Shamima Begum | Page 22 | Vital Football

Shamima Begum

Ooooh, something tells me there are a few on here who will be a little riled by Sir Anish Kapoor's comments, but would that possibly be because he might just have a point?

In case you've not heard his comments, here they are:

Let us for one moment imagine that four young white school girls from Wiltshire were enticed to go to Syria and join IS.

Would they be seen as terrorists or victims of terrorists?

If they were complicit in the beheadings of innocent aid workers and were still saying that they are not sorry and do not regret anything, they would still be terrorists in my book.

However, we probably would not be able to wash of hands of them like Begum (if no connections to Bangladesh or Holland) and would have to take them back for trial.

NB: Wasn't there a white british woman that married a terrorist and became one of the leaders of a middle east terror organisation, ending up on a most wanted list?

If they were complicit in the beheadings of innocent aid workers and were still saying that they are not sorry and do not regret anything, they would still be terrorists in my book.

However, we probably would not be able to wash of hands of them like Begum (if no connections to Bangladesh or Holland) and would have to take them back for trial.

NB: Wasn't there a white british woman that married a terrorist and became one of the leaders of a middle east terror organisation, ending up on a most wanted list?

and if they were children groomed by a sex trafficking ring or cult and had not been adequately treated for their treatment during that period?

and if they were children groomed by a sex trafficking ring or cult and had not been adequately treated for their treatment during that period?

Depends what you class as a child. If you are referring to Begum she was 15 and according to her teachers above average intelligence.

In previous generations, my dad left school at 14 and started work. I was 16 years and 2 months old when I started.

The killers of Jamie Bulger were both 10 years old but they had to change their identities and are still reviled. At least it is not clear whether they show any contrition now they are much older which would put them one up on Begum in my book.

She was pictured with her two friends passing through a concourse just before they left Britain with not another person in sight so they could not have been taken against their will.

At some time, you have to take responsibility for your own life and actions.

Last edited:
Depends what you class as a child. If you are referring to Begum she was 15 and according to her teachers above average intelligence.

In previous generations, my dad left school at 14 and started work. I was 16 years and 2 months old when I started.

The killers of Jamie Bulger were both 10 years old but they had to change their identities and are still reviled. At least it is not clear whether they show any contrition now they are much older which would put them one up on Begum in my book.

At some time, you have to take responsibility for your own life and actions.

then why not worry more about the 400 that have returned and are amongst us You are following the narrative to divert us asking that question.

then why not worry more about the 400 that have returned and are amongst us You are following the narrative to divert us asking that question.

That is worrying and will be expensive surveillance-wise so I would rather not have had any of them back but unfortunately I presume we could not find a legal loophole to keep them out.

Unfortunately, you are talking about legality there, rather than justice. The more of them we can keep out, the better if they are as bad as Begum.

Kapoor`s entitled to say what he wants, of course but, when he compares Britain to 'Soviet Russia', he illustrates just how off the mark his sense of realism sits.

Just another narcissistic artist with media hanging on and printing his every word. As would happen in Soviet Russia - not ! Sir Anish sounds like a plonker.

Kapoor`s entitled to say what he wants, of course but, when he compares Britain to 'Soviet Russia', he illustrates just how off the mark his sense of realism sits.

Just another narcissistic artist with media hanging on and printing his every word. As would happen in Soviet Russia - not ! Sir Anish sounds like a plonker.

Indeed as when anyone ever describes britain as a "dictatorship",or the government as "far right" i do wonder what reality they live in, and are they aware what living under a dictatorship or far right leadership woyld be like?

why does anyone care at all. Scapegoat for the government so they dont have to tell you whats happened to the hundreds that have returned.

Sky news seem to care about sympathetically promoting her.

It would worry anyone , to know how many people have a (religious/cultural) hatred for our way of life.
Islamic terrorism is becoming 'normalised'