Sex Scandal Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

Sex Scandal Thread

That's not disclosure material though Kef, if the defence didn't do background checks it falls on their heads and their only reproach as I understand it would be to declare she didn't get an adequate defence and she was misrepresented which means the defence would have to disbar itself lol

Yes I get you! However they may never have reported it only choosing to bring it to light now. Its a mess for sure

Yes I get you! However they may never have reported it only choosing to bring it to light now. Its a mess for sure

Again though, if the question wasn't asked it falls on the defence still. If the Prosecution knew, it's not disclosure info again. It's a media mess for sure, but not one that should get her off UNLESS the juror lied under oath.

And from everything I've read, they haven't, and something like this would be massive immediately from a Court perspective and the only people making an issue of it are the defence. If the juror had lied, and the defence could show proof of this, I'd put money on the Judge reconvening an emergency session in Chambers the night that interview went live in the US as in a case this big, any Judge would be hopping mad that they'd been brought into disrepute and would forever be associated with such a shit storm.

The fact the defence are still publicly crying and not acting legally tells me they don't have a leg to stand on.

Again though, if the question wasn't asked it falls on the defence still. If the Prosecution knew, it's not disclosure info again. It's a media mess for sure, but not one that should get her off UNLESS the juror lied under oath.

And from everything I've read, they haven't, and something like this would be massive immediately from a Court perspective and the only people making an issue of it are the defence. If the juror had lied, and the defence could show proof of this, I'd put money on the Judge reconvening an emergency session in Chambers the night that interview went live in the US as in a case this big, any Judge would be hopping mad that they'd been brought into disrepute and would forever be associated with such a shit storm.

The fact the defence are still publicly crying and not acting legally tells me they don't have a leg to stand on.

It surprised me that it was the prosecution who spoke out first saying they had tried to contact the defence so they didn't seem to know

I know they are going for a mistrial so we will have to wait and see

It's being reported that Andy has come to an out of court settlement by making a substantial donation to Giuffre's charity.

Wonder if it is just to her charity, or also to her?

You don't settle out of court like this, unless you don't want questions being asked do you?

If that was me being accused, I'd want my moment in court to clear my name, not pay it off.

Not sure I have much time for her either, now she's settled for finance rather than justice.

Wonder if it is just to her charity, or also to her?

You don't settle out of court like this, unless you don't want questions being asked do you?

If that was me being accused, I'd want my moment in court to clear my name, not pay it off.

Not sure I have much time for her either, now she's settled for finance rather than justice.

Only a civil suit anyway wasn't it, I don't think she could privately criminally sue. For her the settling will allow her to say 'he settled, make your own minds up' without actually breaching what I imagine are the settlement terms.

I'm too tired to remember now lol

Only a civil suit anyway wasn't it, I don't think she could privately criminally sue. For her the settling will allow her to say 'he settled, make your own minds up' without actually breaching what I imagine are the settlement terms.

I'm too tired to remember now lol
It was said she wanted her day in court to expose him but instead it’s more of a shake down.

It was said she wanted her day in court to expose him but instead it’s more of a shake down.

I saw that as posturing from their side, in a way that Andy's 'I won't settle I will clear my name' wasn't. The story and evidence is known, settling says everything for me.

It seems The Queen and Charles ordered him to settle it out of court, with the Queen paying part of the compensation.

They want this swept under the carpet and out of the way.

Now its just Harry's book they to worry about. Word is that it will be highly critical of Camilla, unsurprisingly.

There is a concern it is going to rile the public up and undo all the work re Camilla however this bits for the Royals thread so to there on Harry I shall go