Sergio Regulion - Player Thread | Vital Football

Sergio Regulion - Player Thread

Spursex

Alert Team
Whilst all the comments and excitement is obviously about Bale; getting another attacking left footed player is actually exciting me just as much if not more.

He is an outstanding player and was instrumental in Sevilla winning the Europa last season.

Determination and a winning mentality

Reguilon has the pace, acceleration and all the technical skill of a top full-back, but most importantly of all, his mental attributes suit the profile of player that Mourinho wants. As repeatedly stressed on Amazon's All or Nothing documentary, Mourinho is keen for his players to act like "c**** for 90 minutes" in order to win matches and clearly likes a certain sort of determined character in the team.

Reguilon has already shown the mental fortitude to break through the Real Madrid youth academy and play in a first team populated by superstars, and exhausted himself battling until the end of the Europa League final against Inter Milan to secure the win, examples that place him on the light side of the Force (football edition). Crucially, his statistics in La Liga show that he's prepared to commit to the dark arts when needed.

A fouls conceded per 90 of 1.81 might not sound particularly high but it places him 23rd in the table last season, crammed around various centre-backs and midfielders whose sole job is to win the ball. It's not that he's nasty or clumsy but that he prevents dangerous situations from unfolding and this game intelligence could prove vital in tight matches for Spurs.

Supporters might be slightly more excited about the arrival of a certain other left-footed Real Madrid star but Reguilon is a superb signing who should quietly make Tottenham much better in all departments.

I give this signing an A- rating.

Only thing stopped it from A+ is the mystery of the buy-back/first-refusal clause. If it's more advantageous to RM than Spurs, as long as there's a 2 yr non-action window in the deal, I'd keep it at A-

I give this signing an A- rating.

Only thing stopped it from A+ is the mystery of the buy-back/first-refusal clause. If it's more advantageous to RM than Spurs, as long as there's a 2 yr non-action window in the deal, I'd keep it at A-

Yeah, this takes the shine off it for me as well. Isn't this a glorified loan move depending on Madrid deciding whether they want him back or not?

Yeah, this takes the shine off it for me as well. Isn't this a glorified loan move depending on Madrid deciding whether they want him back or not?

Yes, but Ferland Mendy is their regular LB. So if Reguilon surpasses the excellent Mendy and they wanted our LB back then let's swap :-)

Can't wait to see Reguilon in a Spurs shirt. I've been so fed up with our full-backs since Rose and Walker ruled the world.

Has this been completed?
As far as I know, parts of their medicals have been completed and both are due to take a private jet to London tomorrow. Not sure about what is left to finalise in their respective contract talks. So, about 90% done?

I never really believe it until I see them holding the Jersey in an official photo!