Season tickets | Page 10 | Vital Football

Season tickets

Do you think the way some Latics fans talk about Warriors and the owner that the Warriors son is going to be inclined to support Latics?

Without the hated i bet he'd be a lot more likely to support Latics, along with thousands of Warriors fans who watch football but feel like they can't support both Wigan teams so watch United, Liverpool, etc.

That is exactly the issue we need to address, to stop the hatred both ways. Some folks dont want to move on and it wont go away over night but as someone mentioned earlier if we can manage to move on after wars i think we can probably learn to too. You've got to start somewhere with the end goal being no one feels that they are not welcome to attend Latics and if they support Warriors that isn't an issue.
I was on about the last orders owners son not
Wurriors owner

That's irrelevent to the point though, if 10k sports fans in our catchment area feel like their support for Warriors makes them disliked by Latics fans - and they can't watch both then that's 10k potential fans we lose for no good reason.

If we took away the rivalry i'm sure the full 10k wouldn't suddenly come to Latics, but if 1 in 10 did that's an extra thousand and that would be very good for us.
But they don't have 10k fans from Wigan take away the away fans from the 10k
Then take away those that live in Bolton preston chorley and other areas be lucky if they have 6k from Wigan could be less

As much as I dislike the worriers it would be silly on Latics part to not at least try and encourage some of them to attend our games.
I know there was talk of joint STs before but maybe we could offer half price tickets to their ST holders and them reciprocate the offer.

I think our best bet though is to continue offering free tickets to local kids. But widen the circulation.
Make it a day for them. A meet with the players, a pic with our trophies, a free scarf.
Maybe lay on transport to get them to the ground

As much as I dislike the worriers it would be silly on Latics part to not at least try and encourage some of them to attend our games.
I know there was talk of joint STs before but maybe we could offer half price tickets to their ST holders and them reciprocate the offer.

I think our best bet though is to continue offering free tickets to local kids. But widen the circulation.
Make it a day for them. A meet with the players, a pic with our trophies, a free scarf.
Totally agree the children of Wigan borough are our future and also surrounding areas
We should invite schools across Wigan and its borough to a day visit to the stadium meet the players free scarves and free match day tickets

I was on about the last orders owners son not
Wurriors owner

Same thing though, was the previous owner not getting the same type of stick?

But they don't have 10k fans from Wigan take away the away fans from the 10k
Then take away those that live in Bolton preston chorley and other areas be lucky if they have 6k from Wigan could be less

If it is 10k or 6k or less, it's still a block of potential fans you want to try and add to our fan base.

Same thing though, was the previous owner not getting the same type of stick?

If it is 10k or 6k or less, it's still a block of potential fans you want to try and add to our fan base.
Yea but hang on no smoke bout fire he was giving it as well
So he got it back you seem to me to be defending them but criticising us latics fans has though it's us who started it

I have told you I don't bother who goes to our games
I am sure if they wanted to they would
I know you keep saying well they won't feel wanted that's why they don't come to games
But that is up to them how they feel
I don't give a shit if a rugby fan sat next to me in his rugby shirt
As long has he didn't go on about wurriors and so on
But it is how it is and can't see it changing I know you are not from Wigan I know you support both codes and I'm fine with that
But you are fighting a losing battle hoping things will change soon

Agreed, from a marketing perspective it's no use to just offer 'free tickets to come and watch Wigan' to kids as if they didn't care in the first place wont come just because it's free - you have to tell them why they should care. Getting the players into schools, taking the trophies in and telling the Latics story is what will win them round - as we have a great stroy to tell.

If we can get the kids excited about the Latics story - then offer them free tickets after we generate some interest. Maybe the club are already doing this but i never hear about it these days, while back in the day when we were heavily promoting JJ's kids club back in the 2000's the stadium seemed to have far more kids in.

From there have fun days, open training days, match day clubs, etc - i think we used to do quite a lot of stuff like that back in the day and i imagine a good chunk of our current fan base who are young adults may have come through that.

Yea but hang on no smoke bout fire he was giving it as well
So he got it back you seem to me to be defending them but criticising us latics fans has though it's us who started it

No, i'm critasing the whole rivalry pushing anyone away.

If we want any Warriors fans to support us we can't keep huring abuse at them.

No, i'm critasing the whole rivalry pushing anyone away.

If we want any Warriors fans to support us we can't keep huring abuse at them.
I cant see it changing any time soon many latics fans cant forget those days
No matter how much we talk about it
Better of targeting st helens and warrington areas as well has southport
To try get more fans
But to be honest shouldn't you be talking to wurriors fans rather than to us latics fans about this after all we cant force them to come to games
Im sure cherry and white forum will listen to you or some other wurriors forum

I have told you I don't bother who goes to our games
I am sure if they wanted to they would
I know you keep saying well they won't feel wanted that's why they don't come to games
But that is up to them how they feel
I don't give a shit if a rugby fan sat next to me in his rugby shirt
As long has he didn't go on about wurriors and so on
But it is how it is and can't see it changing I know you are not from Wigan I know you support both codes and I'm fine with that
But you are fighting a losing battle hoping things will change soon

I don't personally follow rugby (if i did it would be Saints), Warriors are largely irrelevent to Latics, so i'm just indifferent to them.

But i care about our fan base growing and the rivalry potentially alienating future supporters. We can't disolve the us vs them feelings if we are talking about an unwillingness to let go and and hatred.

I'd love to see both clubs collaborating to try and reach accross the divide and showing the fans you are welcome at both clubs.

I cant see it changing any time soon many latics fans cant forget those days
No matter how much we talk about it
Better of targeting st helens and warrington areas as well has southport
To try get more fans
But to be honest shouldn't you be talking to wurriors fans rather than to us latics fans about this after all we cant force them to come to games
Im sure cherry and white forum will listen to you or some other wurriors forum

As i said earlier no point talking to 30 hardcore fans on internet forums - it achieves nothing, if the club wants to attract their fans need to be appealing to the thousands not on those forums through joint marketing initiatives.

We need to wrestle the narrative away from the minority with nothing but hate inside um, from both sides. It makes no sense and hurts both.

I think the key word there is minority. Without stats to show how many have season tickets for both, we really don't know how much it affects us. We both have similar sized crowds (let's presume 7k season tickets each). Writing off 50% as people who would never be interested in the other sport, that doesn't leave a huge market, and as far as we know half of them might already support both clubs. The trouble is that this board is a very poor place to gauge the true opinion of the public.

Last edited:
I don't personally follow rugby (if i did it would be Saints), Warriors are largely irrelevent to Latics, so i'm just indifferent to them.

But i care about our fan base growing and the rivalry potentially alienating future supporters. We can't disolve the us vs them feelings if we are talking about an unwillingness to let go and and hatred.

I'd love to see both clubs collaborating to try and reach accross the divide and showing the fans you are welcome at both clubs.
Warrior's are largely irrelevant to latics
Nail on head ill say no more

Its my job to disagree. At school I watched Latics but would also travel to watch my other great love...Georgie Best with Doug. Do you remember Bob Richards ?... staunch Liverpool fan and I've been with him and stood on the Kop several times.

I try not to pigeon hole myself.
Robert Richards is a name I recall