Serge Aurier | Page 8 | Vital Football

Serge Aurier

Real Deal - 6/3/2018 12:57

Spursex - 6/3/2018 12:07

Real Deal - 6/3/2018 09:54

Spursex - 6/3/2018 08:44

Real Deal - 6/3/2018 08:05

Topspur1 - 27/2/2018 12:59

Same old same same old!! Writing players off at a drop of the hat, glad to see nothing has changed.
At some point half the team has been written off by a lot of the football experts on this forum, lets look at the current squad.
Dembele was probably the first of the current squad the a good few were saying we should get rid off.
Next was Jan, he had a great first season but his next two were average. Again the summer before Toby joined many were saying we should sell.
Harry Kane was a championship player at best some were saying.
Son was written off before the start of last season.
At some point in both Walker and Rose career many were saying we should move them on, for me that attitude stinks of laziness and lack of foresight. It makes far more sense in my opinion to try iron out weaknesses in their game, chopping and changing players every season only holds us back.

Or maybe just some people are just stating an opinion on what they are currently seeing? Or some people might have watched a player for a long period of time not just with us.

Or they're typically impatient and have no idea what they're talking about..

:17: :19: :15: :15:

Something your used to then. :5:

You mean 'you're' - you big poof!

Opps, I mean you fitness coach you... :10:

All good 'your' end?

Predictive text..... :10:

Business going well. Hence why I'm rarely on here these days.

How's things with you?

Probably as much as you would expect; dealing with it all now; not easy. Life changing experience - re-evaluating everything at mo - but able to attend most games now and have agreed to do some scouting part time for an academy - which is early days, but enjoying it - it's about to fill in a lot of time.

Back in gym which is f----kig hard lol! (you must get fed up with that whinge!)..but giving it my best etc.

You know how to contact me - speak soon.

Real Deal - 6/3/2018 12:57

Spursex - 6/3/2018 12:07

Real Deal - 6/3/2018 09:54

Spursex - 6/3/2018 08:44

Real Deal - 6/3/2018 08:05

Topspur1 - 27/2/2018 12:59

Same old same same old!! Writing players off at a drop of the hat, glad to see nothing has changed.
At some point half the team has been written off by a lot of the football experts on this forum, lets look at the current squad.
Dembele was probably the first of the current squad the a good few were saying we should get rid off.
Next was Jan, he had a great first season but his next two were average. Again the summer before Toby joined many were saying we should sell.
Harry Kane was a championship player at best some were saying.
Son was written off before the start of last season.
At some point in both Walker and Rose career many were saying we should move them on, for me that attitude stinks of laziness and lack of foresight. It makes far more sense in my opinion to try iron out weaknesses in their game, chopping and changing players every season only holds us back.

Or maybe just some people are just stating an opinion on what they are currently seeing? Or some people might have watched a player for a long period of time not just with us.

Or they're typically impatient and have no idea what they're talking about..

:17: :19: :15: :15:

Something your used to then. :5:

You mean 'you're' - you big poof!

Opps, I mean you fitness coach you... :10:

All good 'your' end?

Predictive text..... :10:

Business going well. Hence why I'm rarely on here these days.

How's things with you?

Good hearing from you again RD, been a while for me as well! But trying hard to get back into posting on this site. I don't get the games anymore on TV (stupid saving money idea), so I have to live through this forum during matches...that keeps things interesting.

Real Deal - 7/3/2018 08:05

I'll talk to you soon EX.

Yep good to see you USA. Nice to see an old face.

When you do - I'll expect a free rehab and conditioning program from you - I've got six weeks to get 'beach body' ready lol! before my trip to the Caribbean...aarghhhhh!

:10: :54:

Somewhere between Sissoko's almost debilitating humility, and Aurier's astonishingly brash idiocy, there is a balance.

Serge looks like a bad deal right now. Shouldn't risk playing him anymore. Tripps is miles ahead of him.

Prolly should just sell him and let KWP play there

Somewhere between Sissoko's almost debilitating humility, and Aurier's astonishingly brash idiocy, there is a balance.

Serge looks like a bad deal right now. Shouldn't risk playing him anymore. Tripps is miles ahead of him.

Prolly should just sell him and let KWP play there

I was up for us signing Aurier, he looked really good for PSG when I'd seen him, and had a rep for being one of the best RBs in Europe.

Now I couldn't agree with you more. I hope for better next season, but KWP doesn't deserve to be below him in the pecking order when you compare their performances for us.

Aurier has and will cost us points. He is a booking waiting to happen every time he plays. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our penalty area. Another really poor signing.

Aurier has and will cost us points. He is a booking waiting to happen every time he plays. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our penalty area. Another really poor signing.

Next season will show us, but I think you're competely wrong. He has everything to be a top class wing back. New country, no preseason, trying too hard, all has an effect.

I hope you are right, but I think he will be gone before you know it. Poch will eventually admit he is a liability in my opinion.

As has already been said, time will now tell - but the one thing we should have learned by now is not to judge a player in his first season when he's been shipped in from abroad..

Easily...it's what they'll be sorting out with him right now.

can you coach madness out of someone? Adebayor, Barton and Balotelli show there can be short term results with the right man management - but eventually nutcases will be nutcases. That said Ekotto was a bit of a nutter and Redknapp got him playing quite consistently and only occasionally giving us heart attacks. Hopefully Poch can do the same with Aurier because he actually has a lot of the skillset to be one of the best RBs in the league.

He is clearly a loose cannon. But he has a real dumb side to his game. Can you teach that out of someone? He reminds me of Kaboul with Roid rage.

Lol! Spot on again RD

Good description. If Pochettino can rein this guy in and turn him into a great player then MP will certainly go up in my estimation. Although I am not really interested in becoming a version of the Bad News Bears.

The guy obviously has talent but,as someone posted earlier,maybe he tries too hard. Still think he's miles better than Trippier,who is average at best,KWP has been good when selected so don't know why he's not playing more,which is strange considering Pochs youth policy.