Serge Aurier | Page 10 | Vital Football

Serge Aurier

Had we loaned Yedlin instead of selling him we would have had the best up and coming RB around, he had a cracking season and would have saved us the 23 million we spent.

To me, his transfer was as bad as Sissoko coming in. The toons took Poch to the cleaners that window.

I would say I thought at times Walker was maybe "dim", Serge seems more "malfunctioning".

Dim can learn, broken doesn't instill hope.

You're being generous with Walker, too generous.

He cost City the FA cup, had 2 goals on his name vs Pool in the CL first leg, and almost cost city the Carabao cup less than 10 minutes after he came on vs Leicester(gave away a pen and match ended on penalties).

To me that is the definition of braindead.

Had we loaned Yedlin instead of selling him we would have had the best up and coming RB around, he had a cracking season and would have saved us the 23 million we spent.

To me, his transfer was as bad as Sissoko coming in. The toons took Poch to the cleaners that window.

Just as a side note because nobody has mentioned it. Did anyone note Sissoko covering at RB towards the end of the toon game. He sprinted at full throttle and tackled their left winger who I think was pretty quick.

You're being generous with Walker, too generous.

He cost City the FA cup, had 2 goals on his name vs Pool in the CL first leg, and almost cost city the Carabao cup less than 10 minutes after he came on vs Leicester(gave away a pen and match ended on penalties).

To me that is the definition of braindead.

Oh I wasn't defending Walker's intelligence, I was just pointing out I think their deficiencies are rooted in different causes. Walker did get better, I don't think Serge can get out his own way within his mind.

I still think we need a better player in that spot regardless.

Just as a side note because nobody has mentioned it. Did anyone note Sissoko covering at RB towards the end of the toon game. He sprinted at full throttle and tackled their left winger who I think was pretty quick.

NRD - As for the incident you mentioned, I believe it was after Wanyama and Trips had left the field and Toby was RB and Rose in centre mid. I vaguely remember it but was behind the other goal.

Not sure anyone has a problem with the effort Sissoko puts into each game. I would rather he just focused on nullifying Diame and Shelvey and letting players like Eriksen win the game. He doesn't though and I'm wondering whether it's him doing his own thing or instructions from Poch when he spend most of the game up the right wing. Either way, it's not working and one of the few reasons we've lost our mojo recently.

Agree on both points.

Our system craves wing backs yet we barley play with them. Still baffles me.