Second Lockdown | Page 11 | Vital Football

Second Lockdown

And also blame the gov for the low number of contacts being contacted.
Any system like this will always rely on humans doing "the right thing" when "the right thing" usually equates to "when it suits".

Don't disagree, but your last sentence applies to politicians more than anyone else in society.

Don't disagree, but your last sentence applies to politicians more than anyone else in society.

Politicians are just the middle men passing the scientific advice from the scientists/medical profession to the general public so I would think it applies to the scientists more than anyone else in society .

Enforcement is pretty low so it comes down to whether you believe the infection and death figures reported and, if so, whether you believe you or your loved ones are at risk from your actions.

Why should you need an example to be set for you by anyone? Unless you believe you are being lied to, why not take personal responsibility for yourself?

In theory, anyone ignoring the advice could be putting themselves at risk, so there is nothing to gain from it. Quite the opposite.

In theory, anyone ignoring the advice could be putting themselves at risk, so there is nothing to gain from it. Quite the opposite.
+You need to tell the idiot from Bury who came back from Greece and went on a pub crawl instead of isolating, or tell the 17 people he infected.
Or tell the Scottish SNP woman, she already had the virus so had nothing to lose by putting everyone else at risk by taking a train.

I think it applies to just about any group of people. The self employed builder who has symptoms but is working the weekend for double time, the bloke who is waiting for a test result but has a stag night to go to. I'm sure there are people in all walks of life who are ignoring guidelines when it suits. It works both ways of course, I wonder how many people (before testing was available) have called in because their partner "has a cough" so needed to self isolate.
Unfortunately, human nature dictates that a section of society will take the piss, you only need to read about the numbers of people that are now being prosecuted for abusing the furlough and eat out schemes to realise that. 😪

Heard two quotes last week from "experts"

1. Eat out to help out has caused the second wave as everyone was out eating in pubs and restaurants.

2. Why are they locking down pubs and restaurants? Test and trace has revealed that only 1% of infections can be linked to the hospitality industry.

Er 🙄

In terms of point 2 that might help support the views that track and trace is not fit for purpose.

Interesting that Furlough has been extended to end of March. I think that suggests that this lockdown will end in December in name only.

Not a surprise though. I hope everyone on this board comes through this OK both health and employment.
Remember Brexit kicks in upon the new year. Sunak thinking ahead?

In terms of point 2 that might help support the views that track and trace is not fit for purpose.
Very fair point and you are right, its nit really but these people can't say its not fit for purpose then quote its figures to back up an argument.

And also blame the gov for the low number of contacts being contacted..
The narrative of "Covid contact tracing getting worse" is getting tedious.
Only today the BBC moaned about "down to 59%"
The actual number keeps going up !

If critics want 95 out of 100 traced, I'm sure that can be arranged.
Surely it is better that 50,000 out of 100,000 get traced ??