Sell them now Daniel.... | Vital Football

Sell them now Daniel....

Spursex

Alert Team
Mauricio Pochettino urges Daniel Levy to sell Tottenham's wantaway stars quickly

Mauricio Pochettino wants Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy to waste no time in allowing unwanted players to leave the club this summer.

After yesterday’s 5-4 win over Leicester in Spurs’ final Premier League game at Wembley, Pochettino called for Levy to “be brave and take risks” to help the club to win major honours.

The Spurs manager will have talks with his chairman this week, when he will ask Levy to release the financial shackles on the club and urge him not to play hardball in negotiations to sell Toby Alderweireld, Mousa Dembele and Danny Rose.

All three first-team players are available to leave this summer and Pochettino, who has repeatedly urged the club not to leave signings until the final week of the transfer window, would like them to be sold quickly to allow the club to buy replacements.

Pochettino to tell Levy to 'take risks' in pursuit of trophies

Levy is a notoriously tough negotiator but Pochettino believes Spurs’ best hope of closing the gap to runaway champions Manchester City is to complete the majority of their transfer business before the World Cup — which starts in exactly a month.

Kyle Walker-Peters, the right-back who made his second League start of the campaign against Leicester, has signed a new contract with Spurs until 2021.

The 21-year-old was named man of the match on both the opening day of the season and after the final game, having laid on two assists against Leicester on Sunday.

HUH??? how did he take that away from what POCH was saying yesterday is beyond me... selling the unwanted players is part of the plan moving forward but this is far from what Poch was saying when he said "be brave and take risk"

what I took was that Poch thinks we are way ahead of schedule as far as the team and Daniel cannot continue with the current model which he thinks has to be substantially tweaked if not overhauled. to penny pinch now will undo all that we've achieved the past couple of seasons.. plus Poch feels that even after knowing the Tottenham's situation and model the goal post has been moved ... definitely by the media, a somewhat ungrateful fanbase, and even to an extent by the powers that be at the club with the way they are marketing the club. the club now see themselves as big boys, with a different model but still big boys.. and that is massively unfair because Poch is performing miracles.. and the fans and the media is on his back HEAVY this past 6 months saying that this is all well and good but you aren't doing anything if you're not winning trophies..

Poch seem like he is currently unwilling to shoulder these criticisms and now Levy has to back him up in every sense.. if all the parameters have changed then Daniel needs to "step up" or continue the route without Poch because it is pointless.. If it remains the same then you aren't playing to win especially since we've gotten ourselves in striking distance and in positions to actually WIN.. if the club is in a health position why not take a leap and go for it now instead of in 5 years when you have the money but everything else is out of whack. we're at a crossroad and I love that Poch is now forcing the issue with Levy and the Board.

HUH??? how did he take that away from what POCH was saying yesterday is beyond me... selling the unwanted players is part of the plan moving forward but this is far from what Poch was saying when he said "be brave and take risk"

what I took was that Poch thinks we are way ahead of schedule as far as the team and Daniel cannot continue with the current model which he thinks has to be substantially tweaked if not overhauled. to penny pinch now will undo all that we've achieved the past couple of seasons.. plus Poch feels that even after knowing the Tottenham's situation and model the goal post has been moved ... definitely by the media, a somewhat ungrateful fanbase, and even to an extent by the powers that be at the club with the way they are marketing the club. the club now see themselves as big boys, with a different model but still big boys.. and that is massively unfair because Poch is performing miracles.. and the fans and the media is on his back HEAVY this past 6 months saying that this is all well and good but you aren't doing anything if you're not winning trophies..

Poch seem like he is currently unwilling to shoulder these criticisms and now Levy has to back him up in every sense.. if all the parameters have changed then Daniel needs to "step up" or continue the route without Poch because it is pointless.. If it remains the same then you aren't playing to win especially since we've gotten ourselves in striking distance and in positions to actually WIN.. if the club is in a health position why not take a leap and go for it now instead of in 5 years when you have the money but everything else is out of whack. we're at a crossroad and I love that Poch is now forcing the issue with Levy and the Board.

Exactly.

Levy and Lewis wanted CL football by the time the stadium was ready. Poch has delivered two additional CL 's in the meantime and he should now get the dividend from this over-performance to spend on strengthening.

I don't doubt that Levy is aware we are at the tipping point but he still needs a little nudge to open his pockets (2 additional years of CL revenue should soften the blow). It would be fair to say that Poch is negotiating this along with his own contract.