Self Diagnosis Isolation Corvid-19 | Page 64 | Vital Football

Self Diagnosis Isolation Corvid-19

It's U TUBE chippy, dearie me.:giggle: One thing i will say i think how the media were outside Cummings home is pathetic and i would've wanted to kick em if they had been doin that outside my home.I still think this Cummings comes across as a arrogant git and surely if he wasn't sure his eyesight wasn't good enuff when thinkin of goin on a drive to Durham he shouldn't have been drivin in any case.UTMPB
Heroic Sick Parents In Mercy Dash to Save Child from Killer Disease-could well have been the headline had those parents been of a different political persuasion.
His eyesight was OK when going TO Durham.When, after the recommended isolation period, he thought of returning FROM Durham he drove towards Barnard Castle, circa 25-30 miles, to check if he was up to making the 260 + mile return journey to London.

The devil is in the detail.............................and not in the car as everyone wants us to believe.

Its clear now that Cummings did NOT go outside the rules, that his actions were reasonable (maybe not blemish free, but reasonable..) and with the fuill support of PM and cabinet, this should be an end to it. Yet a million journalists are still crawling all over it to find where he failed to cross a 't' or dot an 'i' so they can demand his resignation again. The leaders of the opposition parties are supposedly meeting to discuss further calls for his head. (Watch out SNP, your arse is showing, or so I'm told...)

My view is that if they want him out so badly, then it is of vital importance that he stays in. This is no longer about alleged breaches of rules. It is far bigger than that.

Its clear now that Cummings did NOT go outside the rules, that his actions were reasonable (maybe not blemish free, but reasonable..) and with the fuill support of PM and cabinet, this should be an end to it. Yet a million journalists are still crawling all over it to find where he failed to cross a 't' or dot an 'i' so they can demand his resignation again. The leaders of the opposition parties are supposedly meeting to discuss further calls for his head. (Watch out SNP, your arse is showing, or so I'm told...)

My view is that if they want him out so badly, then it is of vital importance that he stays in. This is no longer about alleged breaches of rules. It is far bigger than that.

For me its about stopping the media trying to run this country

It’s about time the media was called to account their credibility which has never been strong is at an all time low imo they need reigning in as they have overstepped the marker way too many times during this crises

It’s about time the media was called to account their credibility which has never been strong is at an all time low imo they need reigning in as they have overstepped the marker way too many times during this crises
Funnily enough Rod Little in the Sunday Times wrote a column this week saying how the BBC had resurrected it's falling popularity with it's reporting of the CV issue. He does have a different view of the world anyway!

Lord Hall the Chairman, was making the point that 94% (or whatever it was) of people had turned to the BBC during the pandemic, and this was based on the fantastic journalism.

What he fails to realise is that the BBC is better, marginally, that the other options, if you want to find out what is going on. There are no percentages for how many of the 94% turned the BBC off and shook their heads at what they'd just seen.

Lord Hall the Chairman, was making the point that 94% (or whatever it was) of people had turned to the BBC during the pandemic, and this was based on the fantastic journalism.

What he fails to realise is that the BBC is better, marginally, that the other options, if you want to find out what is going on. There are no percentages for how many of the 94% turned the BBC off and shook their heads at what they'd just seen.
That's the sort of complacency that breeds low standards, fails to see the problem, fails to look for better ways and allows those involved to think they are doing a great job.
Moribund leadership of a dying institution which has had a temporary uplift in viewing figures due to a worldwide pandemic.

A good leader would be looking how to keep that audience share by looking to be better,by wondering why figures were falling so rapidly before the pandemic and putting plans in place to compete meaningfully and maximise their advantages not sitiing back on his laurels.

Not a word on the unrest in France
Not a word on the unrest in Germany
Not a word on Hong Kong

Still all about Cummings.

Says something when you can get better UK news from Al-Jazira....

Pompous post
Back of the net Hancock! Great management of the presshounds
Pompous posturing Peston's long , rambling question about how Hancock looked after his kids whilst ill and Cummings took his to Durham" is there er,er any relevant difference?"

"yes we had child care, he didn't, next"

Brilliant - get back in yer box Peston

The wife and I laughed out loud.

Pompous post

Pompous posturing Peston's long , rambling question about how Hancock looked after his kids whilst ill and Cummings took his to Durham" is there er,er any relevant difference?"

"yes we had child care, he didn't, next"

Brilliant - get back in yer box Peston

The wife and I laughed out loud.

So did we..............we've been waiting for that moment for a long time

Back of the net Hancock! Great management of the presshounds
Stage managed it. Thought he was obnoxious and cowardly. Cutting people off before letting them ask a follow up question. Totally incompetent I would say. Unable to fight his corner. Johnson did the same the other night. Showed he is out of his depth. STAY AT HOME, PROTECT THE NHS, SAVE LIVES 👍

Stage managed it. Thought he was obnoxious and cowardly. Cutting people off before letting them ask a follow up question. Totally incompetent I would say. Unable to fight his corner. Johnson did the same the other night. Showed he is out of his depth. STAY AT HOME, PROTECT THE NHS, SAVE LIVES 👍

We all see things differently CJJ - I saw it as standing up to the Press - neither of us are right, nor wrong - its all abart opinions

The media or opposition parties won't get Cummings out but his own party may do so. The extreme right under Baker and Bone don't like Cummings influence because it limits their own. The few remaining remainers in the party will see this as an opportunity to take revenge on the man who soundly beat them up over Brexit. Then there's the majority of knee tremblers who panic at the first sign of controversy.

The Tories are notorious for dealing with crisis in their own party badly its what brought Cameron down.

Johnson must be pulling his hair out they have a majority of 80 and 4 and 1/2 years left in Government when all this is likely to have blown over especially if they deliver Brexit. Yet some can't resist flapping, some for their own gain. The divisions in the party are not what they were but if Boris can't control his party now he never will. The man who probably was responsible for most of them getting into office looks like he is slowly being fed to the lions. With that sort of loyalty you wonder where this Government is going.

Stage managing an event before you know it's coming , now that takes some doing.

Different views from different people, the way of the world CJJ

On a more general point we are talking about the same media that hounded Caroline Flack until she took the most drastic form of action so to see one of them get a very small dose of his own medicine was, for me, good to see.

Last edited:
Just incase you missed this while you were watching day 4 of the Dominic Cummings witchhunt....

We've got loads of PPE, testing is going great, hospitalisations are falling sharply, and we've authorised a drug that can help severely affected patients from dying.

Just a public service....

Also lost in the chatter and very unreported was the revelation that Cummings four year old child, is unable to feed or bath himself. This was from Grant Shapps on the Marr programme, but other BBC journos have apparantly seen fit not to mention it or take it into account. Cummings to his credit hasn't made a big thing out of this, but clearly his son has special needs and couldn't just be 'dropped off with the neighbours'.

Anyone remember when the left were accusing Boris of 'lacking empathy'..?
W-anchors...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52784152

Last edited:
Also lost in the chatter and very unreported was the revelation that Cummings four year old child, is unable to feed or bath himself. This was from Grant Shapps on the Marr programme, but other BBC journos have apparantly seen fit not to mention it or take it into account.

Anyone remember when the left were accusing Boris of 'lacking empathy'..? W-anchors...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52784152

Had no idea - this story gets worse from the media's perspective