Semple leaves | Vital Football

Semple leaves

Strange decision LCB's are a rareity at BDTBL. Surely a loan like Tyler Smith in League 1 to assess his ability to step up would have been a better option. As he's gone north of the border we are hardly likely to pick up much money from a sell on as if he's any good. Rangers or Celtic usually hoover up Scottish clubs talent before all else and then sell them on down South for a good fee.

Strange decision LCB's are a rareity at BDTBL. Surely a loan like Tyler Smith in League 1 to assess his ability to step up would have been a better option. As he's gone north of the border we are hardly likely to pick up much money from a sell on as if he's any good. Rangers or Celtic usually hoover up Scottish clubs talent before all else and then sell them on down South for a good fee.
I have never seen the lad play but many on here seem to rate him as a genuine prospect. What i do know is that we have no money and ideally Wilder wants another loan in. Without investment he probably needs to generate some funds to allow this to happen.
I don't know what scares me the most in March, Brexit or the Chuckles court case.

I have never seen the lad play but many on here seem to rate him as a genuine prospect. What i do know is that we have no money and ideally Wilder wants another loan in. Without investment he probably needs to generate some funds to allow this to happen.
I don't know what scares me the most in March, Brexit or the Chuckles court case.

Unfortunately the court case is in May BfL. Can't think that Callum would have made us enough coin to make a difference to the transfer kitty either. I second Bully. There'll be a reason, but on the surface its baffling.

The reason is that injury he suffered has hampered his progress and United don’t see him being able to reach the standard they require,is my best guess.

Football is a cruel and at times heartless business,all the best in the future Callum,there but for the grace of God and all that

The reason is that injury he suffered has hampered his progress and United don’t see him being able to reach the standard they require,is my best guess.

Football is a cruel and at times heartless business,all the best in the future Callum,there but for the grace of God and all that
absolutely baffled by this decision fantastic prospect if he cant come through our academy and not get a look in i fear no young player is going to very very dissapointed with this news ???

Rather disappointed with this. I had high hopes for this lad, but to be honest, haven't really seen much of him after his injury, so am not going to pass judgement on the widom or otherwise of this move. I hope he does well though. Have Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus or PSG ever signed anyone from Ross County?

So it now appears our next big hope is Tyler Smith. Rod and I always said he had pace and an eye for goal, but needed to bulk up a bit (though not at the expense of speed) as he appeared rather lightweight.
Having seen the video of his 2nd goal celebration on Saturday, it appears that he has done just that. Fingers crossed!

this decision must mean that chris rates kean bryan more than callum semple i dont !!
Not havin a go at ya owd lad,bur how many times have ya seen either Bryan or Semple play? Callum did look promisin pre injury but like Bigglenaldo has said i aint seen owt of him since his injury.I'm a little suprised by him leavin on a permanent deal but i have to say i'm not devastated by Callum goin either but i certainly wish him all the best for the rest of his career.UTCB

Not havin a go at ya owd lad,bur how many times have ya seen either Bryan or Semple play? Callum did look promisin pre injury but like Bigglenaldo has said i aint seen owt of him since his injury.I'm a little suprised by him leavin on a permanent deal but i have to say i'm not devastated by Callum goin either but i certainly wish him all the best for the rest of his career.UTCB
all abart opinions rod innit youve got yours ive got mine the messiah int right every time tha knows ?

all abart opinions rod innit youve got yours ive got mine the messiah int right every time tha knows ?
I asked how many times you'd seen both lads play mate nowt to do who's opinion's r8 or wrong,i was just interested to know how often you'd seen em play to mek the judgement one's better than tother that's all.I've seen Callum plenty of times before his injury but i honestly aint gor a clue which lad is better at this moment in time.Of course our Chris aint r8 all the time,he even sez so himself,but him and the staff see alot of more of our players than we do and if they think it's best to move Callum on so be it,nowt we can do abart it. UTCB

Last edited:
I asked how many times you'd seen both lads play mate nowt to do who's opinion's r8 or wrong,i was just interested to know how often you'd seen em play to mek the judgement one's better than tother that's all.I've seen Callum plenty of times before his injury but i honestly aint gor a clue which lad is better at this moment in time. UTCB
your a regular at u18 and u23 games rod arnt you ? are you not just a little dissapointed that callum has been released ? whats the point in going to support and encourage these lads if were just gonna keep on letting em go still find it a baffling decision oh and by the way i hope kean bryan proves to be a brilliant player for us utb ftp

I aint seen as much of the academy games this season mate,it was a genuine question i asked abart how many times you'd seen each lad play in order to decide who was the better,nowt sarcy or nasty.I once had a chat wi John Dungworth at Cliffe and i said to him if i was in charge of the academy set up they'd probs be abart 1000 lads playin theer cos i'd hate tellin lads they were bein released.I wish we had a first team full of Cliffe lads(similar to Leeds this season),i really do but then you'd have some fans sayin we need experienced signings and the board's bein tight.I've said i was a little suprised by Callum leavin on a permanent deal but if the staff dunt think he's ready for our first team then some lads have to move on to allow the next batch of hopefuls to come through.UTCB

I aint seen as much of the academy games this season mate,it was a genuine question i asked abart how many times you'd seen each lad play in order to decide who was the better,nowt sarcy or nasty.I once had a chat wi John Dungworth at Cliffe and i said to him if i was in charge of the academy set up they'd probs be abart 1000 lads playin theer cos i'd hate tellin lads they were bein released.I wish we had a first team full of Cliffe lads(similar to Leeds this season),i really do but then you'd have some fans sayin we need experienced signings and the board's bein tight.I've said i was a little suprised by Callum leavin on a permanent deal but if the staff dunt think he's ready for our first team then some lads have to move on to allow the next batch of hopefuls to come through.UTCB
well it does sound like weve put a first option buy back and sell on clause in the deal so maybe we havent seen the last of callum just suprised that weve let him go when chris has said on more than one occasion how highly he rated him

Games full of mistakes, Scholes was getting released at Man utd at 16 until Brian kidd stepped in, same with Jamie Carragher at Liverpool until they changed him from a centre fwd to a central defender. Both Sheff clubs missed Jamie Vardy. If he does well hopefully we can bring him back, still think a loan would have been better. We released Billy twice and look what he has done,

Matt Lowton was gunna be released but we sent him to Ferencvaros i think it was,he did very well theer,came back to BDBL and got a new improved deal and he's havin a very good career since we flogged him.So you're correct Peggy all clubs will have med mistakes wi releasin young players, some lads develop quicker than others,one thing i think we can all agree on is that our staff won't get everythin r8.UTCB