Self Diagnosis Isolation Corvid-19 | Page 72 | Vital Football

Self Diagnosis Isolation Corvid-19

All 3 confirmed positive

The post’s been pretty reliable out here Bully but our postie told me last week how bad it is In Sheffield. He works out of Stavely which amazingly is in the only medium risk area in our region.

I‘ve just had confirmation that my lad and his Mrs have tested positive as well so it looks like I’ll be delivering the groceries to them.😷
Hoping their symptoms are minimal pal

our lasses had it,so im supposing i have./mi assisatnt and his bird as had it ,mi other mate as had it, ive had flu as well and ive felt awful much worse than the dreaded covid curse, .anway hope alls well

Well it looks like the GB family has got through its Covid crisis for now but it’s hit my lad really bad. My granddaughter just shrugged it off as kids seem to and his Missis had a bad cough and shortness of breath but got over the worst in about 8 days..

As for him he seemed fine. He carried on working from home the first week after being diagnosed positive and just felt a bit achey, but he was was then hit by a fever last Saturday and he has only just come out of it today. He’s been in bed mainly sleeping all the time and eaten nothing until some soup today. His Missis says he can’t remember much about the last week, he didn’t even know the football scores!! 111 support and his Doc have been involved at times but they were happy for him to be looked after at home as long as he was taking fluid and his missis was up to it but if he’d had the breathlessness as well they would have taken him into hospital.

I’m updating purely because it shows just what a swine Corvid can randomly be. He’s mid forties, slim, fit and exercises regularly and yet just one aspect of this bloody disease has knocked him for six. None of us can even recall him being off work before (he’s always had the option of working from home), let alone taking to his bed. He’s lost over a stone but hopefully he’ll be up and about tomorrow.

Best we all continue to take Covid seriously guys whatever our age. Seems like if your name’s on the bullet it can be serious no matter how young(ish) fit and healthy you are 👍

Last edited:
Well it looks like the GB family has got through its Covid crisis for now but it’s hit my lad really bad. My granddaughter just shrugged it off as kids seem to and his Missis had a bad cough and shortness of breath but got over the worst in about 8 days..

As for him he seemed fine. He carried on working from home the first week after being diagnosed positive and just felt a bit achey, but he was was then hit by a fever last Saturday and he has only just come out of it today. He’s been in bed mainly sleeping all the time and eaten nothing until some soup today. His Missis says he can’t remember much about the last week, he didn’t even know the football scores!! 111 support and his Doc have been involved at times but they were happy for him to be looked after at home as long as he was taking fluid and his missis was up to it but if he’d had the breathlessness as well they would have taken him into hospital.

I’m updating purely because it shows just what a swine Corvid can randomly be. He’s mid forties, slim, fit and exercises regularly and yet just one aspect of this bloody disease has knocked him for six. None of us can even recall him being off work before (he’s always been able to work from home), let alone taking to his bed. He’s lost over a stone but hopefully he’ll be up and about tomorrow.

Best we all continue to take Covid seriously guys whatever our age. Seems like if your name’s on the bullet it can be serious no matter how young(ish) fit and healthy you are 👍
That sounds pretty much like I was back when it all started I hope he doesn’t get the long COVID like I did it’s still affecting me now though not as regularly as it was I wouldn’t wish it on anyone

That sounds pretty much like I was back when it all started I hope he doesn’t get the long COVID like I did it’s still affecting me now though not as regularly as it was I wouldn’t wish it on anyone
I didn’t realise you’d got LC Bully, what a swine mate! For some reason I thought that you and your Missis had come out of it remarkably well..

I didn’t realise you’d got LC Bully, what a swine mate! For some reason I thought that you and your Missis had come out of it remarkably well..
Mrs was Asymptomatic and no after effects doc sent me for every blood test going trying to find what the problem was it was still early days regarding the virus and long covid was only just being talked about would be fine for days then pure exhaustion would hit me where I’d struggle to put one foot in front of the other it got that bad at work one day I went for a test to see if I had it again really don’t know how I managed to work sometimes even now I can come home and suddenly just be wiped out and sleep for hrs even on days off it’s played havoc with trying to run the flat and life as a whole and we’re 6 months down the line now

Mrs was Asymptomatic and no after effects doc sent me for every blood test going trying to find what the problem was it was still early days regarding the virus and long covid was only just being talked about would be fine for days then pure exhaustion would hit me where I’d struggle to put one foot in front of the other it got that bad at work one day I went for a test to see if I had it again really don’t know how I managed to work sometimes even now I can come home and suddenly just be wiped out and sleep for hrs even on days off it’s played havoc with trying to run the flat and life as a whole and we’re 6 months down the line now
Lets hope they will soon find out what’s causing it Bully and they come up with some sort of cure mate.

Let's say you woke up with a terrible cough, a fever, and severe body aches. Immediately, you rush to the doctor and unfortunately, you’re diagnosed with COVID-19. For the last two weeks, you’ve been unaware that you were infected and you’ve ignored "the rules." You've gotten together with some close friends for pizza, had a few people over, even visited a park and a beach. You figured, “I don’t feel sick. I have the right to keep living my normal life. No one can tell me what to do."

With your diagnosis, you spend the next few days at home on the couch, feeling pretty crappy; but then you’re well again because you’re young, healthy and strong. Lucky you. But your best friend caught it from you during a visit to your house, and because she didn't know she was contagious, she visited her 82-year-old grandfather, who uses oxygen tanks daily to help him breathe because he has COPD and heart failure. Now, he’s dead.

Your co-worker, who has asthma, caught it too, during your little pizza get-together. Now, he’s in the ICU, and he's spread it to a few others in his family, too--but they won't know that for another couple of weeks yet.

The cashier at the restaurant where you picked up the pizza carried the infection home to his wife, who has MS, which makes her immunosuppressed. She’s not as lucky as you, so she’s admitted to the hospital because she’s having trouble breathing. She may need to be placed in a medically-induced coma and intubated; she may not get to say goodbye to her loved ones. She may die surrounded by machines, with no family at her bedside.

All because you couldn't stand the inconvenience of a mask; of staying home; of changing your familiar routines for just a little while. Because you think you have the right, above all others rights, to continue living your normal life and believe that no one, I mean no one, has the right to tell you what to do.

#SocialDistancing = It’s not about YOU!
#WearAMask = It's not about YOU!
#StayHome = It's not about YOU!
#GetTested = It's not about YOU!
#MaskItOrCasket = It's not about YOU!

Copied from a friend and shared. Please do the same.

Too much sense of self-entitlement in the world these days, too many selfish people thinking the rules don’t apply to them and nobody can tell them what to do! 😡😡
. This is a post with a similar theme that was put on a site I go on Bulmer.
Just sat thinking about conversations I’ve had in the last two days, since yesterday morning I have literally heard of at least 60/70 maybe more of local Covid positive cases, …………Teachers, Schoolchildren, Police, Businesses, whole households, …………… what’s new I hear you say, well in this instance I know people directly involved with the cases, yes during March to June there were many thousands, we heard it every day on the news, even knew a few personally, a very good friend of mine was lucky to survive it and the father of another very good friend wasn’t so lucky, there was anecdotal news of others and it was very scary, I’m sure non of us need reminding ……………… this sudden startling news though is I think different in that I know the people who are directly involved with the situation and in some cases I know the ones who have the infection, as I say reported in the last 48 hrs!
Moving on, I was in a local Lidl yesterday and was glad to see all wearing masks ……… at first, then I noticed a couple of blokes without, in the next Twenty five minutes there were half a dozen, plus some with their nose sticking out, now I know that according to the rules some are allowed grace on this rule but I have to say that these tw#ts had the look of disdain on their mugs for their fellow shoppers, I am of the firm belief that we wear a mask to protect others not ourselves, there is plenty of evidence out there that this is correct and has been on social media for months, I would say that if someone is so ill they cannot wear a mask for 30 mins they shouldn’t really be out mixing with the public, certainly those anti maskers who don’t believe in the virus are at the very least uncaring, inconsiderate arseholes !
If my observations in the last couple of days are correct we are in my opinion heading for a situation non of us have seen the like of, a couple of weeks ago the science behind this said we need a “ circuit brake” the Government said no and produced the three tier system which now I believe the majority of the country is included in Tier 3, all indications are that the circuit brake will have to come anyway, Boris has now blamed the public for not upholding the rule, I reckon 98% of the public are doing what is right so bollox Boris, Enforce the bloody rule, if the rule is that masks should be worn in shops Enforce it, fine the arse off the Morons !!!!!
Share if you wish

. This is a post with a similar theme that was put on a site I go on Bulmer.
Just sat thinking about conversations I’ve had in the last two days, since yesterday morning I have literally heard of at least 60/70 maybe more of local Covid positive cases, …………Teachers, Schoolchildren, Police, Businesses, whole households, …………… what’s new I hear you say, well in this instance I know people directly involved with the cases, yes during March to June there were many thousands, we heard it every day on the news, even knew a few personally, a very good friend of mine was lucky to survive it and the father of another very good friend wasn’t so lucky, there was anecdotal news of others and it was very scary, I’m sure non of us need reminding ……………… this sudden startling news though is I think different in that I know the people who are directly involved with the situation and in some cases I know the ones who have the infection, as I say reported in the last 48 hrs!
Moving on, I was in a local Lidl yesterday and was glad to see all wearing masks ……… at first, then I noticed a couple of blokes without, in the next Twenty five minutes there were half a dozen, plus some with their nose sticking out, now I know that according to the rules some are allowed grace on this rule but I have to say that these tw#ts had the look of disdain on their mugs for their fellow shoppers, I am of the firm belief that we wear a mask to protect others not ourselves, there is plenty of evidence out there that this is correct and has been on social media for months, I would say that if someone is so ill they cannot wear a mask for 30 mins they shouldn’t really be out mixing with the public, certainly those anti maskers who don’t believe in the virus are at the very least uncaring, inconsiderate arseholes !
If my observations in the last couple of days are correct we are in my opinion heading for a situation non of us have seen the like of, a couple of weeks ago the science behind this said we need a “ circuit brake” the Government said no and produced the three tier system which now I believe the majority of the country is included in Tier 3, all indications are that the circuit brake will have to come anyway, Boris has now blamed the public for not upholding the rule, I reckon 98% of the public are doing what is right so bollox Boris, Enforce the bloody rule, if the rule is that masks should be worn in shops Enforce it, fine the arse off the Morons !!!!!
Share if you wish
Has Boris, or anybody, actually blamed the public CJJ- not seen anything about it?( not seen today's debate)

I believe it's time someone did but it would, of course, be political suicide even though there aare plenty of people believing it to be the case.

You also hear plenty telling all and sundry that they don't put their correct contact details down when entering businesses etc so that scuppers potential outbreaks and ability to contact.

Tiers,circuit break or a real full lockdown will not work whislt we ave so many not following the rules.

It's the same with the different anomalies you can find eg kids can go to school but not play together etc and everyone bleats about it when it's plain to see that the aim is to minimise contacts across the board whilst trying to keep parts of the economy going.

I reckon much more draaconian measures are needed to force people to comply but then te civil libertarians will be out in force.

Seems as though the notion of doing something for the greater good has gone out oof the window.

Just found this report in the D Mail from the North West police chiefs statement -at least some have come out and put the blame on the transgressors

"Five Northern police chiefs have promised to crack down on the 'minority' who flout Covid rules and put 'lives at risk', on the eve of the second nationwide lockdown.

Chief constables Darren Martland of Cheshire, Michelle Skeer of Cumbria, Ian Hopkins pf Greater Manchester, Andy Rhodes of Lancashire and Andy Cooke of Merseyside said they will take a 'robust' approach as a 'minority seem incapable of following the rules'.
And they warned organisers of parties and music events in particular that they would be targeted. Sadly we have seen a minority right across the North West who seem incapable of demonstrating any civic responsibility and complying with the regulations. "

Let's say you woke up with a terrible cough, a fever, and severe body aches. Immediately, you rush to the doctor and unfortunately, you’re diagnosed with COVID-19. For the last two weeks, you’ve been unaware that you were infected and you’ve ignored "the rules." You've gotten together with some close friends for pizza, had a few people over, even visited a park and a beach. You figured, “I don’t feel sick. I have the right to keep living my normal life. No one can tell me what to do."

With your diagnosis, you spend the next few days at home on the couch, feeling pretty crappy; but then you’re well again because you’re young, healthy and strong. Lucky you. But your best friend caught it from you during a visit to your house, and because she didn't know she was contagious, she visited her 82-year-old grandfather, who uses oxygen tanks daily to help him breathe because he has COPD and heart failure. Now, he’s dead.

Your co-worker, who has asthma, caught it too, during your little pizza get-together. Now, he’s in the ICU, and he's spread it to a few others in his family, too--but they won't know that for another couple of weeks yet.

The cashier at the restaurant where you picked up the pizza carried the infection home to his wife, who has MS, which makes her immunosuppressed. She’s not as lucky as you, so she’s admitted to the hospital because she’s having trouble breathing. She may need to be placed in a medically-induced coma and intubated; she may not get to say goodbye to her loved ones. She may die surrounded by machines, with no family at her bedside.

All because you couldn't stand the inconvenience of a mask; of staying home; of changing your familiar routines for just a little while. Because you think you have the right, above all others rights, to continue living your normal life and believe that no one, I mean no one, has the right to tell you what to do.

#SocialDistancing = It’s not about YOU!
#WearAMask = It's not about YOU!
#StayHome = It's not about YOU!
#GetTested = It's not about YOU!
#MaskItOrCasket = It's not about YOU!

Copied from a friend and shared. Please do the same.

Too much sense of self-entitlement in the world these days, too many selfish people thinking the rules don’t apply to them and nobody can tell them what to do! 😡😡
This is a post put on a site I go on that has a similar theme Bulmer I'm just recovering from it terry,to anyone who disregards,the symptoms or preventative measures in place,think again,it is the most horrible virus,I've ever encounted,6 days in bed ,40 degree temperature, one stay in hospital for saline drips infusions,and intravenous pain relief,5 weeks later and still no energy,fighting a chest infection at the moment,I have never felt so ill in my life,passed it on to my wife,son and daughter,who incidentally is a respiratory nurse at the northern general,I picked it up from a workmates who had symptoms, but disregarded em,he also passed it on to his wife and grandson,do not underestimate this terrible virus,it can and will kill you,stay safe everyone,it's the only way

Has Boris, or anybody, actually blamed the public CJJ- not seen anything about it?( not seen today's debate)

I believe it's time someone did but it would, of course, be political suicide even though there aare plenty of people believing it to be the case.

You also hear plenty telling all and sundry that they don't put their correct contact details down when entering businesses etc so that scuppers potential outbreaks and ability to contact.

Tiers,circuit break or a real full lockdown will not work whislt we ave so many not following the rules.

It's the same with the different anomalies you can find eg kids can go to school but not play together etc and everyone bleats about it when it's plain to see that the aim is to minimise contacts across the board whilst trying to keep parts of the economy going.

I reckon much more draaconian measures are needed to force people to comply but then te civil libertarians will be out in force.

Seems as though the notion of doing something for the greater good has gone out oof the window.
Yes I believe lots of blame have been put on those flouting the rules TT. Tv news showing scenes of people not wearing masks and ignoring social distancing rules etc.

Well we’ve got another case in the family now, my nephew’s wife has been admitted with bacterial pneumonia and it’s now been confirmed she’s also tested positive for CV19.

Well we’ve got another case in the family now, my nephew’s wife has been admitted with bacterial pneumonia and it’s now been confirmed she’s also tested positive for CV19.
Pneumonia’s not good pal at the best of times fingers crossed for her 🤞

Sorry to resurrect this, but need to rant..............just spoken to my posh, but left wing friend. She has been very dismissive of the way the Govt has handled the Covid crisis, a "shambles" in her eyes, but now seems to have created a "bubble" that involves at least half her address book...............and they're going away to stay together in a cottage after lockdown. And that's ok.......cos they're all ok and wont have Covid apparently.

Love em!

Sorry to resurrect this, but need to rant..............just spoken to my posh, but left wing friend. She has been very dismissive of the way the Govt has handled the Covid crisis, a "shambles" in her eyes, but now seems to have created a "bubble" that involves at least half her address book...............and they're going away to stay together in a cottage after lockdown. And that's ok.......cos they're all ok and wont have Covid apparently.

Love em!
Typical left wing elite. I hope they're not coming to Cornwall as we want to protect our very low infection rate. So far no evidence of second home owners coming anywhere near our village.

So me and Gert we’re in our favourite restaurant at the weekend near Edinburgh......... sorry Sir you will have to leave at 6pm covid rules ....... 2 g&t’s please...... sorry Sir we are not allowed to serve alcohol ....... eh?

Eldest granddaughter had been in contact with someone who tested positive....... 14 days self isolation..... mmmmmmm ,what about her two sisters you and your partner I ask my daughter....... nothing 2 sisters allowed to attend school.

pi55 up brewery.

#convid

Love em!
That's the problem. So many are convinced it's nowt to do with them, won't affect them and, somehow, it's the gov'ts fault we have it at all.

Regardless of what the 'rules' are those that have no concern, no respect, no feeling for others are going to do what they want because "it's Christmas" and, when we have a surge in the New Year, somehow, again, it will be somebody else's fault and they'll moan about illiberal, illegal restrictions to their precious, selfish freedom.