Self Diagnosis Isolation Corvid-19 | Page 61 | Vital Football

Self Diagnosis Isolation Corvid-19

Had a think, and changed his mind, rightly in my view and a lot of others. And the problem is..?
It's the thinking that's not allowed FKB. Only mantra led policies admissible
Surprised it wasn't seen as 'privatising the NHS' when charging for any service that has a pill or plaster involved.:cool:

On the subject of U turns, it has come to my attention that Sir Help's view on schools on 29 April was that he

“has ramped up the pressure on ministers to reopen schools as soon as possible”, saying in earnest that “the longer they remain closed the more damage will be done to poorer pupils’ life chances.” .

Now, the government wants to re-open schools he's totally on-board with the unions manufacturing 169 reasons to keep them closed. I'm not suggesting that he is the Unions sock puppet, or anything. It just looks like it..

On the subject of U turns, it has come to my attention that Sir Help's view on schools on 29 April was that he

“has ramped up the pressure on ministers to reopen schools as soon as possible”, saying in earnest that “the longer they remain closed the more damage will be done to poorer pupils’ life chances.” .

Now, the government wants to re-open schools he's totally on-board with the unions manufacturing 169 reasons to keep them closed. I'm not suggesting that he is the Unions sock puppet, or anything. It just looks like it..
It's ok to change your mind tho aint it Pops? Or duz that only apply to Boris's mob?Not forgettin that only the tenbobers or the tory government's opinion counts.:LOL: Fork me talk abart one rule for one and a different rule for the rest.:LOL: For forks sake let's get sport back ASAP.:yes:UTMPB

It's ok to change your mind tho aint it Pops? Or duz that only apply to Boris's mob?Not forgettin that anyone other than the tories opinions dunt matter.:LOL: Fork me talk abart one rule for one and a different rule for the rest.:LOL: For forks sake let's get sport back ASAP.:yes:UTMPB

So has Keir decided that education for the poor kids is now not important? Should someone ask him? Maybe he'd like to go on Piers show and explain it to us.?

Totally agree about football...:wahey:

Since when has equality in schools been part of the push to beat this deadly virus?
Sir Help sees things differently then?

Only forensic when it suits.

Apparently all the 'confusion', on everything, is because Boris made his 5 stage presenatation a day before the detailed guidance was published. I'm not convinced everyone would now be crystal clear on everything had that order been reversed.Indeed everyone would have been 'confused' because no one had explained the process to them.

QTime last night and Burnham ,Mayor of Gtr Man, said that the 10,000 headteachers should have been told first, even if only by a day , before a public announcement was made to avoid 'confusion'. So, tell 1st and no guidance suits ....................but only when it suits the agenda

Justice Minister Chris Philip said that telling 10,000 headteachers the day before was like making it public anyway!

The former PM of Denmark took great delight in telling us how we had it wrong at every turn whilst Denmark, population just over half that of London, was a shining example of how to deal with it

Her comments might have had more credence had they bothered to tell us she was a member of the Lqbour party and married to a Labour MP.

So has Keir decided that education for the poor kids is now not important? Should someone ask him? Maybe he'd like to go on Piers show and explain it to us.?

Totally agree about football...:wahey:
I've no idea what he thinks mi owd pal,as i've told thi before i wunt go out of mi way to listen/talk to any of the politicians.I thought you claimed to know everythin t'other day tho?:giggle: UTMPB

If you were doing interviews for employing someone which of these would you choose? I wouldn’t even interview the scruffy one never mind employ him. 🤭

So today Shearings have gone bust..................a decent company with a good reputation in the travel business.

Not surprising really when attention seeking idiots like Martin Lewis spend their lives telling people that they are entitled to a refund for cancelled holidays.... end of. Without the proviso that actually holiday companies are on their knees and need help from their customers (as there has been nothing forthcoming from elsewhere) just to survive. Postponing holidays keeps businesses alive, cancelling them and demanding a refund kills them.

It is not realistic to expect companies such as Shearings to be able to refund every customer affected within 14 days of their cancellation as per the Package Travel Directive (EU generated and ridiculous). As a result, people will now realise that next year there will be less choice, and decent, value for money companies such as Shearings will not be around, so inevitably prices will go up.

Honestly, this could have been avoided and I hope its a wake up call for people about how badly this is hitting the travel business.

Last edited:
So today Shearings have gone bust..................a decent company with a good reputation in the travel business.

Not surprising really when attention seeking idiots like Martin Lewis spend their lives telling people that they are entitled to a refund for cancelled holidays.... end of. Without the proviso that actually holiday companies are on their knees and need help from their customers (as there has been nothing forthcoming from elsewhere) just to survive. Postponing holidays keeps businesses alive, cancelling them and demanding a refund kills them.

It is not realistic to expect companies such as Shearings to be able to refund every customer affected within 14 days of their cancellation as per the Package Travel Directive (EU generated and ridiculous). As a result, people will now realise that next year there will be less choice, and decent, value for money companies such as Shearings will not be around, so inevitably prices will go up.

Honestly, this could have been avoided and I hope its a wake up call for people about how badly this is hitting the travel business.
Was very surprised to hear about this Aya. 14 owned hotels also gone so Britannia will be scavenging for them. As you say, much less choice, price hikes and loads of extra , but unfillable, capacity in resort hotels across the UK and further afield.
Before Manchester developed a weekend market I worked with them extensively but the Manchester Arena came along and, as the closest hotel, at the time, we decided to switch to the independent traveller market and saw room rates flourish.

CV is far reaching,biting deep and wide and will continue to do so for a long time to come. Your industry has a double whammy to face- the fear factor from individuals not willing to take risks to see the world and the need for social distancing restricting numbers that cuts capacities and erodes the small margin that normally makes the difference between profit and loss..

Maybe we will go back to the days of the Grand Tour when only the wealthy and intrepid could afford to travel far and wide. At least our motorhome means we can social distance relatively easily on holiday- and there's decent space on campsites-and I hear demand, for hire vehicles and new motorhomes is very healthy.

I use Shearings most years and appear to have lost my £90 deposit for a hol booked in Bournemouth for July, I would have gadly taken a credit note to use
next year.They'll be back as a new compnay as they have loads of hotels and
must be worth millions.

I agree totally with that. We had a cruise booked which has been cancelled but rather than demand the deposit back we have booked for next year instead. People forget that these companies are private businesses and could fold with the loss of thousands of jobs in a heartbeat. The same people demanding there deposit back will be the first to moan by prices being forced up by lack of capacity.

I agree totally with that. We had a cruise booked which has been cancelled but rather than demand the deposit back we have booked for next year instead. People forget that these companies are private businesses and could fold with the loss of thousands of jobs in a heartbeat. The same people demanding there deposit back will be the first to moan by prices being forced up by lack of capacity.

That's it BFL - give these companies a chance to survive. All I've seen and heard in the media is people are entitled to a refund and that's that - and all I want is for both sides of the coin to be reported.

Was very surprised to hear about this Aya. 14 owned hotels also gone so Britannia will be scavenging for them. As you say, much less choice, price hikes and loads of extra , but unfillable, capacity in resort hotels across the UK and further afield.
Before Manchester developed a weekend market I worked with them extensively but the Manchester Arena came along and, as the closest hotel, at the time, we decided to switch to the independent traveller market and saw room rates flourish.

CV is far reaching,biting deep and wide and will continue to do so for a long time to come. Your industry has a double whammy to face- the fear factor from individuals not willing to take risks to see the world and the need for social distancing restricting numbers that cuts capacities and erodes the small margin that normally makes the difference between profit and loss..

Maybe we will go back to the days of the Grand Tour when only the wealthy and intrepid could afford to travel far and wide. At least our motorhome means we can social distance relatively easily on holiday- and there's decent space on campsites-and I hear demand, for hire vehicles and new motorhomes is very healthy.

I reckon you'll be just fine in your motorhome TT - perfect for the CV era.

Yes, the travel industry will need to work hard to win people back - I do believe there is pent up demand out there - but the whole business model has to change to be more flexible with people's payments - ours will and we will have to change the way we pay suppliers as a result.

The golf travel industry is already working to get this model up and running, and making progress - I'm impressed at how quickly it is changing a modus operandi that has been running for years and years, and which was, to be honest, out of date anyway.

Hopefully this is happening in other sectors of the travel industry as well.

Aya, you need to set up "Blades on Tour Holidays", B&B's to stay in or tents, a week in skegvegas or somewhere similar, take in a an away game or two included, all the polictal argumentative crusties can be self isolated on the back seat of the coach, those wanting a wee wee stop every five minutes can just be strapped to the front of the coach.
All those with beer and wanting to watch the blades just occupy the middle section whilst singing rude songs about the coach driver.

First stop on a blades tour would be to Hillsborough to pay homage when bouncing and deludedness was laid to rest...

Think it might work....