secret courts | Vital Football

secret courts

badge73

Vital 1st Team Regular
A father has been jailed at a secret court hearing for sending a Facebook message to his grown-up son on his 21st birthday.

Garry Johnson, 46, breached a draconian gagging order which stops him publicly naming his son, Sam, whom he has brought up and who still lives with him.

In a case which is certain to fuel concerns about Britain’s shadowy network of secret courts, a judge sent the former music executive to prison for contempt at a closed-doors family court hearing in Essex at the beginning of last month.

He was not arrested by police or even represented by a lawyer.

The order silencing Mr Johnson – which follows an acrimonious divorce eight years ago – means he cannot mention either of his boys, 21-year-old Sam and Adam, 18, in public, even by congratulating them in a local newspaper announcement when they get engaged, married or have children in the future.

The extraordinary gag is set to last until the end of his life, although his boys are now adults. Last night they condemned their father’s jailing as ‘cruel and ludicrous’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2334123/Secret-court-jails-father-sending-son-21st-birthday-greeting-Facebook-gagged-naming-him.html#ixzz2UxM2WIzV

very disturbing on so many levels and needs to be looked into, and especially on the level on secret courts, how did this all happen? how can we tell other countries what to do and treat its people when this is going on?

I'm sending this link to my brother after we had a heated debate in the aftermath of the Woolwich attacks - give up basic rights through fear and this is what happens.

Well, you can blame the House of Lords for the current system. The Government tried to push through changes earlier this year, but the Lords rejected them.

What an outdated system we still have!!!!

Totally outdated and the worry as a publisher (ie I co-own the Vital Network) is what next?!

The Fear - 1/6/2013 20:44

Totally outdated and the worry as a publisher (ie I co-own the Vital Network) is what next?!

I think the next step is workhouses for the poor.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 1/6/2013 11:24

Well, you can blame the House of Lords for the current system. The Government tried to push through changes earlier this year, but the Lords rejected them.

What an outdated system we still have!!!!

Ah, yes, the new look Lords presented to us by that paragon of virtue Tony Blair.