Serge Aurier - Player Thread | Vital Football

Serge Aurier - Player Thread

muttley

Alert Team
Couldn't help noticing Serge has been in the news for the wrong reasons this week.

How Sky reported the story....

"Tottenham defender Serge Aurier was arrested on suspicion of assault after police were called to his home in Hertfordshire on Saturday.
Aurier was taken into custody by police before being released without charge and missed Tottenham's 1-0 defeat by Manchester United on Sunday.
Hertfordshire Police say a 26-year-old man from Brookmans Park was arrested on suspicion of Actual Bodily Harm and has been released with no further action.
A spokesman for Tottenham said: "We are aware of an incident concerning Serge Aurier this weekend."
Aurier has scored four goals in 36 appearances for Spurs since joining from Pars Saint-Germain for £23m in August 2017."

Whilst it's clearly been stated that he's been released with no further action, it will be interesting to see how Poch reacts to his player in the coming days and weeks. He clearly stood by his captain, Lloris, backed him publicly and moved on quickly. I'm assuming we'll see the same on the football side but without any further public comment from the club.

Prick. No matter what the provocation, if he did hit her, he should have been charged.

However, the word already going around is that 'she feared he would' rather than did.

Prick. No matter what the provocation, if he did hit her, he should have been charged.

However, the word already going around is that 'she feared he would' rather than did.

Either way, the police clearly decided to get him out of there and in a cell for a few hours if you believe the story. That's the bit that doesn't read well for Serge in my opinion.

Maybe he watched that Trippier "highlights" video I posted.

All jokes aside this is the sort of thing I was worried about when we signed him. The club took a risk with his track record.

So anyone else see this? Appeared in the press over the weekend

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8393049/spurs-serge-aurier-girlfriend-sex-tape/

"THE girlfriend of Premier League star Serge Aurier is facing trial over an alleged sex tape blackmail plot. Fitness model Hencha Voigt, 31, is accused of threatening to reveal intimate photos and videos of US Snapchat star Julieanna Goddard unless she was paid £13,700. American Voigt, who has a child with £23million Tottenham defender Aurier, 26, is due to stand trial in the US this month.

The Sun previously revealed he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting her last month on the eve of a crucial match.

Now we can disclose she is charged with extortion. She is accused of conspiring with ex-boyfriend Wesley Victor, 35, to blackmail Goddard, 28 — who has 550,000 Instagram followers under the name YesJulz. Voigt, a TV personality who was in short-lived US reality show Wags Miami, is said to have embarked on the sextortion scheme in 2016.

A Miami Beach police arrest report, obtained by The Sun, alleges she and Victor demanded $18,000 (£13,700) to get rid of the sex tape. It says: “The victim was given a 24-hour deadline to pay the money.” Goddard is said to have contacted police about the plot and organised a fake meet-up with Voigt and Victor.

Cops found the pair sat in a car allegedly awaiting the meeting. Both plead not guilty. Voigt claims she was only “trying to help” as she too once had a sex tape leaked. But authorities cracked into her mobile phone with the help of the FBI and analysis allegedly showed she had tried to delete incriminating messages between her and Victor.

One text he is said to have written said: “We on some Bonnie Clyde s***.”

The sex tape was released online after their arrest.

Ivory Coast international Aurier was held on suspicion of assaulting Voigt on January 12, the night before his team’s 1-0 Man United home defeat, which he did not play in. The player, who lives in Hertfordshire with Voigt and their young daughter, vehemently denied assault and was released without charge."

Makes you wonder whether Aurier will ever get his head free of these distractions and put some form and fitness together. He surely has to be close to the departure lounge 2 years after he signed.

KWP must be holding is head in disbelief with the lack of chances he is getting considering we have 2 clowns for RB's.

Getting pulled back to the bench after MOM performances only to be replaced by a dumbass who think he's Ronaldo and a nutjob with a self destruct mechanism.

And they say we are the club that promotes youth.

I was hoping we were going to overlook just how damn competent he was. He can be clever the backheel to release Foyth but it's the simple: mark properly, maintain the right distances, focus side, that elude him. He played well. I'd keep him over Trippier because Tripps just lacks the requisite physicality to do what we need.

At times against Dortmund Foyth was the RB and Aurier was way further up in a RM position. It was like how you would expect them to play in a 4-4-2 system. Does make me wonder whether Foyth is another genuine option at RB.

Foyth has stopped diving in and works harder to adjust his position so that he doesn't go to ground so easier - his reading of the game, body movement and pressing was outstanding for the most part as the game moved on.

he may have to just concentrate a little harder on his attempts at long cross field balls, but i was so impressed with him.

Personally, I still remain convinced there is a great defensive midfielder waiting to emerge with him, but suspect Poch knows best!

Don't be surprised if we actually let Tripps go in the summer.

Would love for it to happen as it would create funds for other transfer, but I don't believe it will as he seems to be Poch's favourite.

Not that I think that Aurier is a good option - I'd sell him too in a heartbeat - but 3 RBs are too much.