Secrets of the Vatican | Page 3 | Vital Football

Secrets of the Vatican

Pride of Lions - 4/4/2014 21:24

BodyButter - 4/4/2014 05:10

SKEGGY - 4/4/2014 04:23

Has anyone ever been to Gozo, sister island to Malta? When I went we visited the Catholic Catherdal and to say its splendid is an understatement. Apparently the Church paid for it by donations. The Islands inhabitants give a 1/3rd of their wages to the church whilst living in poverty.

Is it nicer than Buckingham Palace?

I don't know about that BB, but it is a fact that the Catholic church is very rich. This is due to the 'donations' made by the followers. And as SKEGGY states, the followers mainly live in poverty. You only have to look at South America for instance.
Yep, or the Philippines.

SKEGGY - 3/4/2014 19:23

Has anyone ever been to Gozo, sister island to Malta? When I went we visited the Catholic Catherdal and to say its splendid is an understatement. Apparently the Church paid for it by donations. The Islands inhabitants give a 1/3rd of their wages to the church whilst living in poverty.

Which again sums up this institution. Don't know where in the bible and can't quote but didn't Jesus say god didn't need places of worship to be resplendent and full riches.

There is alot in The Bible about money and the abuse of it, in The O.T and N.T. Here is a link that explains it with some verses, as not all are clear on this.

That is what the 1st commandment means when it says 'Thou shall have no other God's than me' is meant in the form of people materialism and money etc.

http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdoesthebiblesay/a/bibleandwealth.htm

No, I know the one I mean when I see it, but can't at the moment recall. I will ask the rev!!

Matthew 6:19: Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20: But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal

or

Jesus entered the temple and began to drive out those who were selling, saying to them, "It is written, 'AND MY HOUSE SHALL BE A HOUSE OF PRAYER,' but you have made it a ROBBERS' DEN." 47 And He was teaching daily in the temple; but the chief priests and the scribes and the leading men among the people were trying to destroy Him,…

There are loads around it, however I know you are looking for 1 specific.

Let me know when you find out. Gotten me curious