Season tickets | Page 11 | Vital Football

Season tickets

Lots of decent points but got to agree with bicky wigan rugby are totally irrelevant to us the problem lies with born and bread wiganers supporting other North west clubs like other people have said we need get into schools free tickets etc it's miles better than when I was a kid u didn't see many latics shirts target skem st helens Warrington Ormskirk it's the only way to grow the fan base say for instance the South stand get less than 1000 in every home game 4000 empty seats give them to local schools get them interested

Lots of decent points but got to agree with bicky wigan rugby are totally irrelevant to us the problem lies with born and bread wiganers supporting other North west clubs like other people have said we need get into schools free tickets etc it's miles better than when I was a kid u didn't see many latics shirts target skem st helens Warrington Ormskirk it's the only way to grow the fan base say for instance the South stand get less than 1000 in every home game 4000 empty seats give them to local schools get them interested
We should wait until pay on the day prices are announced. If the tickets are between £20 and no more than £25 with a free child we may not have to give thousands away that is If anyone can be arsed announcing them as communication is awful. On all fronts we really do need to get in to being a Championship club in 2022. Communication, news, media and marketing is no better than when we were in non league. Do we have a press officer or marketing manager? They may be a good investment.
I took a look at News Now yesterday and there were something like six or eight mentions of Latics compared to thirty odd about Preston Bolton Burnley etc. We had a similar profile in the press to Accy Morecambe and Fleetwood.
After winning the league and the two season miracle these marketing and press people should have the area buzzing.

Runcorn is a place I would say is a lost cause to try & attract more supporters. A lot of people came over to Runcorn from Liverpool in the 70's/80's (as they moved to a lot of places around that time including Wigan for that matter) so were either Liverpool or Everton fans to begin with, & whose children have followed in their footsteps.

There is the odd Man Utd supporter (probably 1 in 30). Whilst having two lowly league non league teams within the town, it is a place that is populated mainly with supporters of both the teams from Merseyside.

So as others have suggested, we do need to focus on other not too far away towns such as Warrington, St Helens, Leigh/Atherton(?). I'd forget Chorley as I imagine with them living close to both Bolton & Preston, they might lean in that direction. Or, try to convince the "Wigan born local armchair big club supporter" to come down & support their home town team.

Said it before and I'll say it again those that are coming already come. I'm not wasting my time trying to entice somebody out the boozer. You could offer them chauffeur driven transport, with a free 4 course meal followed by a blow job off Miss Wigan and they still couldn't be arsed.

Concentrate on making the match day experience as good as possible for us that can.

This time last year you couldn’t get the chairman off Twitter face book etc pens every other day nothing now

Aye but you and others didn't like him doing that all of the time.

Said it before and I'll say it again those that are coming already come. I'm not wasting my time trying to entice somebody out the boozer. You could offer them chauffeur driven transport, with a free 4 course meal followed by a blow job off Miss Wigan and they still couldn't be arsed.

Concentrate on making the match day experience as good as possible for us that can.

Prompting the classic caveat from a variation on the theme..."aye, but whose pies are they?".

Its my job to disagree. At school I watched Latics but would also travel to watch my other great love...Georgie Best with Doug. Do you remember Bob Richards ?... staunch Liverpool fan and I've been with him and stood on the Kop several times.

I try not to pigeon hole myself.
I know Bob quite well, he never misses a Liverpool game, including all the champions league games,top bloke too. His son had a spell watching Latics in his teens,although he has since moved away from Wigan.

Its my job to disagree. At school I watched Latics but would also travel to watch my other great love...Georgie Best with Doug. Do you remember Bob Richards ?... staunch Liverpool fan and I've been with him and stood on the Kop several times.

I try not to pigeon hole myself.
Went to Old Trafford quite a lot in the late sixties and seventies, always a lot if wganers on the train from Wallgate to Vic on matchdays.

Fixtures released today, club should be screaming from the rooftops regarding season tickets.

Quiet as mice. Marketing/communications department, non-existent. What do they actually get paid for?

Have to say I was a little surprised there was no advertising today re season tickets. However i suspect those who are going to buy already have given the prices of them now. I wonder if the club are reassessing the prices and release schedule in comparison to other local clubs.

I’m also wondering when we’ll get news on this seasons kits and the release date? Sooner the better, as with anything new they’ll get worn and is free advertising for the club.

Have to say I was a little surprised there was no advertising today re season tickets. However i suspect those who are going to buy already have given the prices of them now. I wonder if the club are reassessing the prices and release schedule in comparison to other local clubs.

I’m also wondering when we’ll get news on this seasons kits and the release date? Sooner the better, as with anything new they’ll get worn and is free advertising for the club.
Think I've heard July. They've sorted a new shirt sponsor, which is why "EPIC" have taken the stadium naming rights instead.

A true Wiganer would not watch man utd Liverpool man City Everton
If that is how it works would they

That's not the problem Bicky, I for one take exception to being classed as a lesser fan for having the audacity to give some support to another club in my home town.

I am proud of my home town and regardless of who or what they do I am happy to see any person representing the town be successful.

For someone to say that I am not a true fan of the club I have given unwavering support to for over sixty years is to say the least annoying.

Do we really have to alienate people from supporting the club by labelling them as lesser fans just because as sports fans they want to watch another team from the same town in a different sport ?

I never said your a lesser fan but appreciate that you do both
so long has PeoplE accept my view as well and the view of many more who feel same as i do

I never said your a lesser fan but appreciate that you do both
so long has PeoplE accept my view as well and the view of many more who feel same as i do

Sorry mate, that comment wasn't aimed at your good self but at another poster who believes anyone who has allegiance with the other club in the town is not a "true Latics fan".

I know Bob quite well, he never misses a Liverpool game, including all the champions league games,top bloke too. His son had a spell watching Latics in his teens,although he has since moved away from Wigan.

He moved away several years ago due to work but has been back in Wigan quite a while. His family were all scousers , he took me before 1 match his Grandma or summat. Oh to be 14 again.

Runcorn is a place I would say is a lost cause to try & attract more supporters. A lot of people came over to Runcorn from Liverpool in the 70's/80's (as they moved to a lot of places around that time including Wigan for that matter) so were either Liverpool or Everton fans to begin with, & whose children have followed in their footsteps.

There is the odd Man Utd supporter (probably 1 in 30). Whilst having two lowly league non league teams within the town, it is a place that is populated mainly with supporters of both the teams from Merseyside.

So as others have suggested, we do need to focus on other not too far away towns such as Warrington, St Helens, Leigh/Atherton(?). I'd forget Chorley as I imagine with them living close to both Bolton & Preston, they might lean in that direction. Or, try to convince the "Wigan born local armchair big club supporter" to come down & support their home town team.

Targeting fans already in those areas a few times a season to drag others along will work. We've done it with two different people, few games on a free used season ticket and now they have their own. Our kids pricing is really good, the only nightmare we've had is trying to get everyone within the same area of the stand as you've got multiple groups expanding (never a bad thing).

the stadium needs ten thousand seats taking out of it. Must be a way of doing away with back 10 rows around the stadium we never fill it and never will. The corporate side of the stadium is piss poor east stand could have boxes or a conference facility built.