Sess looks for fresh start, Parker 'Very Good'! | Vital Football

Sess looks for fresh start, Parker 'Very Good'!

Spursex

Alert Team
Ryan Sessegnon has backed Scott Parker for the Tottenham manager’s job.

Reports suggest Fulham boss Parker is a contender to take over following the recent sacking of Jose Mourinho.

Parker is highly thought of at the north London club from his time there as a player and coach.

And Sessegnon, who was at Fulham with Parker prior to the youngster’s move to Spurs, is a huge admirer of the former England midfielder.

“That would be very good!” Sessegnon said in an interview with Talksport when asked about reports Parker could get the Tottenham job.

He added: “Everyone knows the relationship I have with Scott. He’s a top guy, top man and a top coach. He’s just an all-round great guy.

“I played with him in his last season I think in professional football and my first. He’s someone that has obviously always believed in me as well.

“They [Fulham] have got fantastic results against some of the big teams where other teams wouldn’t have thought they would get those type of points. Scott has got them playing the right type of football; that’s what I admire about him.”

Sessegnon has been on loan at German club Hoffenheim, having so far been unable to establish himself as a first-team player at Spurs.

He hopes the change of manager will result in him being given a chance to shine.

Sessegnon said: “In some ways, I haven’t even really got going at Spurs. It’s been stop-start since I’ve been there.

“It’s a fresh start for me to go back and show what I can do.”

The real work for him is figuring out what he is. It looks like he is edging back towards LB/LWB and LWB suits him so I hope he really focuses on his positioning, strength in possession and his final pass/crossing. He has the potential and natural ability but his drive, confidence and attitude are still too weak. If he had half the self-belief of Aurier and the same fighting attitude of Davies he would be unstoppable.

When I previously watched Ryan for us, what was clear was that he was mostly getting much less credit than he deserved. He did mostly defend well and he did definitely retain possession well. He didn't seem to trust his body and go full pelt though and wasn't encouraged in Jose's setup to take players on, especially on the outside. Then there were times when he did look a little out of his depth, especially against Bayern.

We definitely need to clear our heads from the old Sess, and wait to see what he brings to the table. It's not as if he's been playing in the Scotish Prem. He's been playing in a tough league and had to fight for his shirt every week.

It is so much more logical to have 2 similar full-backs so you can interchange easily. It's not as if Davies has been pulling up trees either.

I also beleive that this is the first time the brothers have played apart for an extended period of time. As the father of twins, I can assure you that this is a very very very big deal.

A push to bring both to Spurs was in the works a couple seasons ago, anyone know how Zeze is faring these days?

I'm excited to see Ryan return. Under the right type of setup, a right flank with Reggie & Ryan would be pretty damn exciting methinks.

I also beleive that this is the first time the brothers have played apart for an extended period of time. As the father of twins, I can assure you that this is a very very very big deal.

A push to bring both to Spurs was in the works a couple seasons ago, anyone know how Zeze is faring these days?

I'm excited to see Ryan return. Under the right type of setup, a right flank with Reggie & Ryan would be pretty damn exciting methinks.

he's looking all over a lower league player, pulling up no trees at Bristol and last I heard failing to impress. IN fairness he's at a team that's struggling.

This is why I think someone like Parker, Potter, ten Hag or even Mason would be great for a lot of players at the club as they would help players who are still developing actually make that next step. Not continuing to do this ended up being Poch's downfall and it remains to be seen if Mourinho has helped any of our developing players.

Properly helping developing players hit their potential has been our biggest reason for climbing the table and reaching the CL final. Lennon, Bale, Walker, Rose, Huddlestone, Dele, Dier, Kane, Winks all complimented with other quality (but slightly raw) signings like Modric, Son, Eriksen etc.

We need to stop trying to compete with the money-bags clubs and be more aggressive with bringing top quality youth players through and signing younger, raw talents that are ready to take the next big step. Intersperse all of that with some experienced players and the odd quality signing and we will be more like the Tottenham I love.

This is why I think someone like Parker, Potter, ten Hag or even Mason would be great for a lot of players at the club as they would help players who are still developing actually make that next step. Not continuing to do this ended up being Poch's downfall and it remains to be seen if Mourinho has helped any of our developing players.

Properly helping developing players hit their potential has been our biggest reason for climbing the table and reaching the CL final. Lennon, Bale, Walker, Rose, Huddlestone, Dele, Dier, Kane, Winks all complimented with other quality (but slightly raw) signings like Modric, Son, Eriksen etc.

We need to stop trying to compete with the money-bags clubs and be more aggressive with bringing top quality youth players through and signing younger, raw talents that are ready to take the next big step. Intersperse all of that with some experienced players and the odd quality signing and we will be more like the Tottenham I love.
So true Matic.
Mix raw, want to prove, skilled nippers with though still raw but more exp signings, adding that to 1 or 2 quality players, is the way to go, it will in the end breed success.
Here's hoping!