Season tickets | Page 12 | Vital Football

Season tickets

Price of football is not bad it’s what you have to pay to bring kidds with you £4.50 for the most awful hot dog in a bag. Maybe £5.50 next season. So if you take two children you can say with drinks and food. That’s a extra 20 quid. Same with beer rip off and crap We have a lot to learn. Mk dons last season and the times I have been much better. Wigan are famous for pies and we don’t sell good ones. Should be pies peas and Gravy. Make the match day experience good and affordable

Price of football is not bad it’s what you have to pay to bring kidds with you £4.50 for the most awful hot dog in a bag. Maybe £5.50 next season. So if you take two children you can say with drinks and food. That’s a extra 20 quid. Same with beer rip off and crap We have a lot to learn. Mk dons last season and the times I have been much better. Wigan are famous for pies and we don’t sell good ones. Should be pies peas and Gravy. Make the match day experience good and affordable
Good shout, but perhaps leave the gravy to the egg men 🤣

Bradford city just announced season ticket sales of over 14000 in league 2. Bradford watch Bradford. Not other teams that’s our problem and always as been
https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2022/april/own-the-moment-202223-season-tickets-on-sale-now/

they also have the cheapest season tickets in the football league, I think they’ve been doing this for a while. Fair play to them, I think more clubs should do it. They’re a big city and if the club started doing well it could really take off.

The option of dd payments makes it a lot more affordable for people too, we’ve only offered a way of paying in instalments. As a few have said, the clubs marketing really needs to improve if we want to attract more supporters.

https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2022/april/own-the-moment-202223-season-tickets-on-sale-now/

they also have the cheapest season tickets in the football league, I think they’ve been doing this for a while. Fair play to them, I think more clubs should do it. They’re a big city and if the club started doing well it could really take off.

The option of dd payments makes it a lot more affordable for people too, we’ve only offered a way of paying in instalments. As a few have said, the clubs marketing really needs to improve if we want to attract more supporters.
The flip-side of course being that Bradford despite being a big club remain marooned in L2 as they cannot afford to bring in the players required to get out of the division as a result of those cheap season tickets.

Try that at Wigan, we'll end up marooned in L1 and unlike at Bradford, our fans won't keep renewing regardless of how cheap it is. We'd probably end up dropping further down.

They’ve just signed Harry Chapman and Richie Smallwood. I’d argue that they have the biggest budget in league 2 and have just underachieved for the last few years.

Both Bradford and Huddersfield have massively increased their support in recent years by selling cheaper season tickets. I’m not saying it would work everywhere but it’s inevitable you sell more tickets if they are made more affordable.

They’ve just signed Harry Chapman and Richie Smallwood. I’d argue that they have the biggest budget in league 2 and have just underachieved for the last few years.

Both Bradford and Huddersfield have massively increased their support in recent years by selling cheaper season tickets. I’m not saying it would work everywhere but it’s inevitable you sell more tickets if they are made more affordable.
But, it's run as a business and they aim to maximise revenue. Would the additional uptake of cheaper tickets offset the loss in revenue of the 7k that would have paid more anyway ?

But, it's run as a business and they aim to maximise revenue. Would the additional uptake of cheaper tickets offset the loss in revenue of the 7k that would have paid more anyway ?
Yes they’ve attracted fans by knocking around 1/3 off full price if they purchase early. Plus more fans in the ground = increased match day revenue.

There’s not much recognition of the clubs achievements anywhere around the stadium. I’ve seen us win the FA Cup, get to the semi final and quarter final and be in the premier league for 8 years. Let’s be proud and show people what we have done. The marketing needs to improve and start attracting new fans.

There’s not much recognition of the clubs achievements anywhere around the stadium. I’ve seen us win the FA Cup, get to the semi final and quarter final and be in the premier league for 8 years. Let’s be proud and show people what we have done. The marketing needs to improve and start attracting new fans.
The marketing needs to start. It should have started in earnest the day after the party in the park. It didn't unfortunately.

Today’s Post states Mal Brannigan saying that we have already exceeded last year’s sales.
The quote says sold more now “than at the same time last year“….but PK since clarified that it should have read more than last season in total.

Today’s Post states Mal Brannigan saying that we have already exceeded last year’s sales.
The quote says sold more now “than at the same time last year“….but PK since clarified that it should have read more than last season in total.
That's great news at last. Just make it twenty is plenty and we should be looking at 9-10 thousand home fans every match.

Surely not! Surely the experts on here know more than Brannigan
It's great news, why don't you just comment on it being great news rather than comment about one or two who have said we've sold six thousand? Who knows though the experts on here may know more than Brannigan. He only works for Latics. He isn't a fan or supporter.

It's great news, why don't you just comment on it being great news rather than comment about one or two who have said we've sold six thousand? Who knows though the experts on here may know more than Brannigan. He only works for Latics. He isn't a fan or supporter.
Yes sure they do,as you say he's only the Cheif Executive after all

That's great news at last. Just make it twenty is plenty and we should be looking at 9-10 thousand home fans every match.

Hopefully if ST sales are up on last season then matchday tickets will be reasonably priced. As opposed to ST sales being lower or similar and matchday prices being higher to make up the shortfall.