Shamima Begum | Page 14 | Vital Football

Shamima Begum

Fair enough 58, not sure that my views can be described as tabloid stuff but I get what you're saying. Lancs puts it much better than I can but I suppose my colleagues and I look at things in a different way to "civvies". (No disrespect intended).
I've worked in the aftermath of some of the recent attacks and have also been involved in counter terrorism house searches at homes of suspects who have eventually been convicted and to see it all first hand makes it very real, compared to a very diluted news story on tv. I've seen what these people have planned (including specifically attacks against my immediate team mates) so suppose my views are slightly swayed by that.
It's never my intention to offend and I only started this thread up again because of the new information. I was just interested to hear if anyone had had a slight change of mind after knowing this information but, as always, things get a little heated.
Anyway, I think I've got the answer to the question, I am still surprised however, that so many are happy for the woman to live among us. Let's hope it doesn't bite us in the bum.

Fair enough nobby. I still wouldn't like the phrase "happy" for her to live amongst us. I'd say it's a regretable cost of a decent society compared to the alternative which may seem more attractive at first but is ultimately worse.

I would expect there are worse cases than this Begum that you have to contend with. She was clearly groomed.

As for sympathy for the task the police face and the danger they are in, without giving details, suffice to say that of all the posters on this board I am likely to one one those most concerned and supportive, for close family reasons.

Slightly off topic, but I have enormous sympathy for the security services at this present time.
Not only have hundreds returned from the IS killing fields but the rise of the far right in this country and in Europe in recent years is just adding to the burden in trying to keep this country safe.
Many plots are foiled and barely go unnoticed, on the other hand we hear 24/7 when bombs go off and people are killed or attacked, blame has to be put on someones shoulders, either the government, the security services, or the police, we just have to blame some organisation.
I believe they do a fantastic job with little praise, the media jump all over them when things go wrong but to be fair everyone cannot be watched every hour of the day and you can bet your life some will say their human rights are being violated.
No this is not stop and search more a watch and listen a long process, a tedious process but one that goes unnoticed in this country in an attempt to keep us all safe.

With the rapidly growing , stricter version of Islam flourishing in the UK , maybe its time to make an example of this particullarly , pathetic young woman.
She has witnessed/participated in acts that are obscene.
The fact that she wants to go to the UK and that so many support her wishes , speaks volumes about our national weakness

With the rapidly growing , stricter version of Islam flourishing in the UK , maybe its time to make an example of this particullarly , pathetic young woman.
The fact that she wants to go to the UK and that so many support her wishes , speaks volumes about our national weakness
It’s probably flourishing because the likes of you and 3x6 demonise all Muslims and out of that extremists are borne. I think even the Govt understands it can remove her citizenship legally.

It’s probably flourishing because the likes of you and 3x6 demonise all Muslims and out of that extremists are borne. I think even the Govt understands it can remove her citizenship legally.

Myself and VG are responsible for ISIS? That's a bit of a stretch of logic, even for you.

Glad you now understand re your second sentence.

Only someone with extreme far-right tendencies like yourself, someone like yourself who indirectly claimed that the NZ massacre was inevitable and will happen again would express those views. Thankfully, as you will see from the various posts in this thread, you are in a small minority. Extremist views from any quarter are not welcome. There are different opinions obviously regarding the treatment of the woman but only you express vile far-right opinions.

...maybe its time to make an example of this particullarly [sic], pathetic young woman.

The best way to make an example of her is by giving her a fair trial and giving her a tough sentence, if her guilt is proven.

You mention ‘young woman’. I remind you that she was a young girl at the time she left the UK. I know that you take a hardline view on the grooming of young white girls by Muslims... ...so I’d naturally assume that you’d take a similarly tough stance when Muslim girls are groomed.

Allegedly. Innocent until proven guilty in a UK court. Your comments might be true, but I’d rather not take evidence from the Express

I’m not sure that people ‘support her wishes’. It’s more about upholding British values of justice, fair hearing and due punishment for all british citizens... ...as opposed to ‘lynch mob mentality’ that Stephen TwatFace Lennon (or what ever his name is) promote.

You mention ‘young woman’. I remind you that she was a young girl at the time she left the UK. I know that you take a hardline view on the grooming of young white girls by Muslims... ...so I’d naturally assume that you’d take a similarly tough stance when Muslim girls are groomed.

What do you mean by "groomed"? Do you mean the person that taught her the Koran, took her to the mosque, made her wear a headscarf etc, or is religious education of a young child NOT grooming?

What do you mean by "groomed"? Do you mean the person that taught her the Koran, took her to the mosque, made her wear a headscarf etc, or is religious education of a young child NOT grooming?

Yawn. I can’t engage with your bigotry.

But I can tell you what I’m going to make for lunch: omelette with chicken, bacon, black olives and red pepper.

Have a nice day.

No different to being a Roman Catholic or child or child from a devout Hindu family, bigot

By the way, I’d run out of chicken so substituted it with sundried tomato; and the pepper was orange - not red.

Delicious.
So your original post was fake news Trashbat. Shame on you. :-)

I assume your other posts were in response to our racists who I've blocked. I actually feel sorry for the two of them in spite of the bile they spew. What a miserable existence they must have.

Ps-olives in an omlette? Not tried that one yet.

So your original post was fake news Trashbat. Shame on you. :-)

I assume your other posts were in response to our racists who I've blocked. I actually feel sorry for the two of them in spite of the bile they spew. What a miserable existence they must have.

Ps-olives in an omlette? Not tried that one yet.

Black sliced olives from a jar - the cheap ones. Highly recommended.