selling on eBay | Vital Football

selling on eBay

Barney2004

Vital 1st Team Regular
Has anyone tried it? I buy things from a warehouse clearence place in bulk at a cheap price (al brand new crap) put it on ebay and flog it. I make about an 85% profit. I recommend trying it

I bought 20 england caps for £20 and selling them for £8 at the moment and they're flying out.

LOL I see a good buisness partnership forming above lol

Me and the mrs have been thinking of flogging stuff in the past like our lads little tikes playhouse they are too big for but the postage confused us tbh as we don't know how to work out the cost of postage to sell anything

In recent years I've mostly bought from ebay.

However, I have recently sold my bike and just got a good price for it!

But no, I've not tried business wise, I've enough controlling this network without doing anything else!

The Fear - 29/10/2013 17:03

In recent years I've mostly bought from ebay.

However, I have recently sold my bike and just got a good price for it!

But no, I've not tried business wise, I've enough controlling this network without doing anything else!

Especially now you've let me post again :5:

Barney2004 - 29/10/2013 16:27

I bought 20 england caps for £20 and selling them for £8 at the moment and they're flying out.

keep that up and 10 years from now you'll be fronting The Apprentice!

Ranger - 29/10/2013 17:14

Barney2004 - 29/10/2013 16:27

keep that up and 10 years from now you'll be fronting The Apprentice!

I put them all to shame mate. These retail at £20 normally

Anyone read the Four Hour Work Week?

Very interesting book and it has me thinking about trying to set something up...
Seems like something which would help Mr. Fear as I take from the holiday thread he is ridiculously busy... I dont know what you do Fear but I think this would help you cut down on the work hours at the very least...

Lol, no Lee, you are being a good boy. But the last month or so, so much anger, few trolls, few pushing legal limits etc, it's exhausting !

If you ever get chance mate, let me know and I will give you a good website for a warehouse that has bankrupt stock. Eg, thesebaseball caps are from jjb when I closed. Decent thing to get into with some good money to be made

Never really used it for selling up until recently, which has cost me quite a bit of money I now realize, though been good for the charity shops. Dunno why I haven't.

Sell bits & pieces of clothing and other unwanted items that are named brands. They sell well. Bought and buy a few things from their. Depends on what Google search comes up with is to who I go with, what I want and the deal.

I used to do 2nd hand car booting in the last few years of the 90's before left the ex as well as catering. That was easy money. Buy it cheap, pile it high sell it cheap. Amazing what people would buy.

Haven't done it since except when we were sorting out Mom's house after she went into a home. Can't do it anymore, I learnt has physical health is not good and it buggered me up for a week. Used to love doing it.

Thought about doing it more regular on E-Bay. Don't know if I can be faffed with all that again, all be it in a virtual way instead of a stall on a freezing cold morning

My better half almost got conned on eBay. He was selling his iPhone 5 cos his contract was up and wanted a new phone so he put it on eBay with a reserve price and a buy it now price. Someone bought it buy it now within an hour of him posting the advert. They then messaged him asking if there mate could pick it up that night as he was in the area and could pick it up as they were going on holiday the next day. So he did... this asian guy met Rich, took the phone etc. About an hour later got messages and calls from this bloke saying his eBay account had been hacked and these people were buying phones and stuff and making off with them whilst paying with this guys money.

I didn't even pay attention to what Rich was doing, it seemed dodgy to me after the event of course but its easy with hindsight. We thought he'd lost the phone and the £400. It took around 3 weeks for PayPal to resolve but in a strange turn of events, they favoured in Rich's side and we ended up with the £400. I'm not sure why as PayPal clearly states that unless you have proof of collection then you don't have a leg to stand on. The fraud prevention team were involved etc but when that money appeared in his paypal account weeks later, nothing more has ever been said. We was speculating about whether this guy who was claiming that he'd been robbed was in on the act. The weird thing is, Rich put him on speaker phone when he called and he sounded extremely calm and relaxed seen as though this supposed gang had stolen around £3,000 from him overall. Just something in it wasn't right.

Didn't matter to us in the end, we got the money. There's two lessons for you, be careful on eBay and also don't have such a half soaked partner. He's so intelligent, crazily clever but lacks basic common sense haha!

I don't like eBay really, feel nervous using it.

From my experience of eBay simon it's safe. Don't get me wrong though mate, some things may slip the net. Give it a go...