Sergi Samper | Vital Football

Sergi Samper

Not sure I'd quite call him another Jota. Jota is only 22, still very much finding his way in football. Samper is 26 now and will be almost 27 if we signed him early in January. Not sure what happened during his loan spells in Spain but clearly it didn't work out well for him as his market value crashed and eventually left Barca to go and join Kyogo's old team Vissel Kobe and join up with ex-Barcelona hero Andres Iniesta. From the footage I've seen it looks to have been a great move for him and he's playing well in Japan. Pretty sure if he was playing like that somewhere else around Europe his market value wouldn't be as low as £810k. His contract is up at the end of January so we could get him for almost nothing. Small compensation to his club to release him from his contract early.

He's the sort of midfielder we could do with, clearly a good range of passing but can drive forward with the ball too and can get himself out of trouble with good skill and dribbling ability. He's like another Marc Crosas (remember him?). Good shout on finding this one, I think it could be a good one.

Not sure I'd quite call him another Jota. Jota is only 22, still very much finding his way in football. Samper is 26 now and will be almost 27 if we signed him early in January. Not sure what happened during his loan spells in Spain but clearly it didn't work out well for him as his market value crashed and eventually left Barca to go and join Kyogo's old team Vissel Kobe and join up with ex-Barcelona hero Andres Iniesta. From the footage I've seen it looks to have been a great move for him and he's playing well in Japan. Pretty sure if he was playing like that somewhere else around Europe his market value wouldn't be as low as £810k. His contract is up at the end of January so we could get him for almost nothing. Small compensation to his club to release him from his contract early.

He's the sort of midfielder we could do with, clearly a good range of passing but can drive forward with the ball too and can get himself out of trouble with good skill and dribbling ability. He's like another Marc Crosas (remember him?). Good shout on finding this one, I think it could be a good one.

When I said another Jota, I meant a player needing to find a club where he can get settled and find his best form. I do remember Marc Crosas mate. He was a tidy player. Thank you

I'm not even sure he needs to find a club to match his style though. If he wants a move back to Europe then yes absolutely but he looks to be doing fine in Japan.
I always liked Crosas but I don't think he really fitted into our style at the time. Strachan would have been the manager at that point and wanted him to play more advanced but really he was always the playmaker in the deeper role. Because he wouldn't change to be more attacking, he didn't play that much and didn't achieve what he was capable of.

Latest Celtic News