Sell or Stick

• Sell

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Stick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Canary Kevin

Vital Squad Member
It is obvious we are buying for the future (the championship) to help us come back up again after we have sold our considered talent to make even more money. We are a business after all and the majority shareholders we have will never be able to compete on the cheap. The painful truth is that the model being used by spending small and selling big will keep us in the game but to take a chance on selling to a big consortium can lead to ruin. Do we want to chance the sell to the highest bidder (oblivious rich) or stick with safe Little Norwich.

Tough question. I remember us knocking back interest from the Chinese consortium that eventually bought Reading and it hasn’t done the Royals much good. I just don’t know, it has to be the right sort of wealth. Ipswich have got the richest owner in League One!

Easy answer. Sell.
The Smiffs lack energy, ambition and the will to become a premier league club.
I have said it before and will say it again. There is no standing still in modern day football and as the Smiffs dither there will be at least 40 other clubs who will be richer leaving us going down to league 1.
Selling big and buying small leads to disaster. I remember the sale of Dean Ashton
for £ 9.8 million which was partially used for £ 3.7 million on Earnshaw who was then sold for £ 4.7 million and £ 270 k spent on Cureton who was released for free. All the money gone and ending up without a striker. This always leads to having much less talented players until another rare freebie comes along.

The Smiffs plan to leave the club to a mute relative with no drive or experience who I am sure will have to sign a no sale clause.
They do not need the money as are old, well off and have no children to pass it on to.

They may be a risk with selling but I would rather been in Sheffield United's league position than ours so it can and would work.

Time for the Smiths to go . We are now in a different football world than the one they bought into 25 years ago . They are totally out of touch with what is needed at NCFC to keep us in the Premier League and a record breaking 3 Premier League relegations in 6 years proves it , to say nothing of the ‘Prudence Without Ambition’ relegation a few years back . They are dragging the club down with their refusal to hand the club over for investment.

Agreed YB.
One more observation regarding the initial question. There is no need to select either of the 2 options. A third option is to sell to a rich person who wants to be in Norwich and make us successful. That is not the richest bidder !
As I have said before the Smiffs do not need the money which is probably a factor in selfishly hanging on to a club as a hobby instead of needing the cash for putting into another current business. I would sell to the best person and have the price set to allow that to happen and get the new owners to spend that money on the club itself ( players or extending stadium ).

The more I think about it the more angry I become as we all have to sit and watch 2 selfish geriatrics ruin the future of the club for next generation of fans.

Tough question. I remember us knocking back interest from the Chinese consortium that eventually bought Reading and it hasn’t done the Royals much good. I just don’t know, it has to be the right sort of wealth. Ipswich have got the richest owner in League One!
Aren't pompey owned by former Disney CEO who is worth 1 billion and Ipswich owner's wealth is very mysterious