Several youngsters in the squad tonight. | Vital Football

Several youngsters in the squad tonight.

GRSGimmer

Vital Squad Member
According to SE due to a few injuries to our senior players. I think we should just call the match off - after all Bolton can do it.

in all seriousness this will be interesting. I think he's suggesting Woods and Tucker however he may mean more. I think he's cutting his nose off a bit if he doesn't use Oldaker and Garmston on the bench if we are struggling with niggles. They are still paid so why not use them? its clear he doesn't rate them or want them but they are still professional sportsman available for selection and can, if necessary do a job.

in all seriousness this will be interesting. I think he's suggesting Woods and Tucker however he may mean more. I think he's cutting his nose off a bit if he doesn't use Oldaker and Garmston on the bench if we are struggling with niggles. They are still paid so why not use them? its clear he doesn't rate them or want them but they are still professional sportsman available for selection and can, if necessary do a job.
With the transfer deadline getting everything closer .Using players he is desperate to get rid of could be a big own goal.I would expect anyone who is not in the management plan going forward to be out of the squad.That could include one or more players who are said to be (injuried).But that of course is pure speculation.

He doesn’t seem to be counting Oldaker, Stevenson or Garmston when talking about the squad. He’d rather include the likes of Woods, Allen and Tucker than those 3.

I doubt it's Barry fuller who's a doubt, and that is where Garmston plays, so I don't expect him to be in squad

Its highly likely Willock will not start, NdJoli is banned tonight, RCC has been carrying an injury, maybe that's flared up and Cisse and O'Keefe didn't play last Tuesday for one reason or another. Maybe they aren't fully fit either.

Last edited:
He doesn’t seem to be counting Oldaker, Stevenson or Garmston when talking about the squad. He’d rather include the likes of Woods, Allen and Tucker than those 3.
When did Garmston go into the list of unwanted squad members? I knew about the other two. I thought he was just dropped.

When did Garmston go into the list of unwanted squad members? I knew about the other two. I thought he was just dropped.
Garmston hasn't been in either of the last 2 matchday squads and as there has been no mention of injury,it seems safe to assume he's surplus to requirements

Would be satisfied with a clean sheet tonight. My other team CSKA lost last night in local derby v Spartak Moscow and girlfriend really down so a miraculous win would cheer us both up.