Service Veterans (N/G) | Vital Football

Service Veterans (N/G)

Good stuff , and I'm pretty confident the govt will increase the recognition that ALL our services deserve.
Personally , I would like to see the criminalization of people wearing medals they haven't earned*

*Excepting widows etc.

Good stuff , and I'm pretty confident the govt will increase the recognition that ALL our services deserve.
Personally , I would like to see the criminalization of people wearing medals they haven't earned*

*Excepting widows etc.
Very much so. Especially in today's environment where life changing work place injuries are survivable compared to years back. These fantasisits have no comprehension of what their mocking in their delusion.
I wear my aunts medals with huge pride as the work she did eventually caused her PTSD which was undiagnosed. She lead a very haunted solitary life until her death.

I would qualify but prefer the car especially as my last trip on a train to Blackpool was a disaster arriving when the match had just finished, what possessed me to continue from Preston when I knew it would be all over I will never know but other than parking up outside London and using the underground, (Upminster -Upton Park) as an example for London fixtures, I would sooner take my chances on the M25, (the Dartford Tunnel -outbound) being a challenge in itself.
I can remember many years ago members of the military getting in for free at some grounds when in Uniform, at a time when seeing men and women travelling and walking the streets dressed in military attire was a common sight.

I would qualify but prefer the car especially as my last trip on a train to Blackpool was a disaster arriving when the match had just finished, what possessed me to continue from Preston when I knew it would be all over I will never know but other than parking up outside London and using the underground, (Upminster -Upton Park) as an example for London fixtures, I would sooner take my chances on the M25, (the Dartford Tunnel -outbound) being a challenge in itself.
I can remember many years ago members of the military getting in for free at some grounds when in Uniform, at a time when seeing men and women travelling and walking the streets dressed in military attire was a common sight.

Prior to the Virus, a direct service from Blackpool to Euston was being re-introduced - no need to change at Preston. Virgin`s was a good and pretty reliable service. The current mob - Tranitalia haven`t been so good, but given time - which they now have, hopefully things will improve.

Having done both, albeit in reverse [not gear !] , many times, i`d far rather take the train than drive.

I use the WCML and ECML frequently and there is rarely a problem. Plus, it's much cheaper than doing with an old glimmers ticket. For example, one way Leeds - Kings X £17, Lancaster - Wolverhampton £12. with split ticketing you can do a round trip for £50 as opposed to the advertised price of typically £120