Season tickets | Page 37 | Vital Football

Season tickets

That must surely be the thinking now. Can we sell 9000 home seats? No problem, for Saturday games at least. So why give away more than the required 10% if the alterations to the SW allow us not to?

I think that is in the planning and the 4 blocks required for this (4,5,6,7) have a seating capacity of around 1100 or so.

Leaving Block 3 as segregation that leaves 430 (ish) tickets for home fans in SW.

The lower the away following, the more Block 4 becomes the segregation block (or even Block 5 if it Yeovil for example) and the more likely we can get 760(ish) into the SW.

Who would ever ever have thought we would be having these debates and conundrums!!

AlI can say is:-

Nearly 6,000 season tickets already :eek:
94% renewal rate from last season :eek:
600 new season tickets yesterday :eek:
First ever purpose built training ground in our history :eek:
Promotion back to The League :eek:
First ever Wembley appearance :eek:
Highest average crowds for 58 years :eek:
Historic FA cup run :eek:

This journey we are on with The Cowley brothers is absolutely remarkable. the last two years have been quite extraordinary and it just keeps coming and coming.

This time in our clubs history will go down in Legend and be talked about for years to come. We can say we were there and we lived it!!:wahey:

This journey we are on with The Cowley brothers is absolutely remarkable. the last two years have been quite extraordinary and it just keeps coming and coming.

This time in our clubs history will go down in Legend and be talked about for years to come. We can say we were there and we lived it!!:wahey:
First ever purpose built training ground in our history
The second, isn't it? The poor playing surface stopped its use- don't know the road it was on now but had a purpose built eating/ showering/ managerial area.

EDITED BY LUKE IMP TO CORRECT QUOTING

Last edited by a moderator:
First ever purpose built training ground in our history
The second, isn't it? The poor playing surface stopped its use- don't know the road it was on now but had a purpose built eating/ showering/ managerial area.

EDITED BY LUKE IMP TO CORRECT QUOTING

You are talking about the one up behind the Carlton Centre I think. That wasn't ours exclusively and we didn't build it or own it. I think we just paid to use it.

There won't be many clubs anywhere who can point to a two-year spell quite like it. It is only two years since we lost at home to Woking to finish in the bottom half of the Conference for the fifth year in a row. That was only 111 weeks ago.

But do force yourself to enjoy it. Stop and think about what is happening, and do it every day. Make a conscious effort to fix everything indelibly into your memory - the sights, the sounds, the emotions - because it may never come again. Young fans in the future will ask you what it was like, in much the same way as I used to ask about Bill Anderson's team when I was a boy watching Taylor's record-breakers. Those young fans will be envious of what we witnessed, so make sure you make the most of it.

Definitely history making of the highest order at the moment.
Also a young boy in the Taylor era.
That period of success made me into a lifelong fan (and doubtless all of us who grew up then).
Hopefully the same will apply now and all the younger generation fans witnessing the Cowleys era will themselves become lifelonf fans and ensure we have a guaranteed large following for the coming decades.