Serge | Page 2 | Vital Football

Serge

Go says "about lack of heart/effort = lack of conviction"
EX says "we do not look like a band of brothers"
Greavsie's one line is spot on

So from just you three, and there are many more with the same conclusions, I will raise the questions....

Do the players want to play for him?
Do the players dislike the way they are asked to play?
Do the players also dislike the way some of their comrade's have been/being treated?

Basically has JM lost the changing room?

No matter, something is most certainly wrong, just look at the body language.

Has anyone else heard that the Aurier half time incident was with the captain, Lloris?

yes, supposedly, they were going at it in French and one was blaming the other for the soft goal - in fairness, I had it down to lloris being stuck to the spot too, I need to watch it again, but I'm too pissed off to do it now.

It was collectively all their faults. Rodon should cover, aurier shouldn’t let mane get free, dier and lloris should deal with the weak cross but both did nothing. Just useless brain fart switching off before half time. Then the ongoing argument means they weren’t switched on at start of 2nd half either and messed up again

yes, supposedly, they were going at it in French and one was blaming the other for the soft goal - in fairness, I had it down to lloris being stuck to the spot too, I need to watch it again, but I'm too pissed off to do it now.
So he ran off because of Hugo? not Jose?
Is that really true that he left? or just a nasty rumour. Cause if thats the case his days are counted.

I saw the following in this order:

1) Kane not shutting down making it so easy for Hendo to play the ball over the top to Mane
2) Dier and Davies not holding the line and dropping deeper than Rodon and Aurier OR defensive line too high. Pick one
3) Aurier left completely flat footed and lost 5 yards before he even tried to catch Mane up.
4) Aurier getting up to full sprint and then slowing down and giving up (again)
5) Dier very slow to get back in as well
6) Dier not picking the right angle to block. He should be trying to get Mane to play it behind him, not in that corridor between him and Lloris. Davies had made the run to block the ball going to Salah behind him.
7) Dier not even putting a stretch / Lloris not putting an intercepting dive in.

The biggest concern (not blame) for me is Dier. We know Aurier isn't up to the task and we know Lloris will soon be leaving the club at his advanced years. We may have Dier for the next 5 years. We've got so used to guys like Ledders and Toby just using heir sixth sense to cut these out that we miss that with Dier's radar not working the same. How many times have we just seen Toby deal with these?

muttley, you had to go and do it didn't you, mention Ledley, I bet he is doing his nut and pulling his hair out at that defending last night.

I have watched their first goal a few times now, and as an ex-ch, I still can't work out how the ball got through between two players, the gap was about max 3ft, gk's ball all day, or even a side foot stop by the defender, it has been doing my head in.

muttley, you had to go and do it didn't you, mention Ledley, I bet he is doing his nut and pulling his hair out at that defending last night.

I have watched their first goal a few times now, and as an ex-ch, I still can't work out how the ball got through between two players, the gap was about max 3ft, gk's ball all day, or even a side foot stop by the defender, it has been doing my head in.

So that's the first goal a bit of a freak but down to errors or poor play.
Second goal was a clear error by Lloris.
Third a clear error by Rodon.

We scored an excellent goal and had another chalked off for offside but it was still a well constructed goal. This is despite Kane being a passenger from 30 minutes and Jose getting the team selection and formation wrong.
So are we really so bad and mid table fodder ?

We scored an excellent goal and had another chalked off for offside but it was still a well constructed goal. This is despite Kane being a passenger from 30 minutes and Jose getting the team selection and formation wrong.

We are on our way to it mate!

Three defensive errors resulting in three goals makes us pretty bad. We may not be mid table fodder, but neither are we top table quality. Against quality teams it is all too apparent that we have too many mediocre players. That's the way it is though, expectations should be modified accordingly, we are not going to go out and win almost every game, and we're certainly not going to be scoring three or four goals very often.

Three defensive errors resulting in three goals makes us pretty bad. We may not be mid table fodder, but neither are we top table quality. Against quality teams it is all too apparent that we have too many mediocre players. That's the way it is though, expectations should be modified accordingly, we are not going to go out and win almost every game, and we're certainly not going to be scoring three or four goals very often.

There is absolutely no question that Liverpool are better than us. Many City are too. Probably Man Utd also. So realistically we are fighting for 4th spot. Its possible but Jose has to improve his decision making on selection and tactics. That is really easy for such an experienced coach.

Aurier was caught ball watching. He switched off at a crucial stage during the game... again!

Hugo didn't cover himself in glory either making a right pigs ear of a pretty straightforward save.

Rodon had a shocker. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistake. The lad was thrown in at the deep & he struggled big time. But this is a true test for the lad. Can he step up? Let's face it, he has pretty big boots to fill.

There is absolutely no question that Liverpool are better than us. Many City are too. Probably Man Utd also. So realistically we are fighting for 4th spot. Its possible but Jose has to improve his decision making on selection and tactics. That is really easy for such an experienced coach.

You can add Leics to that, and when Tuchel sorts them out the chavs too, Spam who we often underestimate are above us and have added some good players. S&J is right we are mediocre, and we see it almost every time we take to the pitch.

If so then he's as good as finished at the club.

There's a lot of difference between "went home" of his own accord and "sent home" though. For all we know, Serge's mental health has been suffering since his brother was murdered and this was a breaking point for him. Perhaps Jose intervened, decided he'd lost perspective and it was best for him to be withdrawn from the game and sent home. Jose or Hugo could have easily called him Friday to see if he was OK and told himself to get himself back to the training ground where he belongs with his football mates.

Clearly, this is the other extreme of what may have happened and he could be back in the team tomorrow. Nobody really knows outside of the club.