Seeing as this is no longer 100% Forest | Page 3 | Vital Football

Seeing as this is no longer 100% Forest

With all the excitement of the Play Offs I completely missed the Cricket; anyone know how the one day game finished?

Think you were following the wrong game. Four days of live action from Trent Bridge for free. What more could you ask for? If only Notts could find someone they could beat.......

No, I watched the highlights this morning.

I have very little time for one day Cricket and Test Cricket is turning into a farce with the doctored pitches

Pitch preparation is nothing new, my issue is that a good pitch these days = a batsman's paradise.

England were very ragged, put down a lot of chances and were 70 odd runs short. Ireland were solid and the batting was excellent.

Pitch preparation is nothing new, my issue is that a good pitch these days = a batsman's paradise.

England were very ragged, put down a lot of chances and were 70 odd runs short. Ireland were solid and the batting was excellent.

There was a very interesting article in yesterdays Athletic about analytics and how Clubs use them.

Most Clubs subscribe to one of the main data gathering sites like Prozone, Qlickview or Scout7 and then use a developer to modify it to suit their needs.

Chelsea were the subject matter for most of the article; they use the Qlikview package which has then been modified by Microsoft.

The data comes from the Catapult sensors worn by the players which resemble Sports Bra's; the information is transmitted to the data gathering equipment and then displayed on lap tops and at Chelsea's training ground canteen on large TV screens so that the players can view their own data.

They also capture data from GPS sensors in the players boots.

The main points of interest are amount of distance covered, acceleration and deceleration rates, number of sprints at maximum speed and a thing called VC Load which measures how much force you are putting through your body.

The higher the VC Load the more susceptible the players are to injury; this information is then used to modify each players individual training programme.

All of the players, at all levels of the club, get a weekly video showing clips of the good and bad and all of the performance data.

There was an interesting remark about Liverpool who have just had to pay Manchester City 1m in compensation after three members of the Liverpool coaching team had been caught hacking into City's system.

I have a little experience in this field. Former colleagues trying to make big money by scoring the contacts for sensors and software.

There is a lot of techno-bullshit flying around but monitoring like this does make sense. Knowledge is power. Unless you're Trump or IDS, in which case ignorance is bliss.

I have a little experience in this field. Former colleagues trying to make big money by scoring the contacts for sensors and software.

There is a lot of techno-bullshit flying around but monitoring like this does make sense. Knowledge is power. Unless you're Trump or IDS, in which case ignorance is bliss.

Forest definitely use one of these systems.

I sat behind the dug out at the Palace friendly at the beginning of last season; as the players were substituted in the second half one, of the coaching staff went round collecting the catapult sensors from each player and then handed them to a guy sat at the side of the dug out who was looking at a lap top.

I went to an U23 game at the end of the season before when we played Coventry away; the Forest coaching team had table set up with an array of IT equipment on it monitoring data as the game went on

Forest definitely use one of these systems.

I sat behind the dug out at the Palace friendly at the beginning of last season; as the players were substituted in the second half one, of the coaching staff went round collecting the catapult sensors from each player and then handed them to a guy sat at the side of the dug out who was looking at a lap top.

I went to an U23 game at the end of the season before when we played Coventry away; the Forest coaching team had table set up with an array of IT equipment on it monitoring data as the game went on
Yes. It is very widespread. I don't know how far down the footy league it goes but you can buy inertial measurement units (IMU) with GPS very cheaply these days. You can also get a GPS base station to make your position data better.

What you do with the data takes a bit of knowhow but it's pretty standard. Just need one geek at the club and you're away.

so its you that watches it? ive wondered all my life who the hell actually watches snooker