Sex Scandal Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

Sex Scandal Thread

Not exactly 'scandal' but here is as good a place as any to post this.

The New Yorker magazine has suspended one of its long-time staff writers, legal expert Jeffrey Toobin, while it investigates a report that he was allegedly masturbating during a Zoom work call earlier this month.

“I made an embarrassingly stupid mistake, believing I was off-camera,” Toobin said in a statement on Monday about the situation, first reported by Vice.

He added: “I apologize to my wife, family, friends and co-workers. I thought I had muted the Zoom video, I thought no one on the Zoom call could see me.”
He has so far declined to confirm details.

:lol: :loser:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/oct/19/jeffrey-toobin-zoom-call-new-yorker-suspended

Not exactly 'scandal' but here is as good a place as any to post this.

The New Yorker magazine has suspended one of its long-time staff writers, legal expert Jeffrey Toobin, while it investigates a report that he was allegedly masturbating during a Zoom work call earlier this month.

“I made an embarrassingly stupid mistake, believing I was off-camera,” Toobin said in a statement on Monday about the situation, first reported by Vice.

He added: “I apologize to my wife, family, friends and co-workers. I thought I had muted the Zoom video, I thought no one on the Zoom call could see me.”
He has so far declined to confirm details.

:lol: :loser:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/oct/19/jeffrey-toobin-zoom-call-new-yorker-suspended

What a w****r.

Weinstein Co to pay out $17m over sexual abuse claims as part of liquidation.

A US bankruptcy court judge has approved the Weinstein Co’s liquidation plan, which sets aside $17m for women who accused co-founder Harvey Weinstein of sexual misconduct.

Judge Mary Walrath, presiding over a remote hearing from Wilmington, Delaware, overruled an objection from a handful of women who have been looking to pursue appeals of their claims outside the bankruptcy court.

She noted that 83% of sexual misconduct claimants in the bankruptcy “have expressed very loudly that they want closure through acceptance of this plan, that they do not seek to have to go through any further litigation in order to receive some recovery, some possible recompense ... although it’s clear that money will never give them that.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...er-sexual-abuse-claims-as-part-of-liquidation

The way British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell is being treated in a New York jail is "degrading" and "amounts to torture", her brother has told the BBC.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56344553

200w.gif

I'm sure we all share his "heartbreak" at this intolerable state of affairs.

Ghislaine Maxwell’s lawyer said he is “heartbroken” after she was denied bail for the fourth time by a US court following claims that she is suffering sleep loss and is being “intimidated” by jail guards.

The ruling came after her attorney said in court on Monday that Ms Maxwell is kept awake at night by guards to ensure that she does not die in jail like Epstein.

Mr Markus argued that Ms Maxwell keeps a sock or towel over her eyes to block the torchlight that is shone into her cell every 15 minutes, making her sleep-deprived and prevents her from preparing for trial.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...laine-maxwell-denied-bail-trail-b1838696.html

I'm sure we all share his "heartbreak" at this intolerable state of affairs.

Ghislaine Maxwell’s lawyer said he is “heartbroken” after she was denied bail for the fourth time by a US court following claims that she is suffering sleep loss and is being “intimidated” by jail guards.

The ruling came after her attorney said in court on Monday that Ms Maxwell is kept awake at night by guards to ensure that she does not die in jail like Epstein.

Mr Markus argued that Ms Maxwell keeps a sock or towel over her eyes to block the torchlight that is shone into her cell every 15 minutes, making her sleep-deprived and prevents her from preparing for trial.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...laine-maxwell-denied-bail-trail-b1838696.html

I'm not normally one for old testament punishments but I'd happily see Ghislaine tortured to within an inch of her life every day for the rest of her natural.

Heard about that earlier. Hope it's not true and I've always quite liked him and always thought it was only a matter of time before he hit big. Just don't know these days do you.

Read that article and subsequent corroboration from others online. It seems fairly well documented by a large number of people, let’s see how it plays out.

What a shame, if true, and when you say if true, with 20 odd people saying it... well. Vile the way people are bullied in that industry.

Not that I particularly care for him but innocent until proven guilty and all. Even if he is innocent his career is probably over on the basis of the allegations.

Not that I particularly care for him but innocent until proven guilty and all. Even if he is innocent his career is probably over on the basis of the allegations.

Was it Dave Jones? Promising manager that had his career ruined by false rape allegations?

Was it Dave Jones? Promising manager that had his career ruined by false rape allegations?

Women who make up false rape allegations should be imprisoned (where it’s completely false and nothing happened).

Obviously most of these cases will be where something happened and it’s determining whether that was illegal or not.

Last edited:
Interesting situation developing. People rightly say innocent until proven. However, we have had a number of recent trials where people were ostensibly innocent till proven, but everyone said they were guilty , is it because he’s more popular?

Interesting situation developing. People rightly say innocent until proven. However, we have had a number of recent trials where people were ostensibly innocent till proven, but everyone said they were guilty , is it because he’s more popular?

For some no doubt the 'popularity' will come into play, but thinking about more recent ones, Clarke's back story has a different reading to it, writing, producing, directing his own stuff to help get him into the position where he was better noticed - similar to Simon Pegg.

Again compared to others, they had rumblings in the background even if nothing had been proven, but I've never caught a sniff here and despite his age, Clarke has been around for quite a while - and certainly long enough now to see how things have changed, so that'd be even more disappointing really.

The Guardian piece is certainly detailed (more than is usual in some ways) but from what I remember reading last night, I could see his counterpoint to most, if not all, of the claims (albeit not necessarily the bullying side) being just as plausible, even if he had to admit misreading a situation, banter gone wrong and being a bit of a dick, so it'll be interesting to see if this stays as a newspaper report or turns into something more with investigations.

His latest prog on TV has been pulled today as well, so this is going to run for a bit.