Season tickets | Page 40 | Vital Football

Season tickets

I knew there
5 of the 6 blocks in the bm stand aren't season ticket seats but JIC members to buy on a match by match basis also the uni stand is the same so that's around 800. I doubt the middle bit of the of the selenity stand is included.
The JIC season ticket areas lower one of the coop and block six of the bm stand must be included as must legends lounge area I would have thought bit odd if not.

Thanks- I knew there'd be a rationale.

what it shows is we have significantly less "Season Tickets" in the ground than we thought and will sell out at around 6,400!

So we think the maximum number of season tickets would be around 6400?

Liam said in the week that the club would keep a watching brief on the number sold so they can continue to make a certain number of match-by-match tickets available to non-season ticket holders. That must be getting close if these numbers are right.

Liam said in the week that the club would keep a watching brief on the number sold so they can continue to make a certain number of match-by-match tickets available to non-season ticket holders. That must be getting close if these numbers are right.
Should things go well on the pitch and we get close to regular sell outs it would also have a financial bonus to keep some tickets back as they will achieve more per ticket than the *discounted season passes. (For the benefit of any opposition fans discounted does not mean really cheap as per last season's scurrilous slander;))

It's an interesting question- taking all the responses on here, it looks like 6400 is the maximum number of STs BUT that doesn't appear to have any match day tickets except JIC in BM and SW when away fans are low enough for SW to be open for home fans as well (which is likely to be around 18-20 home games based on last seasons away following at the bank).

At this rate, it is likely to be a ST sell out

It's an interesting question- taking all the responses on here, it looks like 6400 is the maximum number of STs BUT that doesn't appear to have any match day tickets except JIC in BM and SW when away fans are low enough for SW to be open for home fans as well (which is likely to be around 18-20 home games based on last seasons away following at the bank).

At this rate, it is likely to be a ST sell out
BM is not just available to JIC (Sold to adults left to right. Plenty of seats in CO-OP left and there will be plenty in SW on match days!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I'll weigh in on this with a bit of pessimism, largely because I'm going to end up in a corner somewhere when I come to visit from London...

6,400 season tickets in a 10,000 capacity stadium is far too many and unfairly restricts opportunities for everyone else. Anyone who cannot guarantee their Saturdays are free faces a fight for tickets, and will probably end up with crap seats. Casual / new fans / fans with commitments (mums and dads, and by extension kids) will be most affected - that is not good for the club in the long term.

A cap of 4,500 might have helped with these problems.

I realise the guaranteed income helps the club plan financially for the season. At times of great demand however selling a lot of season tickets at a discount does not help the club.

Okay I'll weigh in on this with a bit of pessimism, largely because I'm going to end up in a corner somewhere when I come to visit from London...

6,400 season tickets in a 10,000 capacity stadium is far too many and unfairly restricts opportunities for everyone else. Anyone who cannot guarantee their Saturdays are free faces a fight for tickets, and will probably end up with crap seats. Casual / new fans / fans with commitments (mums and dads, and by extension kids) will be most affected - that is not good for the club in the long term.

I realise the guaranteed income helps the club plan financially for the season. At times of great demand however selling a lot of season tickets at a discount does not help the club.

Where have we sold a lot of ST at a discount?

4,500 is a bit low-5,500 may be more realistic. We could of course look at whether we need to discount season tickets as much as we do.

Unfortunately a guaranteed sale (and paid in advance) is far better than a potential sale. Not only is it vital for budgeting, it is also useful for matchday planning, policing, stewarding, catering etc.

Furthermore, capping it at 4500 would be lunacy - why cost yourself a guaranteed income? No business would do that deliberately. Regular repeat customers are the lifeblood of any organisation, not the casual customer.

Unfortunately a guaranteed sale (and paid in advance) is far better than a potential sale. Not only is it vital for budgeting, it is also useful for matchday planning, policing, stewarding, catering etc.

Furthermore, capping it at 4500 would be lunacy - why cost yourself a guaranteed income? No business would do that deliberately. Regular repeat customers are the lifeblood of any organisation, not the casual customer.

That's all true. 4,500 is about 50% of home capacity. But perhaps you're right that's on the low side. But almost two-thirds of home capacity is crazy.

There will always be casual supporters as part of the customer base so you need to cater for them. There will be increased demand from them as we have got a quality product. And the income per casual supporter is much larger ,£16.67 net for an adult. Compare that to a recent communication from Liam Scully that the average season ticket income is £150 ie £6.52 a game ! It would be lunacy to close off this increased revenue stream.

Of course we are aggravating the situation by over discounting season tickets,particularly the over 60's.

All seasons tickets are sold at a discount!

Sorry, I thought you meant compared to last season. Yes of course, however if we capped at 4500 what would be potential guaranteed sales now of 6000 we might well never see that money. It's always a balancing act so hopefully there will still be enough left for pay on the dayers.

while season tickets go up, the argument for temporary seating gets stronger. we will be ok if we are bobbing along in 7th-13th, but if we get a good start...

i think another drawback is how many seats we give to the opposition. home seat numbers will go down against the well supported teams - when we need the support the most.

There will always be casual supporters as part of the customer base so you need to cater for them. There will be increased demand from them as we have got a quality product. And the income per casual supporter is much larger ,£16.67 net for an adult. Compare that to a recent communication from Liam Scully that the average season ticket income is £150 ie £6.52 a game ! It would be lunacy to close off this increased revenue stream.

Of course we are aggravating the situation by over discounting season tickets,particularly the over 60's.
i wonder what the average income per casual supporter is? which would be the accurate comparison of the difference.

As long as we run the buyback scheme I can't see a problem getting a ticket most weeks? How many games did we actually sell out last season anyway?

Well, what is casual? Five games a season = £90, 10 = £180 etc. But to see if your casuals will make you more than season tickets you'd need to factor a lot of variables, including potential sales, actual sales, supporter pool etc. That would take a serious algorithm to work out.