Self Diagnosis Isolation Corvid-19 | Page 16 | Vital Football

Self Diagnosis Isolation Corvid-19

Im sorry CBB, but from the very first post, you have been dismissive of everything that is being done, mostly from the angle of 'look at the useless Tories'. You promote the South Korea model of dealing with the crisis without understanding what it is, and now you want to know why are WE (along with the rest of the Western Hemisphere) were not as prepared as the Koreans were.

Well what were we preparing for...exactly? Unless you have an infallible crystal ball, there is only so much you can prepare for. That is unless you think we should be prepared for absolutely everything. Should we have 20,000 intensive care beds waiting, just in case....Good luck paying the bill.

New strains of viruses appear all the time. One passed through last autumn affecting children mainly. Most are mild, or hard to catch, or pass through without a single newspaper headline. The first announcement of the Covid virus was last week of December, at which point it looked like something that could be contained in China. That was WHO advice. South Korea didn't begin their preparations until mid January. The first cases in Europe were on January 24th. In Italy the Lombardy cluster wasn't identified until February 21st, and despite a lock-down put in place a fortnight after, just two weeks after that they have 7,500 deaths. Italy has the best healthcare in Europe, so they say. Go on, tell me that was predictable.

You seem to accept that different approaches work differently for different populations and cultures. I suggest that what works in one place is not guaranteed to be the best solution in another, especially if you look beneath the numbers and understand how they work. There may be several approaches that work successfully. Ours may be one of them. We'll find out in a couple of weeks if the infections have fallen sharply.

Now we go back over the 'warnings'. So after two significant respiratory viruses emerging in SE Asia in the last fifteen years, it wouldn't be too much of a leap to imagine that there was a chance another virus would emerge in the next 15 years. Even I can predict that. Lots of people claiming that they 'knew and tried to warn us.' Did they bollocks... No-one could predict the nature of the C-19 virus and speed of transmission, the seriousness of the illness in terms of mortality, nor exactly how to deal with it. Its just guesses, based on other guesses.

I found this on the web, the page of official warnings about Covid19 issued to the Central Alerting System of the NHS and PHE. It makes an interesting read actually to see the advice from day 1, and how it has progressed.

https://www.cas.mhra.gov.uk/Help/CoronavirusAlerts.aspx

All I am saying is what I have said from the start. Trust the Scientists and the Clinicians who have studied these situations, dealt with them before, or at least seen them dealt with rather than being critical and coming up with your own solutions. If people think that they shouldn't trust what the government is asking them to do, then they will go to parks in large numbers, they will cough in your ear'ole at Asda and they will fail to do the simple things that will see us out the other side of this in the shortest possible time.

Another document that makes interesting reading. These reports and lots of others are produced by teams of NHS folk every year.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...nal-flu-report-summary-3-january-2020-week-53

All i have wanted is for things to get done quicker than they have,guess what it seems that the Govt are now going to begin testing the staff that are on the frontline,should have been done weeks ago.

Summat not reyt in peoples heads,saw a stupid women gleefully saying on TV that her and her nextdoors were going to have an "over the fench party" wtf
Just stay in your fuckin house and stfu,why does everything have to be turned into a ME ME ME rave,fuckers lettin fireworks off instead of clappin,always some **** has to go one better than the next.

Anyway rant over,hope everyone is still feeling OK and your families.(y)

The starkness of it all is when you see Birmingham Airport being made ready to hold 12,000 err you know what's :jangel:

If anyone cares, this is the original announcement from the World Health Organisation issued to all healthcare providers on January 5th that something was was 'going on' in Wuhan.

https://www.who.int/csr/don/05-january-2020-pneumonia-of-unkown-cause-china/en/

I draw your attention to phrases like 'Based on the preliminary information from the Chinese investigation team, no evidence of significant human-to-human transmission and no health care worker infections have been reported. ' and 'WHO does not recommend any specific measures for travellers.'. Clearly the fast moving nature of Covid has caught out everyone...
I was amazed at the time when they made that statement FKB. I’d already got a sinking feeling in my gut back then having read extensively about what was happening in China, and I was looking to the WHO to take charge and alert the world about what could happen. Sadly they just waffled on in every statement playing things down, and never even tried to show any leadership until it was far too late.

To be honest I think that the WHO ranks alongside FIFA as an organisation (in more ways than one).

has anyone here tried to register on this page?
www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vunerable

all I get is "Page not found"

you can call on 0800 0288327 with your NHS number
but it doesn't recognise my NHS number
:mad:

This link works mate. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable

I started it thinking that it was for over 70’s with underlying conditions but this think it soon became clear that it’s mainly aimed at people with far more serious conditions than me like cancer and having Chemo and MS etc. so I aborted.

I was amazed at the time when they made that statement FKB. I’d already got a sinking feeling in my gut back then having read extensively about what was happening in China, and I was looking to the WHO to take charge and alert the world about what could happen. Sadly they just waffled on in every statement playing things down, and never even tried to show any leadership until it was far too late.

To be honest I think that the WHO ranks alongside FIFA as an organisation (in more ways than one).

The Chinese also played it down initially. To be fair, new viruses are not unusual but the infection rate of C19 has taken everyone by surprise.

just figured it out... www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable - can't even spell check an NHS letter
all registered tf
I didn’t see this when I replied to you RW. I don’t want it to seem like I’m prying mate but as you’ve registered ok, do you need to have a very serious named illness to register or do they also want somebody like me...over 70 with underlying medical conditions to register? I can’t seem to get a definitive answer anywhere.

I didn’t see this when I replied to you RW. I don’t want it to seem like I’m prying mate but as you’ve registered ok, do you need to have a very serious named illness to register or do they also want somebody like me...over 70 with underlying medical conditions to register? I can’t seem to get a definitive answer anywhere.

Hi GB
that url was in a letter from my GP/NHS sent out to extremely vulnerable patients

except I didn't get the letter, thought they'd overlooked me...
but my GP emailed it to me

I'm hoping it'll get me onto a supermarket home delivery list
I've tried for a couple of weeks now, and failed

Hi GB
that url was in a letter from my GP/NHS sent out to extremely vulnerable patients

except I didn't get the letter, thought they'd overlooked me...
but my GP emailed it to me

I'm hoping it'll get me onto a supermarket home delivery list
I've tried for a couple of weeks now, and failed
We’re the same RW. We had a home delivery earlier in the month but only half the groceries Turned up, and we’ve got one next week that will have taken 3 weeks to fulfil but there’s nothing pending after that. We’ve been told that neither of us should use a supermarket because even though the Mrs who’s over 70 has no underlying conditions she would most likely pass it only me who has. And the latest instructions are that people shouldn’t travel outside their own local area as that would increase transmission, so I’m loath to get my 2 lads involved till I really have to.

Hope the link works, not sure who to believe these days, from spectator 28/3/20

https://archive.fo/oz2IN

Its an interesting article, and it does pose questions about the statistical base for the projections that I think it is fair to ask. People have been saying since early on that the number of infected could be far, far higher than estimates. But then these are just different estimates. No-one knows. He could even be right, but right now, its not theoretical. Its sick people in hospital beds, and that's harder to explain away, and whether its 2% or 0.2% is pretty irrelevant.

There was a paper a few days ago by someone at Oxford Uni which suggested that as many as half of us may have had the virus already without symptoms, but as it didn't get here until the end of January, that's an awful fast transmission through the population. Lots of people seem to have the answer. Pity they all have a different one.

Its an interesting article, and it does pose questions about the statistical base for the projections that I think it is fair to ask. People have been saying since early on that the number of infected could be far, far higher than estimates. But then these are just different estimates. No-one knows. He could even be right, but right now, its not theoretical. Its sick people in hospital beds, and that's harder to explain away, and whether its 2% or 0.2% is pretty irrelevant.

There was a paper a few days ago by someone at Oxford Uni which suggested that as many as half of us may have had the virus already without symptoms, but as it didn't get here until the end of January, that's an awful fast transmission through the population. Lots of people seem to have the answer. Pity they all have a different one.
Ive seen today that the USA and not China is responsable for the CV in china Iran and Italy cus Italy have done a trade deal direct with China along with sanctions on Iran :computer::computer: .....like I said not sure who to believe

Ive seen today that the USA and not China is responsable for the CV in china Iran and Italy cus Italy have done a trade deal direct with China along with sanctions on Iran :computer::computer: .....like I said not sure who to believe

There’s a huge amount of speculation and conspiracy theories. Some are people just trying to make sense of it by joining things together to make a neat and tidy theory. Then there’s a lot of tossers who are serious mischief making and helping no one.

The thing is how does that explain Spain or the Uk or that the USA is going to lose more people than all the rest put together..?

Last edited: