blocked me as well by now. He is now claiming that he only needs to read the first line of a post to decide that it is vile. Or that someone has committed the heinous crime of disagreeing with him.

All hail, King Cancel ! :rofl:

I read your post in full. I can confirm that whilst you made plain your hatred for this girl early on it was the last line that went way beyond acceptable to many folk.
I hope you look back and re-consider that suggesting playing football with a decapitated girls head was not your best moment.

Not my normal area of comment threads like these. First everyone needs to take the emotion out of it. The Supreme Court (which is no friend of the current Government) made a judgement purely based on law. I suspect that her lawyers will take it on to a higher international court (don't know who would be funding this).

Her main alleged offences were committed outside the UK so she should be tried in that country or in that region. If found not guilty then her citizenship should be reinstated and she should be repatriated to face any charges of alleged contravention of UK laws.

Not my normal area of comment threads like these. First everyone needs to take the emotion out of it. The Supreme Court (which is no friend of the current Government) made a judgement purely based on law. I suspect that her lawyers will take it on to a higher international court (don't know who would be funding this).

Her main alleged offences were committed outside the UK so she should be tried in that country or in that region. If found not guilty then her citizenship should be reinstated and she should be repatriated to face any charges of alleged contravention of UK laws.

Agreed, this is a matter of whether we believe in the rule of equality before the law. It is bigger than our opinion of the person or their crime.

anglo saxon law and magna carta have been the basis of our law and we should be careful when trying to usurp it through the court of knee jerk public opinion.

I read your post in full. I can confirm that whilst you made plain your hatred for this girl early on it was the last line that went way beyond acceptable to many folk.
I hope you look back and re-consider that suggesting playing football with a decapitated girls head was not your best moment.

You are probably right about that flippant part of my original post but as far as I have seen this "girl" has shown not one redeeming feature either in the past or now.

Everything about her behaviour has oozed hatred for a country that paid for her education and, if her appeal succeeds, will pay for her prison term or surveillance. Reminiscent of Abu Hamza who leeched benefits for years while preaching hate.

She has been complicit in the murder of innocent and defenceless aid workers - not soldiers - (was that her "best moment"?) so I stick by the opinion that if she wants to come back, protection is the last thing she should get. Then, whatever will be, will be, even if it is a taste of her own medicine.

Last edited:
Strange that. Wayne wished death on another poster on this board, I didn't.

WX mentioned death penalty and gallows in this thread. I suggested setting her free so she could take her own chances, and then only if she wanted to.

We are talking a piece of worthless scum who was supposedly easily brainwashed and groomed and yet received A grades at school and was "mature" enough to get straight on with breeding three times.

We are talking about a piece of worthless scum who watched beheadings and still does not describe them as wrong or horrific.

More importantly, the Supreme Court have ruled that she is a danger to National Security. Why exactly is that, if she is such a changed person?

If you want to be a bleeding heart liberal on her behalf, I suggest that you make that clear to the families of aid workers David Haines and Alan Henning. Would your opinion have been different if one of those had been your sibling?

Go ahead and report me if you wish. If the Fear seriously thinks that my comments are worse than those of WX and bans me, it will still have been worth it to express my loathing of that woman.

Well said 👍

Well said 👍

so you do not believe in the rule of law then?
Law of the battlefield is obviously different but treatment of prisoners and retrospective justice should be a norm.
this girl is a handy scapegoat for the government as it stops the rightful questioning of 'what is happening to the other 400' returnees.

anglo saxon law and magna carta have been the basis of our law and we should be careful when trying to usurp it through the court of knee jerk public opinion.

Yes , but Begum is a follower of Sharia Law , and chose to live under the backward islamic rules that the Koran dictates.

so you do not believe in the rule of law then?
Law of the battlefield is obviously different but treatment of prisoners and retrospective justice should be a norm.
this girl is a handy scapegoat for the government as it stops the rightful questioning of 'what is happening to the other 400' returnees.

ISIS never followed the law of the battlefield. Medics and aid workers were fair game to them. They didn't take many prisoners either - at least not for long.

You are right about the other 400 though. I can only think that they did not have the Bangladesh and Holland connections that Begum did, so they would have been stateless and we could not put together a case under international law to deny their return.

ISIS never followed the law of the battlefield. Medics and aid workers were fair game to them. They didn't take many prisoners either - at least not for long.

You are right about the other 400 though. I can only think that they did not have the Bangladesh and Holland connections that Begum did, so they would have been stateless and we could not put together a case under international law to deny their return.

how do you know that their cases were different? Thats the whole point, why dont we know!
If the government and media are using her as a diversion then its a major problem and you have fallen for it :)

Yes , but Begum is a follower of Sharia Law , and chose to live under the backward islamic rules that the Koran dictates.

english law is based on equality before the law irrelevant of what we think of the actions of the individual or their religious or political beliefs.

english law is based on equality before the law irrelevant of what we think of the actions of the individual or their religious or political beliefs.

Does English law (Anglo-Saxon/Magna Carta , as you put it) mean anything to a Bangladeshi who has signed up for sharia ?

Does English law (Anglo-Saxon/Magna Carta , as you put it) mean anything to a Bangladeshi who has signed up for sharia ?

its irrelevant what she thinks. Like everyone born in this country unfortunately she comes under that law and it is important that we follow it and enforce it. The subject or person is irrelevant the law is sovereign.

its the same as the freedom of speech aspect of those laws, we should all be protected by it irrelevant of whether we agree with or like the person saying it.

If a minor is groomed in this country then they are a victim and we hope the government is doing something about it.

when these children were being brainwashed by isis nothing was done by the uk government to stop it and nothing was done to stop anyone being indoctrinated and then travelling to the conflict.
instead of challenging the terrorists and isis western governments instead armed them.
When isis had 20000 followers in syria these groups were still being armed and funded. It was obvious to many and myself at the time that isis fascism needed to be mercilessly wiped off the face of the earth asap. Instead nothing was done apart from opposing the legal government of Syria.
This caused the bombing of civilians resulting in refugees running to Europe in genuine fear of their lives.

any comeback on our incompetent governments - of course not, the refugees became the enemy and this girl a deflection from their guilt.

Ironic to see the us now going back to interfering in syria this week.

I’m aware that the people’s champion Sleepy Joe has bombed Syria already.
Didn’t take long.

Tit for tat targeted strike on Iranians in Syria. Its the kind of proxy war that drags on forever.

This was probably in response to some bombing in Iraq that the Americans blamed on the Iranians (that the Iranianssaid was in response to something the US did). Expect outrage from Tehran, protests on the streets and in a few weeks a car bomb in Iraq. Its so regular its barely newsworthy.

I definitely agree she is our problem to deal with.

How I don't know.

I've always felt this was about the tories trying to look tough, they know it will appeal to many people in the UK. Our small sample of the UK population on this board illustrates that

The big question for us is why did three well educated 15 year old girls choose to leave everything in the UK to want to live in an Islamic state where there rights as women would be severely reduced. If they were groomed how do we stop that. If they weren't then why did the choose this path.

Meanwhile Patel can crow about how she is a tough home secretary and many, many people will put an X next to the tory candidate on the ballot paper.