Season tickets | Page 42 | Vital Football

Season tickets

Personally think its up to the club to tempt those 6000+ season tkt holders to spend money at each game! Thats why the fan zone etc etc are vital !
It's a good point. If let's say there are now an extra 5k plus attending home games and the club made only £1 clear profit p.p. per game then they are raking in over 100k per season there. When you factor in programmes, 50/50 tickets, catering, bar etc. I would argue it averages out at more than £1 p.p..

It's a good point. If let's say there are now an extra 5k plus attending home games and the club made only £1 clear profit p.p. per game then they are raking in over 100k per season there. When you factor in programmes, 50/50 tickets, catering, bar etc. I would argue it averages out at more than £1 p.p..
Yeah we always buy a programme and a 50/50 & sometimes buy food n drink too.
Don't have a beer at the ground these days.

That is not accurate at all - Lincoln went into administration (actually in May) due to the collapse of ITV Digital in March 2002.

Clubs may get into trouble around March/April time because they have not budgeted correctly.
It was end March/early April 2002 just before the away game at Kidderminster. We went into admin with debts approx £m 1.5 caused by years of heavy losses,ridiculously too high wages, and relatively small shareholder investment. The ITV digital collapse, which meant the loss of potential £K 160 income in the summer of 2002, may have brought things forward but it would have still happened sooner rather than later.

It was end March/early April 2002 just before the away game at Kidderminster. We went into admin with debts approx £m 1.5 caused by years of heavy losses,ridiculously too high wages, and relatively small shareholder investment. The ITV digital collapse, which meant the loss of potential £K 160 income in the summer of 2002, may have brought things forward but it would have still happened sooner rather than later.
I thought we found out that we needed to find £75k to allow us to go into adminstration before the last game of the season, there may have been hints of trouble before the away game at Hull.

Here's a thought - a lot of people are paying for their season tickets with monthly payments via the finance option. Will this help the club with cash flow, i.e the club receives monthly payments from the finance company? Or does the club only receive the money for a season ticket once the finance company has received full payment of said season ticket?

Not entirely sure how it works with regards to the club receiving money for season tickets bought via finance, but it seems that the finance option could benefit both fans and the club alike.
I think the club will get the price in full from the finance company and then they take the risk of repayment with interest being their pay back for the risk.

I think the club will get the price in full from the finance company and then they take the risk of repayment with interest being their pay back for the risk.

When you buy on finance the seller gets paid immediately by the finance company and if the finance is interest bearing, then the seller gets a fee from the finance company. That's how it works for me when I sell product on finance, unless it's interest free credit, then I pay a fee to the finance company

We don't have a demand that outstrips supply at the moment. It happened a few times last year for specific games, but on the whole people can get in if they want to. Going forward, if we start selling out most weeks there are options - temporary seating (although it is usually rented, so not always that profitable for the club), lotteries for available tickets (Liverpool run a system like this), selling tickets further in advance so that the casual supporter can plan their visit. If you have to do this the only long term solutions are 1) increase capacity or, 2) play crap and get relegated, otherwise known as the West Brom route.

That was the case last season, but I'd argue that it won't be for 2018/19.

I had to take the tough decision not to renew my season ticket last month as I'll be leaving the country at the back end of October. I procrastinated for ages as to whether I could justify laying out £330 for 8 games, and also whether it would be fair to buy up a seat that another more local supporter could use when I'm 6,000 miles away on the other side of the world. With the decision made not to renew, I felt I could least rely on there being at least some matchday tickets available while I'm still here and that I'd still be able to go when I'm around.

This morning though, simply out of interest, I had a look on Eventbrite to see if my old ticket had been sold. It now seems the entire Selenity Stand (save for a handful of restricted view seats) is sold out, as is Bridge McFarland and the Upper Co-op. In fact, going on the map, it seems all that will be available on matchday is around 30-40 seats in the lower Co-op (assuming they don't sell before the start of the season... which seems unlikely) and whatever we might get in the Stacey West depending on the away support.

Personally (and I accept I may be slightly biased as a long-time fan who is now regretting his decision not to renew his ST!), I think the club has made a quite serious error in not capping season ticket sales, and bringing in the 'Legends Lounge' - co-incidentally the only area of the ground where there is plenty of availability still left. With interest in LCFC at an all-time high, surely a good number of matchday seats (500-1,000 for EVERY game - not just the ones where the away support allows for part of the Stacey West to be open) should have been held back so new supporters, exiles or people unable to afford £380 for a ST could go.

Surely extending the Selenity Stand now has to be uppermost in the club's thinking because I don't see any other areas of the ground where any kind of significant increase in capacity can be made. And with the new ground at least a decade away, we've reached a point where capacity has been reached and we're turning away fans (an incredible state of affairs given where we were this time 2 years ago).

Clive and Co have rightly talked about this period being a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Lincoln City - surely part of the game plan going forward has to be taking advantage of the new and existing support that is out there. In my view, the last 2-3 months (i.e. the Wembley turnout and the unprecedented level of season ticket sales) has proven beyond all doubt that Lincoln City could easily sustain a stadium of 12-15,000 - certainly while the Cowleys remain in charge and success continues.

Now off to snap up those last restricted view seats!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the case last season, but I'd argue that it won't be for 2018/19.

I had to take the tough decision not to renew my season ticket last month as I'll be leaving the country at the back end of October. I procrastinated for ages as to whether I could justify laying out £330 for 8 games, and also whether it would be fair to buy up a seat that another more local supporter could use when I'm 6,000 miles away on the other side of the world. With the decision made not to renew, I felt I could least rely on there being at least some matchday tickets available while I'm still here and that I'd still be able to go when I'm around.

This morning though, simply out of interest, I had a look on Eventbrite to see if my old ticket had been sold. It now seems the entire Selenity Stand (save for a handful of restricted view seats) is sold out, as is Bridge McFarland and the Upper Co-op. In fact, going on the map, it seems all that will be available on matchday is around 30-40 seats in the lower Co-op (assuming they don't sell before the start of the season... which seems unlikely) and whatever we might get in the Stacey West depending on the away support.

Personally (and I accept I may be slightly biased as a long-time fan who is now regretting his decision not to renew his ST!), I think the club has made a quite serious error in not capping season ticket sales, and bringing in the 'Legends Lounge' - co-incidentally the only area of the ground where there is plenty of availability still left. With interest in LCFC at an all-time high, surely a good number of matchday seats (500-1,000 for EVERY game - not just the ones where the away support allows for part of the Stacey West to be open) should have been held back so new supporters, exiles or people unable to afford £380 for a ST could go.

Surely extending the Selenity Stand now has to be uppermost in the club's thinking because I don't see any other areas of the ground where any kind of significant increase in capacity can be made. And with the new ground at least a decade away, we've reached a point where capacity has been reached and we're turning away fans (an incredible state of affairs given where we were this time 2 years ago).

Clive and Co have rightly talked about this period being a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Lincoln City - surely part of the game plan going forward has to be taking advantage of the new and existing support that is out there. In my view, the last 2-3 months (i.e. the Wembley turnout and the unprecedented level of season ticket sales) has proven beyond all doubt that Lincoln City could easily sustain a stadium of 12-15,000 - certainly while the Cowleys remain in charge and success continues.

Now off to snap up those last restricted view seats!!

I think your being very negative about not getting in! Have you firstly thought about contacting the club to discuss this with them? They may sell you a specific seat till October! Stacey West will still be available apart from 3 games imo? You mention tempoary stands havent they already been spotted on some diagrams? Also if you know your games you still can buy on Eventbrite 2wks or so before game?
Buyback also?
I appreciate its getting very difficult for some people but i personally dont believe its impossible yet!

Uti

Anybody any ideas on latest numbers sold?

I think your being very negative about not getting in! Have you firstly thought about contacting the club to discuss this with them? They may sell you a specific seat till October! Stacey West will still be available apart from 3 games imo? You mention tempoary stands havent they already been spotted on some diagrams? Also if you know your games you still can buy on Eventbrite 2wks or so before game?
Buyback also?
I appreciate its getting very difficult for some people but i personally dont believe its impossible yet!

Uti

Anybody any ideas on latest numbers sold?

Not so much negative, just a wee bit frustrated... and I guess also a bit sad that circumstances dictate that I won't be able to see my beloved Imps in anything like a decent seat for the foreseeable future. Cooped up in the corner of the Stacey West next to the away fans isn't particularly appealing, nor is having the Stacey West goal obstructed by the Selenity Stand's posts, but needs must, and if that's what it's got to be, that's what it's got to be. Should have renewed and swallowed the extra cash. Even with it working out at £40 a game, the value is decent compared to the Premier League where there is more often than not a completely sterile atmosphere and you're watching knowing your hard-earned £50+ is going toward some foreign mercenary's latest Ferrari or swimming pool.

Will be interesting to see how things are with buy-back. I dare say there's been quite a few buying up STs even if they know they're going to miss a good number of matches (as was the case with me last season as I knew I was going to miss the first couple of months of the season).

Anyway, first and foremost, it's brilliant that there is so much interest in the club and that we will again have a packed Sincil Bank week-in, week-out next season, and in the most part, my post was supposed to be musing on where we take things from here, and also on the crucial matter of ensuring we don't have potential new fans (and existing ones) locked out of the ground in the seasons to come. No doubt all of this is very much on the minds of Liam, Clive and co as the season progresses. I for one will be very interested to see how the Legends Lounge pans out because it will certainly grate if we have a big pocket of empty seats there in every game because the prawn sandwich brigade hasn't shown up in the numbers expected.

On STs remaining, I haven't counted up all the coloured dots, but if you take the Legends Lounge out of the equation, I'd be surprised if there's much more than 50 seats left available. Incredible stuff and shows that we've kicked on yet again after last season's exploits.

Not so much negative, just a wee bit frustrated... and I guess also a bit sad that circumstances dictate that I won't be able to see my beloved Imps in anything like a decent seat for the foreseeable future. Cooped up in the corner of the Stacey West next to the away fans isn't particularly appealing, nor is having the Stacey West goal obstructed by the Selenity Stand's posts, but needs must, and if that's what it's got to be, that's what it's got to be. Should have renewed and swallowed the extra cash. Even with it working out at £40 a game, the value is decent compared to the Premier League where there is more often than not a completely sterile atmosphere and you're watching knowing your hard-earned £50+ is going toward some foreign mercenary's latest Ferrari or swimming pool.

Will be interesting to see how things are with buy-back. I dare say there's been quite a few buying up STs even if they know they're going to miss a good number of matches (as was the case with me last season as I knew I was going to miss the first couple of months of the season).

Anyway, first and foremost, it's brilliant that there is so much interest in the club and that we will again have a packed Sincil Bank week-in, week-out next season, and in the most part, my post was supposed to be musing on where we take things from here, and also on the crucial matter of ensuring we don't have potential new fans (and existing ones) locked out of the ground in the seasons to come. No doubt all of this is very much on the minds of Liam, Clive and co as the season progresses. I for one will be very interested to see how the Legends Lounge pans out because it will certainly grate if we have a big pocket of empty seats there in every game because the prawn sandwich brigade hasn't shown up in the numbers expected.

On STs remaining, I haven't counted up all the coloured dots, but if you take the Legends Lounge out of the equation, I'd be surprised if there's much more than 50 seats left available. Incredible stuff and shows that we've kicked on yet again after last season's exploits.

Not sure that all the seats have gone as indícated on the map because it looked like there was maybe between 6-7000 gone a few weeks ago. Then the club announced we had sold 6000 quite a few days later so maybe they are keeping some back for whatever reason.

What makes you think the club won't sell legends lounge rickets on a match by match basis. Plenty of seats on BMF as they will be sold to adults from left to right. Huge gaps in JIC mean JIC members will placed in lower 1 or reserved block on the right before selling take place in BMF for JIC. SW will only be used by away fans in its entirety about three times during the season. Then there is buy back. I for one will be buying in the legends lounge in order to sit with my pal when he visits from Scotland. Extra price but suits your situation.