Sex Scandal Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sex Scandal Thread

Ted Heath, Leon Brittan. Disproven or covered up? Thatcher and Saville were very close and the rumours about Saville have been around for years. You'd think shed dissociate herself from him surely?

Problem with iPad so can only post small messages without it reloading. The interview was on TV, looked for it online, but couldn't find it.

upthevilla - 10/11/2017 20:46

Ted Heath, Leon Brittan. Disproven or covered up? Thatcher and Saville were very close and the rumours about Saville have been around for years. You'd think shed dissociate herself from him surely?

That's the thing though, it's easy to say disproven or covered up...if covered up and conspiracy was such a wonderful thing, people wouldn't have known fullstop.

Disassociate based on rumour and conjecture? Not likely, who would in reality - it's one thing saying you'd step back from somebody 'proven' but if you know somebody, have no proof to the opposite, you'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

And don't forget with Thatch, in many ways Saville with the charity work et al had a humanising effect for her publicly - it helped show her in a different light.

Similar of Trump, cosying up to the Clinton's whenever he could until Hillary was a threat to his ambition, he never had a bad word to say about Weinstein and sucked up to him as well for ages.

Did Trump know about him given Trump's own Miss World issues, or more likely just rumours, he's a good bloke in person and moreover he gets me into good parties that make me feel special.

upthevilla - 10/11/2017 20:49

Problem with iPad so can only post small messages without it reloading. The interview was on TV, looked for it online, but couldn't find it.

Appreciate the look, I'll try and google and come back to it another day - just interested to see what he said as that's a new one on me, as the only vague memory I've got is an interview denying as opposed to bragging.

upthevilla - 10/11/2017 20:37

mike_field - 10/11/2017 19:07

Sadly you seem to be seeing already disproven stories.

We've already been through this although I'm curious where Saville claimed to be untouchable 'over and over again'.

He said it in an interview. Knowing what he had done, just what influence must he have had, what secrets must he have known to think that if he was found out he would get away with it.
Not sure he ever said that in an interview in fact I'd be amazed if he did.Think you might be getting mixed with what he was alledged to have said to a few of his victims and how he used to brag to his pervy mates he was king Jimmy and untouchable.

mike_field - 10/11/2017 21:57

Appreciate the look, I'll try and google and come back to it another day - just interested to see what he said as that's a new one on me, as the only vague memory I've got is an interview denying as opposed to bragging.

I saw this interview just a couple of days ago, it's a Louis Theraux doc. The quote is taken out of context, he said that there had been accusations but the way he handles it he could get away with anything but does go on to say that all accusations are false. He certainly fooled Louis as Louis himself admits in a "revisited" style doc.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 10/11/2017 21:55

That's twice today that someones proof of innocence has been used as evidence of a cover up. Is nobody innocent, then?

Not if they smoke :17:

Cheers Northy, that'll help me track it down and I can make my own reading of it. Not seen Louis on anything with Saville that runs in my mind, although rewatched his cracker on Scientology the other day lol

I just looked it up, it's called Louis Theroux looking back on Jimmy Savile

Louis CK is taking a career break since nobody will touch him now. It will be interesting to see what happens now. Can he ever come back?

mike_field - 10/11/2017 19:55

BodyButter - 10/11/2017 12:47

What did Michael Fallon do? I had a quick look and the allegation seems to be that he tried to kiss someone and she ran away. Surely that can't be enough to force his resignation?

That's all I've spotted, so I can't help.

He is supposed to have touched her knee too :10:

Allegations surfacing about George Takei now....

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/george-takei-accused-groping-ex-model-1980s-article-1.3624884

:21:

BodyButter - 11/11/2017 02:35

Louis CK is taking a career break since nobody will touch him now. It will be interesting to see what happens now. Can he ever come back?

I've been a a huge fan of Louis for years, it's all a bit disappointing, although I had read some stuff about it a few years ago.

I think the reaction to it has been a bit OTT to be honest. People are acting like he raped and murdered a toddler. He has released a statement, admitted the allegations were true and apologised.

Yet, looking at the reactions from all these 2 bit celebrities on Twitter, that's not good enough. "I couldn't give a FUCK about his statement" etc. Apologies are worthless now it seems, as are giving people second chances. Is he in the same category as Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey etc? People are lumping all of them in the same boat.

I feel people are enjoying this all a bit too much in their own self-righteous smug way, posting their holier than thou tweets and statements, it's like a fucking crusade.

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 11/11/2017 14:08

I think the reaction to it has been a bit OTT to be honest. People are acting like he raped and murdered a toddler. He has released a statement, admitted the allegations were true and apologised.

Yet, looking at the reactions from all these 2 bit celebrities on Twitter, that's not good enough. "I couldn't give a FUCK about his statement" etc. Apologies are worthless now it seems, as are giving people second chances. Is he in the same category as Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey etc? People are lumping all of them in the same boat.

Totally agree SJH. Turning into a proper witch hunt.

Villan Of The North - 10/11/2017 21:09

mike_field - 10/11/2017 21:57

I saw this interview just a couple of days ago, it's a Louis Theraux doc. The quote is taken out of context, he said that there had been accusations but the way he handles it he could get away with anything but does go on to say that all accusations are false. He certainly fooled Louis as Louis himself admits in a "revisited" style doc.

It definitely wasn't a Louis Theroux interview.

Exposing those who have used their positions to intimidate others sexually isn't that bad a thing is it?

His statement - I don't know him btw - was frankly ridiculous. I was young, I didn't realise I was using my position of power to get my cock out.

The Fear - 11/11/2017 14:58

Exposing those who have used their positions to intimidate others sexually isn't that bad a thing is it?

His statement - I don't know him btw - was frankly ridiculous. I was young, I didn't realise I was using my position of power to get my cock out.

No, not at all. I'm not defending what he did because I'm a fan of his, it's a bit perverse to put it mildly, it's the overblown reaction to EVERY single new case that's presented. Today it's George Takei.

Do people like him and Louis deserve to be hung from the wall of shame beside far worse people like Weinstein? Not for me.

And yeah, his statement is....very him I suppose if you were familiar with him.

Again, not condoning or defending any of what's been coming out, but not getting swept away with the overly emotional reaction to a lot of it either.